Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Posted by: steveg

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 06:50 PM

Daughter No. 1 was to fly back to Boston early tomorrow AM after spending the holiday with us in Dayton. cry But because of the big snow storm churning up the eastern seaboard, her connecting flight in Baltimore was cancelled shocked , and I can't get her on another flight 'til Wednesday grin . Oh darn, oh darn, Oh YIPPEEEEEEE!!!! laugh

And that's a pretty calm response compared to Daughter No. 2, who's head is now split at the equator with the biggest grin I've ever seen over getting an extra couple of days with her big sis! smile
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 07:10 PM

That's right! Celebrate other people's misery! laugh
Posted by: NCBird

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 07:12 PM

Oh darn is right.... laugh She will be leaving wed and hopefully I will be off my mountain by then. We had a white Christmas here...started Christmas morning...a nice 12 to 15" only had to use the generator twice...
the snow plows won't be here till mon or tues
and even four wheel drive is out till then..can't tell where the creek starts or the road ends. Lol... all in all it is beautiful. Enjoy the extra time with your #1 steve....sweet memories start with the unexpected. laugh

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 07:15 PM

So, you gave up hurricanes to be a mountain woman, right? wink
Posted by: carp

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 07:21 PM

Thats great steve,
Did not know daughter #1, has already flew the coop - she in college now?

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 07:23 PM

*sigh* And in Dayton, it's just another "Wimpter". sleep

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 07:25 PM

only had to use the generator twice...

Whoa, talk to me about that generator laugh

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 07:25 PM

Damn right I will. In fact, I'm gonna crack open my as yet untouched bottle of Crown Royal Cask No. 16 (speaking of that other thread) and toast the storm! grin

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 07:55 PM

Hit that nail...You win a snowman laugh

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 08:27 PM

Our Wimpter wink ...looking down from the deck of the house to the barn...

Posted by: DLC

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 08:29 PM

OH shocked that's terrible Steve !!

what a terrible cats-after-me !! wink

You northerners sure know how to do winter right !

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 08:41 PM

What? It's been terrible here. I've already had to shovel at least 4 or 5 inches this year. Had to use the broom at least three times. It's been awful. smirk

It's just been so unusually cold that anything that has fallen is staying. You can keep your manly Nor'east winters. The older I get the less the change of seasons has any romance to it. grin
Posted by: MrB

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/26/10 11:01 PM

So far in SE KS hardly a whisper of the white stuff. No sleet or ice either. Thank goodness

Dave
Posted by: Lea

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/27/10 06:34 AM

What a wonderful way to trim up the holidays! Gives me a giant case of warm and fuzzies. Hey, I need 'em! It got down into the 30s here last night, and there was actually frost on some of the car hoods this AM! Gawd, the humanity! laugh

Very, verrrrry happy for you and your sweet family, Darlin'.

smile
LL

Edit: Damn, catching some of the national news on LeTube just now? Y'all may get to keep her past Wednesday! OK, gonna go say a prayer ~ "Lord, thank you that I live all the way down here . . ." wink

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/27/10 07:52 AM

We've been keeping and eye on it. So far, word is that Logan will be open by Wednesday. frown
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/27/10 08:18 AM

Meanwhile, down here in Florida it's getting really cold... in the 40's tonight...

LOL!

Seriously though.. freezing temps in Miami area isn't funny.

Plus, the waverunner wouldn't run last weekend... broken vacuum tube or something... no gas being fed to carbs...

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/27/10 08:53 AM

YES! Double vay-kay ekstenshionee... I had a client meeting scheduled for today. But the merchandising manager and marketing director had both gone home for Xmas one to NJ, the other to CT! Thank you, Frosty! Thank you!!! laugh
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/27/10 12:57 PM

lol... BWI got like a half inch of snow, and they cancelled flights?
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/27/10 01:00 PM

My youngest daughter is in Boston now. She spent Christmas with her big sister and is due back on the 30th.

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/27/10 01:33 PM

Well if it makes anyone feel better - its been raining here laugh

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/27/10 03:48 PM

Then if she learned any of the local language while she was there, she will tell you that "The stawhm was wicked pissah." laugh
Posted by: trey

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/27/10 06:24 PM

We had some snow too, 'round these parts:

More on Facebook.

