Resolution Time Again

Posted by: Biggerfoot

Resolution Time Again - 01/01/13 04:31 PM

Well, it is that time of year ago, at least for me.

My resolution is to add much more cardio to my exercises. My goal is to add 15 more minutes a day to my treadmill time...jogging 15 minutes on my workout days and 45 minutes three other days.

I normally workout three days a week and always planned on using my old treadmill on days off. My very old treadmill pretty much had it. I ended up replacing it a couple of weeks ago with a much better one.

My problem with treadmills are they are so boring! I have mine in front of a window in my fitness room and have a tv off to the side. To help things out, I just added a shelf and now can watch TV via my iPad.

After two days...so far so good!

The $5 treadmill iPad holder:

Part of my crowded fitness room (the treadmill does fold up):

I still do some strongman stuff:

Posted by: DLC

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/01/13 04:59 PM

I plan to join a local gym (Exercise Anytime) and go at least 3 X / week for 1 hour. Like you, I get bored on the treadmill; so I like watching news, politics, or market news. I tried music, but I need the visual distraction too !!

The last 2 years I went to the CDC Lifestyle Center, and that worked pretty well. So I'm not doing this cold turkey. Had some practice ! wink
Posted by: carp

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/01/13 05:05 PM

Cool stuff Bigger.

I get plenty of cardio just from work alone. My resolution would be to actually gain some weight and keep it on , even if its only 5 lbs.

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/01/13 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
I plan to join a local gym (Exercise Anytime) and go at least 3 X / week for 1 hour. Like you, I get bored on the treadmill; so I like watching news, politics, or market news. I tried music, but I need the visual distraction too !!

The last 2 years I went to the CDC Lifestyle Center, and that worked pretty well. So I'm not doing this cold turkey. Had some practice ! wink

It seems to always difficult staying motivated and not bored doing the same thing day in and day out. At least on the treadmill, watching something seems to help with the boredom.

I have actually cut my weightlifting equipment back a bit from my heyday. I guess age and time has told me I no longer needed three tons of weights and a series of Atlas Stones. I just pretty much exercise for health now.

I seem to be pretty good at adding weight...what a nice problem smile

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/05/13 01:12 PM

Woo.hooo...I am on a roll...picked up more 100 pound plates for very cheap (it is amazing how much new pates are now).

I actually already loaded them up on my equipment...keeping to my resolution after five days...wow! It seems like it has been months.

Posted by: DLC

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/05/13 01:28 PM

Yep look like a good pair of Republicans to me !! laugh
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/05/13 03:05 PM

Bigger.. there seems to be photo loading problem on my end. I'm looking for your pics of your exercise room... but all that is loading are some pics of what I guess is a local training camp facility for Seal Team 6... weird.

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/05/13 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Bigger.. there seems to be photo loading problem on my end. I'm looking for your pics of your exercise room... but all that is loading are some pics of what I guess is a local training camp facility for Seal Team 6... weird.

Better check your log!

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/05/13 05:13 PM

Good grief!
Can we see a photo of what all of this exertion does for the human body?

Not yer ass.. that's just beginning to fade from my memory... eek

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/05/13 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Good grief!
Not yer ass.. that's just beginning to fade from my memory... eek

Well, maybe not that but I do have some concrete balls wink

Posted by: drjohn

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/05/13 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC

I joined Athletics Anonymous. When I feel like exercising I call a number and a guy comes over with a bottle of Jack Daniels and helps me get over the feeling. wink
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/05/13 08:56 PM

I like your approach, drjohn. Wonder if there's a local branch here . . .
Posted by: steveg

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/06/13 03:35 AM

I resolve to do nothing but watch everyone else break their resolutions! laugh

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/06/13 04:10 AM

My resolution is to write 2013 instead of 2012....
Posted by: steveg

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/06/13 04:56 AM

I'm writing 3102. Because I'm lexdisic. shocked
Posted by: MrB

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/06/13 07:37 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
I'm writing 3102. Because I'm lexdisic. shocked

"Lexdisic", I love it

I normally have trouble getting used to writing the new year at the beginning.

Dave
Posted by: MrB

Re: Resolution Time Again - 01/06/13 07:45 AM

LOL

I have no trouble with exercise. I can watch people do it minutes on end

Dave