Gee..

Posted by: NotTheOnly1

Gee.. - 04/19/02 11:46 AM

Wouldn't this be a nice play to have discussions about all things Mac and unMac alike. Dear MacMinute Forum Admin, is this a strict offtopic forum, or may I and my many Macusing friends post topics on any matter concerning Macs and unrelated topics alike?<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Gee.. - 04/19/02 12:09 PM

Hey NTO1!!<br><br>I'm anxious to see an answer. Fingers crossed.<br><br>

Re: Gee.. - 04/19/02 12:15 PM

Hey Missy!! Welcome aboard!! I'm having trouble getting my Groucho to show. Let me see if John Lennon works. Be right back!<br><br>
Posted by: six_of_one

No fair ... - 04/19/02 12:27 PM

... hogging the joint all to yourselves =)<br><br>***matt<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Gee.. - 04/19/02 12:27 PM

hey, hey, hey...i've been a member here since the early days. i'd love to shift our focus to this board. i've been using macminute as my source for mac-related news over maccentral anyway, so this is a natural move for me. in fact, i almost suggested moving over here to others (like you did) but decided it would probably be deleted so didn't bother.<br><br>thanks for doing this.<br><br>p.s. if you want a cool stylesheet (the way the forum looks), i actually submitted one of the styles listed in your preferences (okay, not that cool, but i was still able to do it). i have been meaning to update it to fix a few things, but never got around to it. perhaps i'll focus on that now. ;-)<br><br> -sean (lancaster)<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue> <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sean on 04/19/02 04:22 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

I was wondering if that was you Sean! - 04/19/02 12:31 PM

Hey- I got my Groucho to work! Extensions here can't be over three letters apparantly!<br><br>
Posted by: garyW

hello. - 04/19/02 12:36 PM

there's something familiar about this place...<br><br>

Re: hello. - 04/19/02 12:37 PM

It's the aroma of fresh cut sarcasm. <br><br>Judging by some of the other posts in here, I'd say it's pretty safe to discuss anything - within reason, of course. I don't want to see this place turned into a circus of threads for thread's sake. If it goes that way, I'm outta here. Hope all are cool with that.<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Mississauga on 04/19/02 03:40 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: I was wondering if that was you Sean! - 04/19/02 12:37 PM

there will be a few differences, but the webmaster is pretty easy to work with if you want something changed...in fact, the creator of this site is stan -- the guy who started maccentral. i posted here when it first opened and then gradually lost interest as more and more people left. i think most of the "regulars" here were displaced MacNN members (i think). perhaps they ventured back to that forum? kate was actually the person who got me going here and even she left. hard to have discussion when nobody replies. <br><br>the people make the forum so the place doesn't matter to me. get bukk, shooshie, ronclark, droogie and a few others and this place will begin to flourish. would be nice to have one techie-type, too. ;-)<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: I was wondering if that was you Sean! - 04/19/02 12:43 PM

wow... now I'm excited about the MM cafe again... it's nice to login and see 9 replies to one post... wooohooo! Great way to start a weekend... <br><br>Looking forward to meeting all of the new folks...<br><br>

Re: hello. - 04/19/02 12:45 PM

one thing i did not do on the MC site was get into the title hoopla. i never congratulated anyone for reaching a certain level and i also never pointed out when i reached a new milestone. i never got into the post padding either. have to say, i just ignored it when others did it and that was fine by me. i am mature enough to police myself. <br><br>i would have welcomed the dropping of titles and posting counts and shifted to a 'member since...' format. seems that would have removed the post padding very simply. oh well, what's done is done and here we are. hooray. ;-)<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

titles and counts - 04/19/02 12:49 PM

I think we can dispense with all that fluff in here. I need a nice "quiet" place to visit and "chew the fat". Looks like the place has/had a lot of members - I'll be anxious to "meet" a few.<br><br>Nice to see you here, Sean.<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: I was wondering if that was you Sean! - 04/19/02 12:51 PM

Hiya Senior Member! Are you a visitor or do you work here? Just curious, because I'd like to hear an official invite from this site to the Displaced And Displeased MacCentral User Group.<br><br>We, the suckerpunched and offended, believe a forum should have a mix of ontopic Mac thoughts, questions, and answers as well as offtopic political, religious, insidious, fastidious, promiscuous banter!<br><br>When these two ingredients are mixed, a Mac Forum will gain THOUSANDS of posts. MacCentral doesn't want this. Perhaps MacMinute would prefer the exposure.<br><br>Thanks for welcoming us senior member. There will be more if we're welcomed here. Let my people come!<br><br>(Okay, I've gone to far..)<br><br>:-)<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Gee.. - 04/19/02 12:51 PM

