Cracked up and feelin' better

Posted by: Lea

Cracked up and feelin' better - 02/02/11 08:26 PM

No explanation necessary ~

5 Complaints About Modern Life (That Are Statistically B.S.)

No. 3 is my fave, but No. 1 is the most dead on. And hey, if you're not on Cracked? You're whacked. smile

Say goodnight, Lea, before the peeps realize you cruise some truly weird stuff. Goodnight, Lea. wink

Posted by: Leslie

Re: Cracked up and feelin' better - 02/02/11 08:38 PM

To tired to read anything right now. Pickleball took all my energy tonight. Ciao bellas.

Re: Cracked up and feelin' better - 02/03/11 06:43 AM

I refuse to google pickleball, Leslie. I have to hear it from you. wink
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Cracked up and feelin' better - 02/03/11 11:44 AM

Pickleball is a game for old farts like me. Here is the wiki definition.

Pickleball is a racquet sport which combines elements of badminton, tennis, and table tennis. The sport is played on a court with the same dimensions as a doubles badminton court. The net is lower than most other racquet sports allowing for faster play. The game is played with a hard paddle and a wiffle ball, making the technique required for pickleball different than other sports.

I play at least twice a week for 2 hours so the old ticker gets a good workout.

It is very popular in the U.S.. I bet you could find a club or two in your area. You should give it try.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Cracked up and feelin' better - 02/03/11 12:43 PM

You could call a variation, "pickled ball," for when the players are a bit intoxicated. wink
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Cracked up and feelin' better - 02/03/11 12:45 PM

#5: Things simply seem more expensive since median income has been essentially static the last 20 years.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Cracked up and feelin' better - 02/03/11 01:35 PM

Speaking of cracked...remember the adult cartoon magazine from the 1960's called Cracked...kinda like
Mad magazine, but not so over the top as Fritz the Cat...
I never got to keep any of my Cracked Magazines because
the teachers all confiscated them....guess they didn't
want to buy their own copy.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Cracked up and feelin' better - 02/03/11 03:47 PM

I believe that's the same... magazine and webby link Lea provided.

Re: Cracked up and feelin' better - 02/03/11 04:15 PM

OK, Leslie, pickleball is totally new to me. I've never even heard of it, let alone knew it was played down here. It does sound like fun ~ I really like badminton and ping pong ~ Oh! Oh! True story!

In HS I was just another chick face in the crowd, not even remotely A List. And fine with it, but anyway, I was practicing my tennis serve, solo, one day and the class Beauty/Favorite/Home Coming Quennie came walking onto the court. Why she didn't see me probably says a lot about self-absorption, but anyway, I didn't see her and WHAM!! Nailed her, right in the head. She dropped like a stone.

Long story, short, she was OK, but, man, I got dirty A List looks for a month. I just let 'em believe I'd done it on purpose. Seriously upped my cred with my crowd, that's for sure.

Sorry. Serious digress down Mem Lane. So, what were we talkin' about?
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Cracked up and feelin' better - 02/03/11 06:01 PM

Cracked magazine was just a Mad imitator. The website is awesome and a must read for me. And so informative. If they would clean the language up (even though the profanity is funny as hell) I would send the articles to more people.
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Cracked up and feelin' better - 02/03/11 06:11 PM

Quote:
One day she will fade from history, and then man will finally know freedom.

laugh