Having come from a place where snow mostly comes in little cups, doused with flavored syrup, and only in the summer, I'm a relative newbie to this type of experience. So I really enjoy getting out in it and goofing around. smile

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/27/10 08:30 PM

Trey

I think you gonna need a LOT MORE syrup laugh try Rainbow it works for me laugh

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/28/10 03:55 AM

Yikes! Not once in the 8 years I lived in NYC did we get dumped on like that. The biggest storm I experienced there was a couple of days before the Millennium when we got just under a foot, and boy-howdy did they scramble to clear Times Sq!
Posted by: trey

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/28/10 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Yikes! Not once in the 8 years I lived in NYC did we get dumped on like that. The biggest storm I experienced there was a couple of days before the Millennium when we got just under a foot, and boy-howdy did they scramble to clear Times Sq!

I heard from a few people that the last time something comparable happened was like 1996 or so. I dunno.

I came into the office today 'cause I was bored as hell, and was surprised to see how shut down everything still is. I nearly walked back up the stairs out of the subway... it took FOREVER to come.

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/28/10 09:17 PM

My neice and her family arrived in NYC on Christmas day, from the Netherlands for a ten-day respite from the snowy madness in Europe and wouldn't you know it, they have one of the biggest storms of the century.

I told her, before her arrival, to be sure and see Strawberry Fields. smile

Her twelve-year-old is hoping he'll bump into Ben Stiller in the Museum of Natural History.

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/28/10 10:17 PM

over here in the desert southwest, we're suffering in the heat. wink

FYI, I took a screenshot of my iPad weather app and ftp'd the picture to my Mac over wifi. From my iPad I launched Photoshop on my Mac, using an iPad app called Screens, which is a VNC client, and opened the screenshot of the weather here in Mesa. After rotating and resizing the image, I saved it out to the Mac's desktop.

I then launched Transmit on the Mac and uploaded the WX image to my ftp server using my iPad, after which I launched Safari and am now creating this post from my bed while using my iPad the entire time. smile
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/29/10 06:18 AM

Exercise!

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/29/10 06:29 AM

"FYI, I took a screenshot of my iPad . . . and am now creating this post from my bed while using my iPad the entire time."

Whoa! That' some serious fn' FM, Dualie. wink Serious seriously, I'm amazed.

We're enjoying a typical winter in Houston.

xxxxxx

Now, y'all don't hate the rest of us just because we're warm, you hear? laugh

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/29/10 06:31 AM

Oh that? I've hired a personal trainer to do my exercises for me. wink

We're supposed to get hammered by thunderstorms while the rest of the Left Coast is expecting lots of snow.

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/29/10 06:33 AM

laugh laugh laugh (<----- The personal trainer, not the thunderstorms. laugh )

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/29/10 06:35 AM

After two rather cool and frosty mornings (low at my house was 36 yesterday and today), we're heading back to seasonal norms by tomorrow - low 50s overnight to low to mid 70s for afternoon highs. cool
Posted by: MrB

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/29/10 06:47 AM

So I SE KS on Thursday it's scheduled to have a high of 68* with low os 48* then on Friday we will have a high of 50* and low of 19*.

Such is Kasas

Dave

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/29/10 07:04 AM

I don't know what FM is, but it sounds cool. My iPad has become my preferred computing tool. It's nice to take a break from the desktop now and then.

It's Eight in the morning and as I look out my window, I can see the heavy clouds rolling in and by tomorrow night Arizona will be under water.

Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon will be smothered in snow.

My daughter, who is supposed to leave Boston tomorrow, could be stuck for a couple more days, as the airlines work their way through their backlog.

I feel sorry for the stranded and those who can't afford to heat their homes.

Keep warm and high and dry.

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... - 12/29/10 08:12 AM

FM ~ Way back, when I was learning my chops at Community College, I got hired as one of the Mac Lab Rats. We took care of the Macs, sorta baby IT interns. Anyway, my boss, mentor and excellent friend, Ms.N, was helping me work through some maintenance and when I couldn't figure it out, and then she took over ~ She wasn't sure either. So she tried something, one of those shots in the dark, and bang! It worked. I asked her, so like what?

Ms.N. just smiled and said, "Lea, that was what I call FM." Whoa! I was totally impressed.

"So what's FM?"

She smiled bigger, "Fn' Magic."

And that was the origin of FM, at least for me. laugh