Hey guys-- Welcome to the Cafe. We have a very lax setting here as these forums are provided for your use; you're free to discuss what you please. But please keep away from obscene or offensive posts.<br><br>

Excellent! - 04/19/02 12:56 PM

Sounds groovy to me ... I may have to stay a bit!<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Gee.. - 04/19/02 12:56 PM

Wow this ia unusal there are members with the same handles <br>at some other forum <br><br>

Thank you Misha! - 04/19/02 12:59 PM

No, we're not looking for a place to expose our private parts. We just want a place where freedom of expression still exists, which SIMPLY means ONE FORUM where topics about Macs and NOT about Macs will welcome us.<br><br>THANK YOU, thank you, THANK YOU!<br><br>NTO1<br><br>

Now, now ... - 04/19/02 01:00 PM

Watch yourself there ... some might get the impression that you're upset about something ;-)<br><br>***matt<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Gee.. - 04/19/02 01:04 PM

Same handles and same manners. Could you all check your shoes and maybe wipe them off before you come in?<br>That is not me!<br><br>

Thanks for the welcome, Misha! - 04/19/02 01:04 PM

I'll do my best to behave.<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Gee.. - 04/19/02 01:11 PM

Thanks Misha <br>No obsecene posts from me or cause any trouble<br>I will behave<br>Really I will<br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Gee.. - 04/19/02 01:17 PM

I am here.<br><br>Trying to get the font thing fixed. Looks Aradic.<br><br>
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: Gee.. - 04/19/02 01:19 PM

Hi NotTheOnly1 - welcome to the Café!!<br><br>Misha already answered your question I think, but I did want to reiterate our stance on that issue.<br><br>This forum belongs to the Members and we try to stay out of your way as much as possible. The only time we would ever move or alter any message would be in the event of something really profane or offensive being posted.<br><br>And so welcome to MacMinute! I hope you enjoy your stay here.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan

Yeeesss! - 04/19/02 01:35 PM

But where's Shooshie?<br><br>

Re: Yeeesss! - 04/19/02 02:01 PM

Not sure but he and Bukk is not happy at MC. I am getting a good feel here so far and would love to see the others here as well.<br><br>

Re: Yeeesss! - 04/19/02 02:04 PM

Guess what I just found--something that Shooshie always wanted.<br><br>A current thread or recent new post in a thread zaps the thread to the top.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Hi everyone!! - 04/19/02 02:36 PM

Gosh this feels so strange. I can't believe it has come to this. What a damn shame.<br><br>I'm so happy to see all the "good " people here. Let those @ssholes have their jollies over at MC. Who needs that nonsense.<br><br>

Thanks. - 04/19/02 02:39 PM

for that nice welcome. I'll be good. Honest. <br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Hi everyone!! - 04/19/02 02:40 PM

Welcome aboard everyone. I have been here since the beginning too..though I slacked off and haven't posted in a long time. Time to get back to action :D<br><br>

Like fallin' down a rabbit hole! - 04/19/02 02:45 PM

And it feels good, too. <br><br>[color:blue]A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. – W. Wonka</font color=blue>

Heeeyyyyyy! - 04/19/02 02:48 PM

I was just going to PM you over at that other place!! COOOOOLLLLLELLLIIIOTTTNNNESSSS! Man was I ever BULLSH1T when I saw your post deleted and reposted where you didn't want it.<br><br>YOU are the victim that gave me THIS idea. <br><br>Live long and prosper LeaHilty, and please PLEASE please PLEASE post a Mac question and we can all watch it sit there- unmolested- crunching on popcorn and munching on Junior Mints.<br><br>PEEAAACCCEEE!<br><br>

Re: Thanks for the welcome, Misha! - 04/19/02 02:55 PM

Sounds like you'll have to keep your pants on, Alec.<br><br>________________<br>[color:purple]"Two heads are more numerous than one." Tom Weller</font color=purple>

Hi Lea - 04/19/02 02:57 PM

I'm glad to see you here. Strange eh? Well if MC wants things as crazy as is happening over there, more power to them. The sad part is Jim doesn't have a clue what he has done. He'll be finding out soon enough.<br><br>
Posted by: Krasni

ˇHola! - 04/19/02 02:57 PM

Krasni has arrived too. Hi!<br><br>

LOL! I'd love to be the first! - 04/19/02 03:09 PM

Yeah, I was just speechless at that post being moved. That pretty much did it for me. JD isn't going to put things back, and the voices in the Lounge that keep protesting – well, I'm pretty sure they're beating a dead horse.<br><br>OK! Here goes! Mac post comin' at cha!<br><br>[color:blue]A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. – W. Wonka</font color=blue>

