Missed my Ten Year Anniversary Here

Posted by: Biggerfoot

Missed my Ten Year Anniversary Here - 12/23/12 08:24 AM

Wow, it has been over ten years since I first registered with MacMinute!

A lot of life has gone by in the past ten years...lots of changes that could have never been foreseen but still have my Macs!

Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Missed my Ten Year Anniversary Here - 12/23/12 09:03 AM

Now you can write your age in two figures. Congratulations!
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Missed my Ten Year Anniversary Here - 12/23/12 10:54 AM

Hardly seem like 10 years...getting there myself...April '03 (under a different name)
Posted by: DLC

Re: Missed my Ten Year Anniversary Here - 12/23/12 02:35 PM

Well Bigger ... don't expect tenure !! wink
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Missed my Ten Year Anniversary Here - 12/23/12 05:43 PM

Happy 10th!

I registered at MM in April '02 and I was on MC well before that.
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Missed my Ten Year Anniversary Here - 12/24/12 07:26 AM

I cannot recall when I first signed up at MC. I know it was when OS 8.5 first came and it was just a long list of posts. I was excited at getting the OS CD for $25 at the university store.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Missed my Ten Year Anniversary Here - 12/24/12 11:47 AM

Me too bigger. I remember going to Salem for a late night release of 8.5. I still have the Tee shirt I got with the CD.
Quote:

Mac OS 8.5

Released October 17, 1998, Mac OS 8.5 was the first version of the Mac OS to run solely on Macs equipped with a PowerPC processor. If you try to install Mac OS 8.5 on a 68k Mac, the Sad Mac error screen will appear. As such, it replaced some but not all of the 680x0 code with PowerPC code, improving system performance by relying less on 680x0 emulation.

It introduced the Sherlock search utility; Sherlock allowed users to search the contents of documents on hard drives (if the user had let it index the drive), or extend a search to the Internet. Sherlock plug-ins started appearing at this time; these plug-ins allowed users to search the contents of other websites.

My number here is #6. Another young gentleman has a lower number but he actually registered later than I did. He enjoyed some extra privileges here that allowed him to snag his most recent low reg number wink.

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Missed my Ten Year Anniversary Here - 12/24/12 09:24 PM

#4 is Stan.