I did it!

Posted by: MacBozo

I did it! - 12/17/12 06:05 PM

Just ordered my daughter an iPhone 5 - refurbed 16gig for the reduced upgrade price. It will be a big step up from her 3GS. I also got her an Otterbox Commuter case since she has a habit of dropping her phone. Bullet bitten.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: I did it! - 12/17/12 06:12 PM

Woo Hoo!
(Hope she doesn't read the forums)!
wink
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: I did it! - 12/17/12 07:08 PM

Great present!

Update - 12/22/12 05:56 PM

It shipped USPS Priority on Tuesday for Thursday delivery. Tracking was fine until it got to the Sarasota, FL USPS sort facility (about a 90 minute drive from here). It processed out of that facility on the 20th in the evening. 36 hours elapsed until it arrived at the St. Petersburg sort facility this morning (a 15 minute drive from here). It also left that facility this AM. Package still has not arrived at my house. Now, It won't be delivered until Monday at the earliest, if at all. I received 3 other packages via standard Parcel Post within 3 days of their shipping dates. This makes no sense.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Update - 12/22/12 07:48 PM

So cool. She will love it

I got my oldest daughter an iPad Mini 16g 3G.

She will become addicted

Dave
Posted by: Leslie

Re: I did it! - 12/22/12 07:51 PM

Apple presents-sweet.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Update - 12/23/12 04:46 AM

My brother works in loss prevention for UPS. You would not believe the stories he has when it comes to theft... even by the drivers... and especially of Apple products.
There was even one story of a guy who drove for UPS but also had a business of his own. He delivering in his own area. He would take other packages and shove them in larger packages going to his own business... then tape it shut. Wooosh... gone.

There was this UPS driver that stole an iPad from a doorstep 2 days ago... after Fed Ex had just delivered it. Video included.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/apple/ups-man-steals-ipad-mini/

At the UPS facility they have to lock up this stuff overnight. They can tell by a glance what the value is by the last digits on the code.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Update - 12/23/12 06:42 AM

Not to mention the kids in the neighborhood swiping the packages off the porches
Posted by: Nana

Re: Update - 12/23/12 12:28 PM

Mostly it's adults that are doing the stealing.

Re: Update - 12/23/12 02:27 PM

This is the Postal Service. It's in the area, but I think it's being transported by carrier cat. 2 days transit from Texas to Sarasota and 4 or 5 days from Sarasota to me (less than 90 miles).
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Update - 12/23/12 04:24 PM

Yes, I read your post saying USPS. I guess my pint was about carriers and the holiday crime that goes on... and how that may delay your package. If it was stolen at the Mail facility... if they have to lock it up every night.. and so on.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Update - 12/23/12 07:42 PM

I'll go $5 you get it tomorrow. You on? grin

I take Paypal.

Re: Update - 12/23/12 08:05 PM

Arrival scan at my local post office at 7:42 this morning. 24.5 hours to go 6 miles. 7 days travel time with 5 days locally. AT&T should get their shipping fees refunded since it was shipped priority mail. It will get here tomorrow, or sometime next year.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Update - 12/23/12 09:10 PM

My fingers are crossed for tomorrow.

Re: Update - 12/24/12 09:53 AM

Just arrived. The outer box was battered and bruised, but the inner packaging and phone are undamaged. Whew!
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Update - 12/24/12 10:21 AM

About time! Enjoy giving it--my favorite part of Christmas, sappy as it may sound-- more blessed to give than to receive is a true thing.