Home from surgery

Posted by: Papa

Home from surgery - 12/11/12 03:54 PM

Had the left knee scoped today and not feeling very good. Don't know the whole story yet but there was a lot of cartilage damage and lots of scar tissue to go along with the arthritis. If I have any more problems with the knee it will mean a knee replacement is in order. My daughter, grandson, and grand dog are spending the night with me. Pizza and Uno are on the menu for tonight.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Home from surgery - 12/11/12 04:09 PM

Mend quickly, Papa!
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Home from surgery - 12/11/12 05:13 PM

Sorry you have to go through this. Hope you feel better soon!
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Home from surgery - 12/11/12 05:56 PM

Good luck with the recovery!!
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Home from surgery - 12/11/12 06:06 PM

Best of luck, you're lucky to have the company, it helps.
Posted by: SleeveTugger

Re: Home from surgery - 12/12/12 12:54 AM

Take it easy and hopefully things will heal quickly.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Home from surgery - 12/12/12 02:21 AM

Let's hope you mend well. Will have you in my thoughts.

Dave
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Home from surgery - 12/12/12 06:16 AM

Take care Papa
Posted by: steveg

Re: Home from surgery - 12/12/12 06:44 AM

Ouch. I know from knee pain. I had Osgood-Schlatter disease in both knees when I was in H.S. Got out of gym for almost a full year and even had to use crutches on bad days. Still have the bump on both knees and boy howdy do I feel it on cold damp days — even though it's not supposed to be chronic. eek

I sure hope you find some relief soon!
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Home from surgery - 12/12/12 07:43 AM

Hope you get to feeling better soon...had a friend who had knee replacement several years ago, turned out ok and he gets around better now than he did 10 years ago...you are lucky there are good hospitals in your area
Posted by: Mike

Re: Home from surgery - 12/12/12 08:44 AM

Have a speedy recovery!
(I had this done six years ago before the TKA.)
Posted by: Papa

Re: Home from surgery - 12/12/12 09:32 AM

Thanks for all the good wishes and kind thoughts. I had the right knee scoped three years ago and it went really well. Sure is different this time. I am using a walker to get around the house. I have a set of exercises to do but I can't even begin to do some of them. I am flexing and stretching as much as I can but the leg lifts are out of the question. I am hoping things will be better tomorrow when I take the bandages off.

I was planning on retiring in August but I may have to move that up some. I know all the women customers will be disappointed but they will just have to deal with it. grin
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Home from surgery - 12/12/12 05:37 PM

You can run that Boston Marathon next year, Papa, with a new knee.

wink Hope all goes well with ya.

Kate