Posted by: Jim_

Re: Hi, - 03/20/12 06:22 AM

Hello Peggy. smirk
Posted by: steveg

Re: Hi, - 03/20/12 06:45 AM

You do not like green eggs and spam? shocked
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Hi, - 03/20/12 06:57 AM

It's sad that we know virtually anyone new to this forum is nothing more than a spam bot!
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Hi, - 03/20/12 11:00 AM

Spam????I love spam...the eating kind...with green eggs, or pineapple, baked, fried, heated in the microwave...sliced, diced,cubed...spam its whats for supper tonight....Treat will do in a pinch
Posted by: MrB

Re: Hi, - 03/20/12 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Reboot
Hello Peggy. smirk

Took me a bit to get this.

Funny.

Dave

Re: Hi, - 03/20/12 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
Originally Posted By: Reboot
Hello Peggy. smirk

Took me a bit to get this.

Funny.

Dave
Thank you veddy much. grin
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Hi, - 03/20/12 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: krysty
Hi, I am new to this forum.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Re: Hi, - 03/20/12 04:02 PM

I love that little pig....but it better watch out....you know they make spam from pork

Re: Hi, - 03/20/12 04:13 PM

I hate Spam. frown

But - - - - -

I love SOS!

In South Jersey it was a delicacy -- creamed chip beef on toast. Yum.

I love the pig commercials and the baby who talks to all kinds of adults and gives advice, etc.

Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Hi, - 03/20/12 09:17 PM

SOS? Do you mean the infamous Sh¡t On a Shingle sammich? Loved 'em!

Re: Hi, - 03/20/12 09:59 PM

LOL!!

Re: Hi, - 03/21/12 01:02 AM

That and hot beef sandwiches are mighty fine eating'

Dave
Posted by: Nana

Re: Hi, - 03/21/12 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By: KateSorensen
I hate Spam. frown

But - - - - -

I love SOS!

In South Jersey it was a delicacy -- creamed chip beef on toast. Yum.

I love the pig commercials and the baby who talks to all kinds of adults and gives advice, etc.

I eat it without the toast. laugh

Re: Hi, - 03/21/12 07:09 AM

I love SOS too, just made it couple of weeks ago. Throw a couple of eggs on the toast and smother with the sauce is to die for. smile I add a little garlic and/or onion powder to mine, or to make gourmet SOS dice up some onions and/or garlic and sauté a little before adding to the gravy.

Re: Hi, - 03/21/12 07:35 AM

Been eating SOS since I was in the Navy...we got a lot of it back then...easy to make..and will stick with you all day

Re: Hi, - 03/21/12 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Pirate
Been eating SOS since I was in the Navy...we got a lot of it back then...easy to make..and will stick with you all day

You ain't lying about that! Grits & corn beef hash are another "stick with you all day" foodies. Reason why I call them "winter breakfast must haves."

Re: Hi, - 03/21/12 08:10 PM

Corn Beef Hash I like...grits not too even if I am from the south...but I never tried them together..so next time I fix hash I'll try it with grits...another food I do not understand is
something I had in PA one time..scrapple...what is it anyway

Re: Hi, - 03/22/12 01:54 AM

My regular restaurant started serving grits. Don't know why. The other day I had them with my regular omelette which is one with , jalapeños, onions, tomatoes, green peppers, cheese( did I mention jalapeños?)

Very good. In fact, awsome. The crn flavor of the grits landed quite well with the heat of the omelette.

Dave

Re: Hi, - 03/22/12 12:56 PM

I always mix my grits with my eggs. Instead of jalapeños, I do the Texas Pete brand "hot sauce." I do not care for grits by itself.

Re: Hi, - 03/22/12 01:05 PM

another food I do not understand is
something I had in PA one time..scrapple...what is it anyway

You don't really want to know. shocked

Had scrapple this morning. Not every place knows how to fix it or they slice it too thick. Can't go wrong if you use Parks "pork" scrapple. Cut thin slices then fry to look like Yummy to da max!

Re: Hi, - 03/22/12 08:12 PM

When on the farm, growing up mom cooked mush every Sunday evening. Same as grits but we called it mush.

We ate it by placing a large amount in the center of our plate then poured whole milk over it. The milk settled around the perimeter leaving the mush as an island. Whwn eating we got a spoonful of mush then daubed it in the warm milk .

I enjoyed it. Not my favorite t the time but was fine. In the morning mom took the gelled left over mush, cut off slices and fried it. We ate that with syrup poured over it. Yummy.

I didn't eat grits/mush freshly boiled for breakfast with butter and salt until I was an adult reveling in the south, where I found my taste for that method.

Still yummy.

Dave
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: Hi, - 03/23/12 03:58 AM

Great food for your heart and blood pressure.

Re: Hi, - 03/23/12 08:32 AM

Good Idea...never cared for mush all that much eather, but as I get older I find that I am eating stuff that I would not have when I was younger

Re: Hi, - 03/23/12 08:49 AM

Good Idea...never cared for mush all that much eather, but as I get older I find that I am eating stuff that I would not have when I was younger

Growing up, every morning for breakfast my father had cottage cheese mixed with prune juice. For some strange reason, now I love the taste of cottage cheese. I eat the prunes separately though. shocked

Re: Hi, - 03/23/12 10:56 AM

I take my "go juice" in the evening meal smirk

Dave
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Hi, - 03/23/12 05:43 PM

What happened to Krysty? I miss her already.

Re: Hi, - 03/25/12 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: lanovami
What happened to Krysty? I miss her already.