"Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos!

Posted by: Nana

"Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 11:20 AM

I live on the 7th floor of a high rise apt bldg. As I was in my bedroom reading the paper I heard a loud "yelp" (as best as I can describe it) followed almost at the same time a loud thud.
Didn't think nothing about it. Approximately 15 minutes later, went into the living room to put paper away when I heard a lot of commotion outside.
Went on the patio & noticed crime scene tape around the front of the apt bldg. Low & behold, I looked to the left & saw a man stretched out below my bedroom window 7 stories down. I went & grabbed my iPod Nano & started taking a video of the scene.
The following are snap shots of the videos I had taken.

Body is missing one shoe, shirt is around his neck & pants half way down. Note, body is splayed out. Not like in the movies or tv with one leg & one arm crocked. Body stayed uncovered for 2 hours.CSI started taking photos of the top of my building (12th floor). So either the man jumped from the roof, the 12th floor patio (which is hard to do) or from a bedroom window (no patios to block his fall).

Torrential thunderstorm began, so they decided to cover body with a white sheet. All the po-po got into their cars, some came into the bldg lobby to wait out the storm.
Body laid in rain storm for 30 minutes & all the while blood (from head wound?) was seeping through sheet. Lawd knows what other evidence was washed away or got soaked.

After the 30 minute rain storm, cops taped & pieced together some garbage bags afterwards throwing it over the white sheet (to hide the blood & body?)
More CSIs came on the scene 5 hours later, pronounced him dead, put body in back of truck, end of show.
The coroner never did show up!

Will be back later when I find out why:
#1 - It took CSI 5 hours to arrive on the scene of a suicide to remove the body? Was the coroner part of the townships budget cuts?

#2 - It took 2 hours to cover the body & only because it started to rain?

#3 - If the body fell from above my apt from a bedroom window, why didn't I see him? My bed is right next to the window!

STAY TUNE..................
Posted by: MrB

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 12:07 PM

Man o man. What a tragedy! When it is right on your doorstep, so to speak, it gets more real.

Glad you got pictures. As a photographer, I am a voyeur at heat and want to know how this transpired.

Dave
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: MrB

As a photographer, I am a voyeur at heat and want to know how this transpired.

Dave

Yeah.. color me morbid, but I would have gotten my 200mm and snapped some shots too.
Posted by: carp

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 02:43 PM

WoW, tragic.

I think if you have CSI units the coroner does not go out to the scenes. Here we don't have CSI so the coroner does go out to every scene. Well that was years ago not sure about now?

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 03:15 PM

The photos are actually larger showing better views of the body. I do not know how to do the "click to enlarge" thing. blush

I had to get the scoop from the witnesses.

The "jumper" was an unemployed man in his 40s who just found out he wasn't entitled to an extension and has cancer. He lived alone.
From the 11th floor he climbed over the patio railing. Reason why I didn't see him "fly by" from my bedroom window. Usually at that time, I am reading the paper on my patio! shocked

Info from management letter placed under my door this PM.
No details will be released. We are all sadden by the "passing" of one of our community members.
In response to tenants complaining about the "body" on display for over 5 hours: Due to budget cuts, township fired its coroner but kept the medical examiner. ME's do not come on crime scenes. In this particular case, there was no need for an ME to be present. shocked
Still does not explain why the body was on display for such a long time. **insert roll eyes**

I counted outside: 1 CSI guy, 3 detectives (you can tell because they were in plain clothes), 10 uniforms & 13 police vehicles not counting the 3 SUVs the detectives & CSI person arrived in. I do not know how many uniforms were inside the building.
I did notice one of the detectives had a yellow legal pad taking notes. I assume the other detectives have photographic memory. crazy

It was pretty interesting watching & filming the whole thing. Now I know what really goes on after a suicide during budget cuts.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 05:06 PM

WoW

The "jumper" was an unemployed man in his 40s who just found out he wasn't entitled to an extension and has cancer. He lived alone.

I blame the GOP for that one, they blocked the last extension. Plus cancer and going at it alone. Has got to hurt big time.

Due to budget cuts, township fired its coroner but kept the medical examiner. ME's do not come on crime scenes. In this particular case, there was no need for an ME to be present.

