I died and I'm going to heaven in April.

Posted by: steveg

I died and I'm going to heaven in April. - 12/02/12 03:29 AM

Just learned that Celtic Woman is coming to Dayton this Spring for one performance only. I may just bite the bullet and pledge $250 to the local PBS station because it includes two tickets and a meet & greet before the show — if they have any left. And if not, I'll take whatever is open. I. Love. These. Women!
Posted by: MrB

Re: I died and I'm going to heaven in April. - 12/02/12 04:21 AM

Yes, I love their music also. I love Irish music. Some how it just fits a need in my soul.

Dave

Re: I died and I'm going to heaven in April. - 12/02/12 04:51 AM

I just purchased their new Christmas album, Home for Christmas. Beautiful.

Their version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town is even beautiful.

Of course I love Christmas music. The traditional songs. Many singers think they need to put their own twist to the songs, and just ruin them.

I'm half way through and am very pleased.

Dave

Re: I died and I'm going to heaven in April. - 12/02/12 05:08 AM

I'm just blown away by the staging and the arrangements. Their sound is lilting and full and sensual, yet at the same time there's something raw and primal about it. The producer is the same guy who introduced Riverdance, and I'm pretty sure it's the same percussion group. And Mareád Nesbitt, the fiddler, is a 5' nuclear pulse drive! cool
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: I died and I'm going to heaven in April. - 12/02/12 05:56 AM

I have seen that on PBS before.. it was very moving. Hope you get tix!

Re: I died and I'm going to heaven in April. - 12/02/12 06:54 AM

Just checked the Schuster Center online box office, and there's nary an orchestra seat left. eek No Loge and only last row 1st balcony. Gonna call the station to see if there are any comps left. A $200 pledge gets you two tix, but the $250 includes the meet & greet. Both options aren't much more than the retail price for orchestra seats. And what the hell — it's tax deductible to boot.

Re: I died and I'm going to heaven in April. - 12/02/12 07:20 AM

YES!!! Just scored two tix plus the DVD of the concert they just aired. Too late to get the meet & greet level, but I'll take it yes indeed! Plus there are lots of good perks that come w/membership. smile
Posted by: Pirate

Re: I died and I'm going to heaven in April. - 12/02/12 07:25 AM

Glad you got some tix and the DVD...I love the group, even if the seats are not the best just hearing them live is worth it

Re: I died and I'm going to heaven in April. - 12/02/12 08:04 AM

These are good seats. That's why I opted for the PBS membership pledge. The retail box office had nothing good left. Now I gotta find me a date. blush Can't sit in two seats at once. grin

Re: I died and I'm going to heaven in April. - 12/02/12 08:11 AM

I've seen them on TV a few times. They certainly have a stage presence and they can sing.

Dave
Posted by: DLC

Re: I died and I'm going to heaven in April. - 12/02/12 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: steveg
These are good seats. That's why I opted for the PBS membership pledge. The retail box office had nothing good left. Now I gotta find me a date. blush Can't sit in two seats at once. grin

I dunno Steve if you sit in both seats you get to hear it in Stereo !! whistle