Why the Fk we're all still here . . .

Posted by: Lea

Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/23/11 05:22 PM

Y'all fill in the blanks. Really. This can be too much fun and I refuse to go first.

OK. Dare or don't? I'll post Cherry Pie 4Fkn' Ever if this thread doesn't work.

Scared? Damn straight. And y'all should be.

laugh
LL
Posted by: Lea

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/23/11 05:33 PM

I'm still here because I really love ~ and that sounds so lame, but it's true ~ I love most of y'all. Truth is with the severe, heavy handed and way too personally equated moderation that hit us last year? I've seen peeps that I adored gone and peeps that I hated gone, too.

Life is one old mixed box of chocolates, but I do miss collateral damage. Yoyo, et al . . .

It what it is, peeps.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/23/11 05:37 PM

I'm still here just for you, Hon! wink
Posted by: MrB

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/23/11 09:02 PM

I try not to get in a situation were my back is to the wall and I've drawn a line in front of me. I try to let things go. I may rant and rave but I know that's all it is. This community is still one of the best on the net and the folks here are top notch.

I want to thank you all.

Was thinking last night about all the wonderful folks who have helped me my whole life. Many were strangers . Like the several peeps who have jump started my car when I was stranded. I can think of three times in particular.

Same here.

Dave
Posted by: steveg

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/24/11 02:40 AM

I betcha if we stage a traffic accident with *snicker* injuries, we might attract one of 'em back! grin
Posted by: DLC

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/24/11 12:12 PM

Well said Lea.... that's why I'm still here. grin

I's not the place, it's the people.

Best wishes to all for a super 2012 !!
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/26/11 08:14 PM

I'm not sure where the "heavy handed moderation" comment comes from. I've made it a point to keep a VERY hands-off approach to these forums when moderating. There have been only a few threads that I've moved to the appropriate forums, a few users banned (spammers), and little more than that.

I also am still in the dark as to why YoYo left. Someone may have told me, so if you did, I apologize that I forgot. Would be nice to see him and a few other old-timers back here.
Posted by: steveg

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/27/11 03:37 AM

YoYo left largely because he simply deplores acrimony. All the pissing contests and running battles, the name calling, the character assassinations... (Of course I had nothing to do with any of that. Nope. Not me. Heehee).

Don't know if he still lurks occasionally, but if he does, he must see that the the 'Box in particular is pretty sleepy by comparison. Too devoid of controversy or debate, IMHO. A little contention now and then keeps one on their tippy-toes, methinks. We need a little #Occupy AppleCentral! eek
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/27/11 04:30 AM

What's Cherry Pie? Really.
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/27/11 04:42 AM

I am still here (erm, on and off) b/c I want to keep posting until I am on the first page of the User List or Japan sinks, whichever comes first. And because I enjoy the people here. I really don't know how special this place is comparatively, as I only go here and one sumo wrestling forum, but I still think it's special. My spleen venting in "possible meltdown" is the cherry on top. : )
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/27/11 06:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Stumpy1
What's Cherry Pie? Really.

crazy grin
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/27/11 10:06 AM

I'm still here because I don't let go easily - I took something of a step back since summer last year, but that was only partly as a consequence of a certain British legal fella whom I couldn't seem not to get furious with, and mostly because of sudden PTSD stuff I had to sort out, which made me way too jumpy to deal with the presence of said British legal etc.

Um. Anyway, I'm still here because I like you people smile.
Posted by: carp

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/27/11 04:52 PM

Gatta love Carlin.

Learned something new , did not know he could sing and play.
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/27/11 05:32 PM

Hmmm. I can see why it's a threat. grin
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/28/11 01:51 AM

After the move to AppleCentral, I had difficulties registering and logging in.. John helped me out and I was able to login with my old credentials.

I had beautiful memories associated with the people here, we agreed and challenged certain topics, but that didn't change the fact they were beautiful memories.

I don't hang around that often and spend most of my online time between blogs & twitter. But I try to visit at least 3 times a week to see what's going on.
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/28/11 12:42 PM

What? People are still here? When did that happen?
Posted by: DLC

Re: Why the Fk we're all still here . . . - 12/28/11 12:43 PM

That was awesome... I never knew he could play not to mention sing !!

Had nice rhythm too !! grin