That is interesting, since we don't know if this guy jumped or was pushed? I would think there should be a investigative procedure, at lease by the police. Dust down his apartment, ask questions from neighbors, yada yada. MAybe that did happen?

I counted outside: 1 CSI guy, 3 detectives

I just did some looking on my own.

Coroner -vs- Medical Examiner (ME) <-- very interesting check it out.

CSI <-- no such thing --> aside from the TV show lore. Simply the CSI is really the ME doing their investigation.

I will say that, Yes, 5 hours is really ridicules long time

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 05:21 PM

Well, I've got cancer and I live alone, but I've got supporting family. Who knows what is gong through his mine but I have an idea

Too bad. He didn't have to do this

Dave

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 05:37 PM

Right David

plus you don't have a 12 story house to jump off. laugh

Apparently this guy had nothing left even a supporting family. Hence the pearl dive into a grassy ocean.

I agree there are better ways in your darkest hours - Suicide is not on my list either.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 05:46 PM

I just checked info for "Coroner -vs- Medical Examiner." Well what do you know!!! They are one & the same. My township must have had 2.

As for CSI, the one guy had this on the front of his flap in bold white print:
Crime
Scene
Investigator

On the back of flap in bold white print:
POLICE

My township is smaller than Las Vegas so it only has one Grisham instead of the whole team.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 05:50 PM

Quote:
That is interesting, since we don't know if this guy jumped or was pushed?

CONFIRMED suicide/jumper. He landed directly on his back. He meant to die. Left a note. He lived alone. I've never seen him before. Unknown if he had any family living elsewhere. If he had any living nearby, they sure were not on the scene!

EDIT: Just found out it took a few hours to find out which apt he lived in. Windows here are all screened. Apparently quite a few tenants had removed their bedroom screens, so the po-po had to go to each floor that had missing bedroom screens. Reason why I didn't get a visit, as my screens are nailed into the sill. Got tired of loosing them during severe wind/rain storms.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 06:16 PM

CSI - Thats the thing I mentioned there is no really such thing look it up - CSI = Is the ME, which kinda makes sense. Plus think about it as ACRONYMS go, CSI makes more sense than Hey its (ME) LOL- printed on your back.

Anyway when I googled CSI, all I ended up with is the TV shows. Wiki only showed the Coroner -vs- Medical Examiner. Hence no such thing as CSI so to speak - aside from the fact that the ME does the Crime Scene Investigation. So really the TV show, they are all are ME's

Which begs the question I seen a wanted ad here for CSI students <-- wtf? like I could take a 8 week course or something.

Keep yer screens nail in, ya don't want people jumping in.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 07:37 PM

Maybe it's just because I've had less than 8 hours sleep the last two nights, not much of it solid either, hard to crash soundly when you hit the hay at 5 AM and know you have to get up by 9. Being up battling damn Windows machines makes it even worse, doing a lot more of those boxes but that's another thread, coming out of the closet, heh, but...

...Jesus Christ carp, she said they had CSI, in big bold type she said it, on the front flap. You'll argue your own death won't you. laugh

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:10 PM

Do some research will ya - You to funny

There is no such thing as CSI - don't make yourself look stupid.

Just because they have these ANACHRONISM'S - Sure in H3ll does NOT mean it is correct in any shape form or fashion.

This CSI is really the ME department, conducting Crime Scene Investigation <-- there is no CSI , it is really the ME. You can argue that when the ME leaves their office to go to a scene you then can call it it CSI <-- sorta silly if you ask me.

What do I call myself when I leave my office? ? - Construction Scene Investigation? laugh
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:13 PM

Uh, Steve, I'm afraid you are wrong. While it may not be CSI, we do have CSU. Which, technically, would make a person working in that section an investigator..thereby a CSI.

It is part of our Metro Police Department, NOT the ME.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:15 PM

oh, a link for you to see that wasn't provided by Google:

http://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroPolice/Units+and+Sections/
Posted by: polymerase

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:16 PM

You don't get it. Carp did a search. He found the anachronism ;-O of CSI connected only with the TV show. So it's made up. <get it now!

