Gmail box getting full?

Posted by: NucleusG4

Gmail box getting full? - 12/28/12 06:22 PM

Not wanting to pay for more room... I found this works in the search field:

size:5m or larger:5m

Type in whatever size you want to search for.... then delete at will.
Posted by: Nana

Re: Gmail box getting full? - 12/29/12 11:38 AM

Doesn't work for me. When I enter what you listed, it only finds large mail. Does not increase Gmail storage space. I found this when researching how to increase its storage space. I noticed it has the same info you provided.

I currently have 10gb of storage. My brother tried to send me videos from his cell phone to my Gmail account & he kept getting messages that the video files are too big. WTF?!?!?!?

I am still researching on how to increase my storage so I can receive my brother's videos.

Re: Gmail box getting full? - 12/29/12 11:57 AM

Gmail has a 25 MB limit for email, I think.

Quote:
Doesn't work for me. When I enter what you listed, it only finds large mail. Does not increase Gmail storage space.

Exactly. It doesn't eliminate them for you... it only culls them out from the masses. Then it's up to you to determine if you want to delete them. You can bulk forward them to another email and then bulk delete if you don't want to review them individually. Or... if you are sure that you are ok with deleting them w/o reviewing each one ... just click the button which causes each ones box to be checked and delete a whole page at a time till they're gone.

How full is your Gmail account? It tells you at the bottom left.

Re: Gmail box getting full? - 12/29/12 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4

How full is your Gmail account? It tells you at the bottom left.

You are currently using 49 MB (0%) of your 10327 MB

My brother just sent the videos to my Yahoo Mail account which accepted them w/o a problem. I think Yahoo Mail has unlimited storage.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Gmail box getting full? - 12/29/12 12:40 PM

I hate Gmail. I hate Google and all their products... even the good ones.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Gmail box getting full? - 12/29/12 03:37 PM

I've been using Yahoo since jesus was born and had no idea what my stoage space was limited to or what!! So I just checked:

Quote:
Users who follow the Yahoo! Terms of Service and who don't trigger our anti-abuse controls can use an unlimited amount of free email storage. You never need to delete another email, unless you want to.

Note: To avoid abuse of our unlimited storage, we do monitor accounts for excessive usage. Yahoo! limits the number and size of messages allowed from a mailbox within a given timeframe. While our goal is to ensure that everyone benefits from unlimited storage, Yahoo! Mail is not designed as a replacement for a mass email campaign solution.

If your account has had a lot of activity in a short period and you are experiencing email response issues, you may need to create new folders or move some emails to other folders.

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Gmail box getting full? - 12/29/12 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: MacGizmo
I hate Gmail. I have Google and all their products... even the good ones.
You have Google and all their products or hate Google and all their products?

Why don't you like them? I'm neutral actually. If they work I use them, if not I figure what do you want for nothing. For example I have one client with a dozen or so employees that use Google calendar in iCal and share calendars. It's been a few years and it always has had glitches, can't find the server for some accounts, but always with only an account or two, not all at once, which always irons out in a short time.

They just got Filemaker Server to host their databases instead of Filemaker Pro so were going to put a calendar on there for local and remote access. It's supposed to be a solid solution, you get what you pay for.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Gmail box getting full? - 12/31/12 11:14 AM

typo fixed. I **hate** them.

Aside from the fact that I don't like being monetized to death, the biggest problems I have with Google are:

1) ALL their products feel half-finished. They look half-finished, and work about the same amount. It's almost like they stop at "good enough."

2) ALL their products appear to receive changes on a whim, with little regard to the user. And because they're all web services, it's not like you can simply continue to "use the old version."

3) Google has a habit of simply canceling a service (iGoogle comes to mind).

Re: Gmail box getting full? - 12/31/12 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: MacGizmo
typo fixed. I **hate** them.

Aside from the fact that I don't like being monetized to death, the biggest problems I have with Google are:

1) ALL their products feel half-finished. They look half-finished, and work about the same amount. It's almost like they stop at "good enough."

2) ALL their products appear to receive changes on a whim, with little regard to the user. And because they're all web services, it's not like you can simply continue to "use the old version."

3) Google has a habit of simply canceling a service (iGoogle comes to mind).

I *HATE* the new version of Gmail. The "buttons" are not pronounced any longer like they are on the HTML version. I've tried every theme they have and they all appear "flat."
I only use Gmail to view. I compose on either Yahoo, Comcast, Verizon or Thunderbird. smile

I don't care for the new versions of Yahoo either. At least w/Yahoo Mail you can continue to use their older version. I'm still on version that came out w/the Tiger os! laugh

Re: Gmail box getting full? - 12/31/12 12:13 PM

Ahhhh. the spoiled modern times we live in.... when we kvetch about buttons not being pronounced.
Hell.. when I was kid, the onliest buttons we had were on my Grandpas coat.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Gmail box getting full? - 12/31/12 12:17 PM

So, what held your knickers up? blush

Re: Gmail box getting full? - 12/31/12 05:25 PM

Rope if lucky. Usually just twine and some wood, effyouknowwhatImeanVern......