Kindle rant - Moved from original thread

Posted by: carp

Kindle rant - Moved from original thread - 12/10/10 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB
The price and the size are considerations for me. I love my iPad but the smaller size of the kindle is important for portability for a girl her age. The price also.

Now I have been looking, mainly, at the wifi model, but we live in a rural area so just might spring for the 3G version with free fees.

Dave

LOL

I just posted in another forum to you about this <-- laugh this is when having to many forums does present confusion.

Anyway in that other forum - I mention that I did not know the age of your grand daughter ?

I believe at age 12 they are already into to a peer group structure - keep in mind that my grand daughter is age 14, so I do have some experience laugh

1 - Find out what her friends are using? If Kindles get that one, if iPads get that one.

It is more important that their children feel that they fit in - NOT what their parents feels is the best tech, for reasons of their own.

Just My Opinion .
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Kindle - 12/10/10 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: carp
I just posted in another forum to you about this
Show me the post. I couldn't find it.
Quote:
<-- laugh this is when having to many forums does present confusion.

Drop it. After over 2 years don't you get that it is what it is here?

Dave asked a question about his granddaughter and you had to pee in the thread as usual. I'm separating this from Dave's thread about his granddaughter.

Stop this crap. I thought I made it clear we're tired of dealing with the "this forum needs change" crap. We've heard the suggestions. Is someone feeding you this?

Hear me. Stop.
Posted by: MrB

Re: Kindle - 12/10/10 10:24 PM

This thread was about the suitability of a Kindle for my grand babe, where's the one on the other forum was about gettin an iPad ready for another owner. They did over lap somewhat but original intent was different. I try to put the post in the right forum as it's no big deal to me

Thanks for your response to both

Dave
Posted by: keymaker

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/11/10 11:05 AM

Quote:
this is when having to many forums does present confusion.

Watch out particularly for a streak of arrogance and lack of reason.

km
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/11/10 12:30 PM

That's a pretty good description of about half the members in here...lol.
Including yourself....

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/11/10 12:43 PM

Quote:
a pretty good description of about half the members...

True, true.. but they use only the power of words. wink

km
Posted by: steveg

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/11/10 12:48 PM

And you use the power of what? Gas?

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/11/10 12:54 PM

Words.

km

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/11/10 01:23 PM

That would be verbal flatulence then, in your case.
Posted by: carp

Re: Kindle - 12/11/10 01:31 PM

Oh stop it, oh Great One laugh Don't flatter yourself.

I really did post into another forum and if you cannot find it, then thats not my fault.

Anyway
I am not even fighting about moving this thread - I really don't care.

Dave

My point is NOT about which is better Kindle -vs- iPad.
My point as I said is more about - what your grand daughters friends (peers) are using is more important for kids. That age old do I fit in or do I outcast myself thingy.

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/11/10 01:32 PM

Verbal? No, I meant the written word.

km

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/11/10 06:45 PM

*sigh*

Re: Kindle - 12/12/10 07:31 AM

Quote:
It is more important that their children feel that they fit in -
So that when they come across adversity and peer pressure later in life they don't know how to deal with it? Expecting whatever they want to be handed to them?

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 07:31 AM

Originally Posted By: carp
Oh stop it, oh Great One laugh
I'm glad you finally <-----Get it now.

Oh, BTW. That's strike two. Like I said, take what I said seriously about the forum structure comments. No more. The structure will not change until the people in charge feel it should, if at all. They have heard what has been suggested, over and over and over. Live with it or leave, but never mention it again. One last warning. People are tired of the arguing about it, it's becoming not fun to come here with all of the arguing is the messages I have received.

People are also tired of the pissing matches you insist on injecting into most every thread you post in. Stay on topic. If you have a rant that is not related to the original question start your own thread about it, that's why I moved your response to its own thread. It's not just a friendly suggestion either. I won't have you driving people away from threads any longer with your name calling, arcane comments, and whatever anger it is you need to vent.

Dave simply asked about how the Kindle performs as compared to other products, he wasn't looking for a social commentary or debate on how to raise a child.
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 10:47 AM

What I've gathered from this thread:

Raising a child who farts on his Kindle should buy an iPad to avoid pissing on his grand child's missing threads.

Did I get that right, or am I missing something? The only question is "how did the grand child lose his threads?"

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 11:02 AM

You're a big help. grin

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: MacGizmo
What I've gathered from this thread:

Raising a child who farts on his Kindle should buy an iPad to avoid pissing on his grand child's missing threads.

Did I get that right, or am I missing something? The only question is "how did the grand child lose his threads?"

I have even forgot what original question was.

I have been all over the question of what to do for my grand babe for Xmas. Now I am at getting a new 3G version iPad for myself and giving her my current one.

Still haven't got a question answered on how to restore the settings to give her. Would her synching to her computer do the trick?

Dave
Posted by: Papa

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 12:56 PM

I thought John answered your question when he said to use the restore function in iTunes. This Apple document says the same thing.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 01:17 PM

Quote:
Raising a child who farts
So what's wrong with that? Unless, of course, they do it at the dinner table... In the winter when all the windows are closed... And the dining room table is vewwy vewwy small... And you've run out of matches... or Glade... sick

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 01:22 PM

Thanks. Looks like that is the way. Also looks like that will allow me to copy settings from old iPad to a new one

Dave

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 01:52 PM

No problem. The answer was in there with all the child rearing information and it was a little hard to see.
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 02:05 PM

In any case, flatulence has been proven to be hereditary - in my case it's on my mother's side of the family.

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 02:40 PM

I was not envolved in the flatulence discussion but I am glad to hear that is confined to one side of your family. It makes it easier to choose a seating place at large family gatherings. smile
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 03:14 PM

Quote:
in my case it's on my mother's side

In my case it's on my backside....
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 03:16 PM

Imagine if BOTH side of the family had flatulence issues, AND they had a small house, AND you sat in a room with no windows. Holy stinkbombs Batman!
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 03:18 PM

LOL! My wife made tomato, leek, and potato soup yesterday. I had some for dinner at around 5 PM at work. It caused a nearly continuous fart from 7 - 9 PM last evening. Beans have nothing on this one! blush

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 03:28 PM

Adequate ventilation is a major concern at our family gatherings. Outdoor events are favored.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Kindle rant moved - 12/12/10 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB

Still haven't got a question answered on how to restore the settings to give her. Would her synching to her computer do the trick?

Dude! I even supplied you with a screen shot. frown