Game 1 begins in about 10 minutes.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: World Series - 10/27/10 06:05 PM

They are still playing baseball??

I wish Football had as many games!
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: World Series - 10/27/10 06:10 PM

Sorry, can't talk right now.
The Giants are in the process of kicking butt.
I'll check in to gloat after they win Game 1.
wink
Posted by: carp

Re: World Series - 10/27/10 06:41 PM

They are still playing baseball??

Yeah what of waste of TV Bandwidth and get that girly soccer off too. That way there be more football laugh

Re: World Series - 10/27/10 06:45 PM

Bottom of the 5th.

*cough* *ahem* *cough*

BWAHAHAHA!

*cough* *cough* *cough*

*cough* *cough* *cough*

*cough* *cough* *cough*

*cough* *cough* *cough*

*cough* *cough* *cough*

*cough* *cough* *cough*
Posted by: polymerase

Re: World Series - 10/27/10 06:57 PM

No, Lincecum just reached and now the Giants are kicking major bible class butt.
Posted by: Papa

Re: World Series - 10/27/10 06:58 PM

Barry Bonds must have passed out some of that special clear stuff in the dugout.
Posted by: DLC

Re: World Series - 10/27/10 06:58 PM

Well Game 1 is over !! blush

laugh

Re: World Series - 10/27/10 07:07 PM

It's never over 'til it's over.

That's how The Giants got here!
grin
Posted by: polymerase

Re: World Series - 10/27/10 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: DLC
Well Game 1 is over !! blush

laugh

Never ever over until one team has recorded 27 outs. That is why I love baseball.
Posted by: Ben Dover

Re: World Series - 10/27/10 10:47 PM

Yeah, good game. I just hope the Giants haven't used up their 3 or 4 game quota of runs on that one game. Good to see them hitting on all cylinders for a change, everybody gets to rotate misfires and hits.

They outhit Texas, but I can't get over the number of defensive FUBARness ( not all errors, but a lot of bad defensive play ) by Texas. I especially didn't get that last throw to the plate, way wide and way weak, from the outfield - If that outfielder's arm was that bad, the catcher was pretty stupid to call off the cutoff man and have the ball hop through way way wide of the plate - They might have had a chance if the cutoff man handled it - At least he would have gotten it near the plate.

I didn't get that one runner gunned down at second, either - He had second if he'd known the basics, a hook slide, instead of sliding dead nuts on the baseline, right into the tag.

Lots of bungled balls, messed up fielding. The outfield of both teams have pretty bad arms, which is strange since they're basically athletic. Infields good. Pitching good. The Giants hitters have a bad habit of getting on 'swing for the fences' jags, so if they can get more wood on the ball, they could exploit those bad outfield arms.

Pretty sloppy game, but the offense was fun for a change.

Ed

Re: World Series - 10/28/10 12:07 PM

Quote:
Never ever over until one team has recorded 27 outs. That is why I love baseball.

I know that's true, but the way the Rangers were playing the 5th inning that could have taken a decade !! wink

Pretty bad to start a World Series with one President and when it's over you have a different one !

laugh
Posted by: Lea

Re: World Series - 10/28/10 12:34 PM

Ha! I watched the beginning and the end of the longest major league postseason game* in history. Astros and Braves ~ 18 innings.

We were watching it on LeTube at Little Sister's, and something came up, we had to leave around the 5th ~ I was pissed, needless to say (even though we were losing). Got home late and they were ~ ~ in the 12th!

I watched the rest of it. Talk about slack jawed and glassy eyed. There may have been a couple of hundred fans left in the park by the 16th. Even our guys in the broadcast booth had run outta steam. Lots of dead air time.

So, the camera's panning the "empty" seats, and closes in on an elderly couple. Really sweet, white haired, his arm around her, her head on his shoulder. Jim Deshaies, our announcer, quietly entoned ~ "See that couple? They were both in their early thirties when this game started."

Man, suddenly you could hear 'em LOL outta their chairs up in the booth. And yes, we won that one.

*This wiki page is great, our game is down under "Postseason," go figure.

Re: World Series - 10/29/10 05:30 PM

You will please to notice the incredible restraint I have shown after game 2.

That is all.
grin

Re: World Series - 10/29/10 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Acumowchek
You will please to notice the incredible restraint I have shown after game 2.

That is all.
grin

It is greatly appreciated !!
(you're a true gentleman . . . for now) laugh

and Lea, that was a super game even if we (Braves) lost. Even with the loss, the experience was beyond words. WOW !!
Posted by: Lea

Re: World Series - 10/29/10 06:49 PM

Curtis and David ~ Baseball Rocks. ~ That is All.

Love Y'all ~ 'Nite

Re: World Series - 10/29/10 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Lea

Curtis and David ~ Baseball Rocks. ~ That is All.

Love Y'all ~ 'Nite

especially when you WIN !! whistle
Posted by: EzyriderTX

Re: World Series - 11/01/10 07:23 AM

Well, I think it took all we had to beat the Yankees. In a way, that was our World Series. Like the old saying goes...Good pitching always beats good hitting. And The Giants have an excellent bull pen. Our pitching just ain't gettin' it done. Lee on the mound again tonight. hopefully we'll get another win but man San Fran has some awesome pitchers!

Re: World Series - 11/01/10 07:45 AM

EZ- in the back of their minds the Giants might not mind a Texas victory that much tonight, so that can win the BIG one on their own turf ! wink

whooo boy !! after those great victories over the Yanks, who'd have thunk ?

talk about "backs to the wall !" blush

Re: World Series - 11/01/10 05:22 PM

Halloween Night.
I SWEAR it wasn't me.
But I like it!
wink

And thought I'd share…
laugh

Re: World Series - 11/01/10 06:11 PM

LOL, that's BAD !!

sending it to relatives in the DFW area !! laugh

Re: World Series - 11/01/10 06:57 PM

Yeah, well, just don't tell 'em where I live, OK?

Re: World Series - 11/01/10 07:39 PM

For now and all future reference…
My horn has been honked.

Way to go GIANTS!!!

Re: World Series - 11/01/10 07:49 PM

Yeah, boy, Renteria really was on a tear.

Three hits yesterday, and that three-run homer today, and I forget what else the other games, uh, homer in game two.

Oh, OK, now I see he's got the MVP. Money player.

Ed
Posted by: EzyriderTX

Re: World Series - 11/02/10 08:15 AM

It was fun and I enjoyed every minute of it...except the losing part. We were just out pitched and I hand it to the Giants bull pen! I like Lincecum and I like the weirdness of Brian Wilson. I really admire the Giants. Good team and I am just happy the Rangers handed the Yankees the worst post season beating they've ever had. The whole experience got me back into baseball.

Re: World Series - 11/02/10 10:06 AM

Well, if Barry Zito hadn't been benched for the series and had taken his normal turn in the rotation, you guys would have won two more smile

Zito gets something like $15-16M/year. Lincecum gets $9M.

Really impressed with Buster Posey. That kid should be one of the great catchers in the game. Calls and catches a brilliant game, hits well, advances runners and knocks in runs, homers, accurate rifle arm, fast release. Hope they can hang on to that kid - He makes their pitchers shine.

Ed