Too bad - 04/19/02 03:12 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Sounds like you'll have to keep your pants on, Alec.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Bummer<br><br>

Don't worry! There's plenty of litter for all!! - 04/19/02 03:13 PM

Where's JonnyCat??<br><br>

ˇHola! back at ya! Great to see familiar faces! ř - 04/19/02 03:16 PM

///<br><br>[color:blue]A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. – W. Wonka</font color=blue>

Re: Don't worry! There's plenty of litter for all - 04/19/02 03:26 PM

Yep go get JonnyCat and Pica, nutty, mactico and we are off to a good start.<br><br>Shooshie would be a major plus.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Don't worry! There's plenty of litter for all - 04/19/02 03:43 PM

Ok..perhaps some of you all new people from MC can fill us old timers here in on what happened?<br><br>

The "Lost Weekend" - 04/19/02 04:15 PM

Bunch of us had a laughfest over the Easter long weekend on the "General Discussions" forum at MacCentral. Although it was an amazing time for many of us, a small group decided to complain that the GD forum was becoming a free-for-all, and Off Topic threads were "rampant". In the end, admin set up a "Lounge" forum, which segregated many of us from the main forum. The end result was the need to constantly switch back and forth between "Mac ONLY" forum and "No Mac Allowed here!" forum. Kind of annoying. So NTO1 spearheaded the campaign to have some of us "drop in on another neighbour".<br><br>That's the short of it! Hope all goes well here.<br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>
Posted by: SlapLeather

Re:Psssst...c'mere... - 04/19/02 04:36 PM

wanna score some lizard? gotta a whole bunch i need ta move!<br><br><br>head for that line of trees<br>

Re: Don't worry! There's plenty of litter for all - 04/19/02 04:50 PM

It has been decided over at MC that having fun and discussing macs at the same time is a no-no. It's unfortunate that this situation came about as the result of a few complainers. Very, very vocal whiners I may add.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Thanks for the welcome, Misha! - 04/19/02 04:52 PM

Yes Alec... no pulling your pants down at MM... that kind of Tom-Foolery destroyed MC... LOL!<br><br>semicolon dash parenthesis

Re: Yeeesss! - 04/19/02 04:54 PM

Hey Carp is here too... dang, if we all stay here, MC will be a desert in no time.<br><br>semicolon dash parenthesis
Posted by: Shooshie

Re: Like fallin' down a rabbit hole! - 04/19/02 08:27 PM

Well, I don't know HOW it feels yet. Seems familiar with all you guys here. I'm just testing the waters. Still posting over at MacC... I mean, the other place. Still hoping for favorable resolutions. Thought my first post here ought to be to Lea, since it was her post getting moved that really "broke the camel's back." <br><br>How many here know that Stan Flak used to be proprietor of the forums that are now MacCentral? Old history, but... I think that's right, isn't it, Stan?<br><br><br>Shooshie<br><br><br>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-<br><br>Shooshie's Stuff

Re: Like fallin' down a rabbit hole! - 04/19/02 08:30 PM

whahoo. welcome aboard shooshie. i was hoping you'd make the venture over to these parts. now, if we could just get some people who disagree with us, the conflict that makes for good discussion would be set. ;-)<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: Like fallin' down a rabbit hole! - 04/19/02 08:33 PM

Hi there Shooshie. I wondered when you would come over for a look. Nice to see you here even if it is just to check things out.<br><br>I just read here about Stan. No wonder we all had such a nice welcome.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: steveg

!Yo Krasni! - 04/19/02 08:34 PM

How are you today? Things settling down in Milan after the accident? Sent a shiver down my spine and gave me an instant flashback to 9/11 (I stood on my corner that day and watch the WTC burn.)<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Like fallin' down a rabbit hole! - 04/19/02 08:36 PM

Glad you could make it Shoosh. Purty nice in here. <br><br>
Posted by: MachOne

Hello chaps 'n chapettes - 04/19/02 08:55 PM

Hi there to Stan & Misha. Promise not to do naughty posts and looking forward to some good times in the Cafe.<br><br>And "Gidday" to all youze MC refugees. <br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by MachOne on 04/19/02 11:57 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: The "Lost Weekend" - 04/19/02 09:47 PM

I think we have just doubled the popularity of the MM forums... LOL! Every name on the first page is someone from the MC forums, except for OSXaddict.<br><br>semicolon dash parenthesis