Don't be stupid next time. The only reality is what carp googles.
Posted by: trey

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:22 PM

Carp, let's just be glad you're not a CSI. Because, well... you know.

wink

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:28 PM

Coroner
For the thrash metal band, see Coroner (band).
A coroner or forensics examiner is an official chiefly responsible for investigating deaths, particularly some of those happening under unusual circumstances, and determining the cause of death. Depending on the jurisdiction, the coroner may adjudge the cause him/herself, or act as the presiding officer of a special court (a "coroner's jury"). The office originated in medieval England[1][2] and has been adapted in many countries which have at some time been under the influence of England or the United Kingdom. The additional roles concerning other judicial investigations and the legal and medical qualifications (if any) of the coroner vary significantly between jurisdictions and are described under the entry for each jurisdiction. Some jurisdictions, particularly those with a legal system not originating in the English system, have a medical examiner rather than a coroner.

Medical examiner
A medical examiner is a medically qualified government officer whose duty is to investigate deaths and injuries that occur under unusual or suspicious circumstances, to perform post-mortem examinations, and in some jurisdictions to initiate inquests.

In some jurisdictions with English origins or history, a coroner performs these and other duties.

Qualifications

A medical examiner is usually required to have a medical degree and a law degree, often with additional education in forensic pathology; this is the primary difference between an ME and coroner, as a coroner is usually not a physician, nor trained in medicine or forensic pathology.[1] A medical examiner is typically an appointed officer.

Crime Scene Investigation - LOL

Really you can place any kind of discombobulations you can think of - it is still a ME responsibility.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: trey
Carp, let's just be glad you're not a CSI. Because, well... you know.
wink

You are so wrong since all I get is

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:31 PM

You are so wrong - LOL

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: carp

Really you can place any kind of discombobulations you can think of - it is still a ME responsibility.

I just swallowed my gum. If you don't hear from me call CSI, no wait, the ME,, no, call my mommy! Or maybe my uncle. I cry uncle.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: polymerase

I just swallowed my gum. If you don't hear from me call CSI, no wait, the ME,, no, call my mommy! Or maybe my uncle. I cry uncle.

No
I would call your wife to kick you in the ARES - humm maybe giving the kids a try would work too laugh

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:41 PM

Let me Google that for you.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:45 PM

Thanks those links proves my point even more.

Big Guy laugh

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 08:55 PM

6 out of the first 9 are about real life CSI and police departments. You had 5 minutes to check them all out? I'm done here. There's no reasoning with you.

Whale food.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 09:23 PM

Your stupid food
In 2 minutes

I love it when people argue against' the dictionary and WikiPedia.

Show me something that a ME is NOT involved.

This

CSI - CMDU, or whatever means NOTHING. H3ll if there was one here would be called HCSI. LOL

Means just Medical Examiners on site, cool to have a sporty anchorman - Like CIS

Sorta get it now laugh

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/17/10 09:56 PM

So you are saying that a CSI I a medical examiner, like Quincy was back In the late 70's
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy,_M.E.

And that few if any real life agencies were called "CSI" until after the tv series appeared?

This is mentioned somewhat at the end of the Wiki explanation in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSI:_Crime_Scene_Investigation

Dave
Posted by: musicalmarv7

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 04:40 AM

Where do you live anyway? this is just like in the movies but this time it is real.Good pictures also.This is something to remember always.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 05:28 AM

Hey guys.. look. You can get a degree in something that doesn't exist.

http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/becomeone.html

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 05:40 AM

Steve,

DId you NOT see my post up on page 2? You are still arguing against it even though everyone else is saying different?

I like you Steve, but this is getting real thick headed.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 05:58 AM

It's all good.. Carp just has an extremely hard time backing down and admitting when he is misinformed.
Posted by: zwei

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 04:48 PM

I'm sure that's everyday stuff to the examiners, but to the rest of us that's one hell of a shock. Crazy how fast things can turn surreal. Thanks for sharing.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
It's all good.. Carp just has an extremely hard time backing down and admitting when he is misinformed.

Not misinformed.

CSI is a (task) not a unit. Does anyone ever get that? ?

