Carp has a new neighbor!

Posted by: Nana

Carp has a new neighbor! - 06/22/12 10:27 AM

In this Oct. 5, 2011 photo, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison speaks during the Oracle OpenWorld Keynote in San Francisco. Ellison has reached a deal to buy 98 percent of the island of Lanai from its current owner, Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie said Wednesday, June 20, 2012.

FULL STORY

laugh
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Carp has a new neighbor! - 06/22/12 05:38 PM

If you see him around Carp, say hi for us. smile I have been to Hawaii a few times to see my uncle when he lived there. If I had known you then, I'd have looked you up.
Posted by: carp

Re: Carp has a new neighbor! - 06/22/12 05:55 PM

Yep been in the local news for awhile now.

To be honest - no one here gives a shiit, just another fat cat.

Reminds me of the story where Bill Gates used to rib his friend Murdock, that he has more wealth than he does - Murdock come back line (Bill you don't own an island) - now its Larry turn laugh
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Carp has a new neighbor! - 06/22/12 06:00 PM

Why not go all out and buy the other 2%? If you are gonna spend that kinda money whats another 2% at any price

Re: Carp has a new neighbor! - 06/22/12 06:05 PM

That 2% is about the sum of all Lanai beaches.

via State law all beaches are public land, so really no one can own a beach.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Carp has a new neighbor! - 06/23/12 07:55 AM

Here is a weird thought....if someone owns an island could that person set up his own country on that island and become independent of any state. Or does a state always own the property forever and people just think they own the land that sits on property of the state

Re: Carp has a new neighbor! - 06/23/12 01:39 PM

Humm

I guess if your an American Indian, I suppose you could apply for native land rights and then govern your own like an independent state. Other wise you would own the land as a private owner but still have to abide by state laws.