Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart

Posted by: Lea

Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 07/15/12 05:24 PM

Fine. AMC is toast on Dish. I've been telling myself I can just read plot synopsis stuff, and I swear I'll never get hooked on another show that comes on at 9. I get up at 5 these daze, so I go to bed pretty early.

AAAAAAaaaaaarggggggghhhhhhh!

As much as I hate ~ totally hate ~ watching "TV" on my Mac, I'm gonna have to do this. Thing is I don't want to subscribe to anything, and because I have no idea where to look, I worry that I'll hook up with some idiot site that will poison my Mac.

Sigh. What's a MacBabe to do? Oh, yeah. Ask her peeps, 'cause they know everything smile

Fingers crossed . . .
Posted by: Silver_Moon

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 07/15/12 05:45 PM

My dad and I are very angry that Dish dropped AMC. We watched Breaking Bad too and the last season was like OMG.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 07/15/12 05:54 PM

iTunes?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/breaking-bad-season-5/id533936970

From what I understand, there's only a day or two lag from broadcast =)

As for watching stuff on your computer, that's what AppleTV is there to fix ;-)
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 07/15/12 05:58 PM

Hulu....
Not free.... but tons of stuff.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 07/15/12 06:02 PM

The same thing happened over at directv last year when they were going to drop FX and other fox channels, and at the last second they reached an agreement...they say...I think it is just a ploy to raise rates...when you loose the channels you signed up for do they give you a rebate...no...one of the reasons I signed up for directv was because they had some channels I liked....then they are taken away...no one ask me if I minded.....same with dish, bet there is no refund program in place because of the loss of some programs..I understand it is not only amc that is gone but all of the Viacom channels...mtv, spike, and others

where I live now we are on cable....still get all of my favorites. but the cable company has changed owners on average once every 10 months or so...the new owner added some channels we were not getting, tcm being one....so thats good but what the cable company giveith, the cable co. takeith when ever they please
Posted by: garyW

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 07/15/12 10:52 PM

I feel your pain (not about Dish though). I don't have HBO. Watched the first episode of The Newsroom online and LOVED it . HBO allowed YouTube the high res episode 1 just to get misers like me hooked now I need to hijack a friends HBO online account or something if I'm ever going to see it this year.

I've never watched Breaking Bad but I see Netflix has season 1-4. Might as well jump in.
And also . I think watching shows & movies on my iPad with headphones is pretty damn cool.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 07/16/12 08:36 AM

Mostly I wait to watch a series until it comes out on DVD, with my work schedule it is hard to keep up with each episode, waiting for SOA season 4 now, own 1-3 that way I can watch
it when I have time.
Posted by: Nana

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 07/16/12 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Hulu....
Not free.... but tons of stuff.

confused

Yes it is!!!

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 07/16/12 12:03 PM

You can watch full episodes of BB on AMC's site = http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/episode-501-breaking-bad

Another site you can use is Sidereel = http://www.sidereel.com/Breaking_Bad/season-5/episode-1/search

YouTube is another resource you can use to watch full episodes of your favorite tv shows 24 hours after it's shown on tv.
You have to be quick though before the "stations" pull them off YouTube. Usually, it's 24-72 hours after the shows have been posted.

I do not watch tv shows or movies on my computer either. What I do is download & burn onto a dvd if I do not have their channels. I wait until the season is over & burn the whole season at once to watch at my leisure.

I do not have Showtime. In order for me to watch Nurse Jackie, I download & burn the whole season at one time onto a dvd. Over the weekend I burned season 3. In a few more weeks I will burn season 4.

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 07/16/12 12:54 PM

Is it still? I thought they said they were going to subscription based model....?

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 07/16/12 02:49 PM

Maybe they are still in the "thinking about it" stage. LOL

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 07/16/12 03:17 PM

I guess so.. seems they have been kicking the idea around for at least two years.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=hulu+to+charge&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 12/18/12 04:42 AM

I was way behind on this one. My coworkers would not stop talking about Breaking Bad. After finally taking my big Japanese test, I jumped in and binged on Breaking Bad. I am ashamed to admit how fast I digest all 5 seasons. I'd have slowed down if I knew I had to wait 6 more months to find out what happens. Good stuff though. I have never seen the show Malcolm in the Middle, but Cranston is some actor.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Breaking Bad = Breaking my heart - 12/18/12 10:00 AM

Quote:
I have never seen the show Malcolm in the Middle, but Cranston is some actor.

I'd recommend trying to see at least one episode of MitM, just so you can really see what a complete contrast Cranston portrays in BB -- pretty impressive acting range ;-)