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 05:55 PM

Everyone but you.
Posted by: Papa

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 06:11 PM

Are you saying that a person who does a crime scene investigation cannot be called a crime scene investigator?

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Papa

Are you saying that a person who does a crime scene investigation cannot be called a crime scene investigator?

Certainly not. Just CSI is a task - FBI for example is a unit.

Simply a detective or even carp can do a crime scene investigation. Only since the TV show there been a distinction of CSI - vs- ME and therefore a move to a separate specialty group of people who would perform a single task, like just gather evidence.

The CSI TV show - in real life they do not break down doors they do not shoot people and certainly do not arrest people.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 06:52 PM

Steve, did you not click on the link in my post? I'm assuming you didn't because you are still arguing about it.

So I took a screenshot:

Click for full size

Perhaps not in Hawaii, but in Kentucky, CSI people are in fact sworn officers.

Quote:
Simply a detective or even carp can do a crime scene investigation

And I don't know if you knew or not, but detectives can in fact break down doors, shoot people and arrest them. So, you are contradicting yourself in your own post.
Posted by: Papa

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 06:54 PM

I will leave you alone now. You can work on the chicken versus egg problem without any further disturbance from me.

http://www.icsia.org/faq.html

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 07:30 PM

A person that builds is a builder.

A person that pitches is a pitcher.

A person that works is a worker.

A person that audits is an auditor.

A person that investigates crime scenes is a Crime Scene Investigator. <-------- Get it.?

Quote:
The CSI TV show - in real life they do not break down doors they do not shoot people and certainly do not arrest people.
What does that have to do with your argument about the meaning of CSI?

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 07:30 PM

John read your own link - Thanks

Crime Scene Unit --- is not a CSI TV Unit - ghosh darn it. They call it CSU

Crime Scene Investigation is a (TASK) can be done by ANYONE. = CSU, FBI, ATF anyone Dog, Carp, you, anyone.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 07:34 PM

Carp, I have to thank you for a very pleasant Saturday. It has been really fun. [smile ]

Posted by: yoyo52

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 07:35 PM

I thought that the FBI was a bureau or branch of the Department of Justice. I'm sure that the FBI has a unit that does crime scene investigations--whatever they call it.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
I thought that the FBI was a bureau or branch of the Department of Justice. I'm sure that the FBI has a unit that does crime scene investigations--whatever they call it.

What don't you know is they call it . CSI - LOL, you know the task of investigation a crime scene.

Lets take another task JIA = Janitor in Action.

CSI - TV shows are one thing lets not take that to real life. I mean do we need to have investigators wear Jackets that have print, CSI to remind themselves thats what they are there for to do a task ?

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/18/10 08:23 PM

I mean do we need to have investigators wear Jackets that have print, CSI to remind themselves thats what they are there for to do a task ?

Oh.. ok.. so that must be why the DEA and the FBI wear jackets with their name on them.. so they can say.. "Hey Fred... look on my back and tell me what I'm doing here... thanks".

CSU is the unit. And the people that make up that unit are CSI.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/19/10 05:47 AM

Thanks NG4, that's what I was going to post, but you said it best.

Steve, a person can't be a "unit", but they can be an investigator.

Quote:
I mean do we need to have investigators wear Jackets that have print, CSI to remind themselves thats what they are there for to do a task ?

So I guess you never have seen police in real life.

They don't wear a jacket with Detective/FBI/ATF/CSI/etc for themselves. They wear it so that the public knows and other officers who approach a scene.

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/19/10 05:50 AM

Crime Scene Investigation is a (TASK) can be done by ANYONE. = CSU, FBI, ATF anyone Dog, Carp, you, anyone.

Uh..WRONG. A Crime Scene Investigator has to be a sworn officer who is trained in investigation techniques.

A patrol officer is NOT a crime scene investigator. And if they aren't, that means you, me and the dog can't do it.
Posted by: Jashue

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/19/10 08:47 AM

Keymaker, is that you?

Re: "Jumper" at my building. *WARNING* photos! - 09/19/10 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: jerryfox3
Where do you live anyway? this is just like in the movies but this time it is real.Good pictures also.This is something to remember always.

South Joisey