update on my health

Posted by: MrB

update on my health - 03/28/10 09:16 AM

A couple weeks ago I had a CT scan that showed one spot on my liver that had increase in size. Visited a surgeon on Thursday. He showed the CT scan on a computer so got to see what they saw. Big mass on the liver about the size of a ping pong ball.

Next Tuesday, April 6, I will have surgery to remove that thing. The Doc said that if I had the surgery that I would live a bit longer. So figure that is the thing to do. It will be done at Saint Francis Hospital in Wichita.

dave
Posted by: Celandine

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 09:49 AM


frown thank heavens for medical imagery

I'm seeing a doctor for the first time
in over 20 years.. I can't WAIT to see
what he finds. frown
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 09:56 AM

Good luck with the surgery, MrB. We're all pulling for you.
Posted by: Leslie

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 10:11 AM

Good luck Dave.
Posted by: carp

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 11:23 AM

Best wishes Dave .
Posted by: steveg

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 12:52 PM

You're doing the right thing, and I'm hoping for a positive result for you.
Posted by: Lea

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 01:01 PM


MrB, you are in our hearts and prayers. You hang tough and let us know how it's going, when you can. And don't be chasing any nurses, that's hard on the stitches.


LL



Posted by: DLC

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 01:08 PM

Best of Luck Big Dave! . . glad it's relatively small.
And the liver is a pretty resilient organ. smile

Thank God you have good coverage... and good Drs.
You'll be in my prayers...
Posted by: Mike

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 04:38 PM

I hope everything goes ok with the surgery!
Posted by: iRock

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 06:14 PM

Good luck Dave! I'm praying for you.
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 06:39 PM

Good luck with your surgery, Dave. I'm sorry you've got that growth.

Posted by: starmillway

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 08:42 PM


Bless you Dave and God give you strength and comfort.


.
Posted by: Clark

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 08:54 PM

.
I certainly hope it goes well for you.
.
Posted by: ChrisN

Re: update on my health - 03/28/10 11:42 PM

Best wishes for you Dave. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Chris
Posted by: MicMeister

Re: update on my health - 03/29/10 01:10 AM

I hope all goes well, MrB, and you'll be back in shape in no time.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: update on my health - 03/29/10 03:09 AM

Good luck with the surgery Dave and a speedy recovery!
Posted by: pops

Re: update on my health - 03/29/10 05:26 AM

Good luck, Dave! You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: update on my health - 03/29/10 05:28 AM

Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery.
Posted by: Pirate

Re: update on my health - 03/29/10 05:41 AM

Hope everything turns out OK for you
Posted by: Jim_

Re: update on my health - 03/29/10 06:39 AM

Best of luck Dave, you're in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: update on my health - 03/29/10 07:21 AM

Best of luck MrB!

Is it causing any pain? I'm just getting over some trouble with my liver being inflamed, it was very painful. Initially I thought it was gallstones. At least they gave me some good stuff to ease the pain smile
Posted by: cope

Re: update on my health - 03/29/10 11:38 AM

I hope the surgery goes quickly and well. The waiting is the hardest part.

Posted by: lesh

Re: update on my health - 03/29/10 06:55 PM

Yikes! I'll certainly be thinking all the most positive thoughts I can for you Dave, hope all goes well with the surgery. Will some family members be available to be with you for the before, during and after parts?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: update on my health - 03/29/10 07:43 PM

Yup, I reckon the surgery is definitely the thing to do if it will prolong your life, Dave. Way back when I was smoking cigarettes, I was outside work having a smoke when my boss, the president of the company who had survived a major heart attack, pulled up in his SUV, got out of it, looked at me smoking, and calmly said to me, "The idea is to prolong life, not shorten it." His words helped me quit smoking.

The idea is to prolong life, not shorten it.

Keep us informed, please, Dave. We're all hoping you can prolong your life, because we all love you.
Posted by: MrB

Re: update on my health - 03/30/10 12:48 PM

no pain yet. Doc said that the stay in the hospitla was about pain. ouch


dave
Posted by: MrB

Re: update on my health - 03/30/10 12:51 PM

yep have to make the choices. The doc said that with surgery I would have 40% chance of living 5 years.

dave
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: update on my health - 03/30/10 01:48 PM

40% chance of living 5 years? what does 60% chance give you?

Dave, I'm sorry that you are having to go through this. I'm sure it's tough times and not exactly making you happy! If there's anything I can do for you, let me know.
Posted by: DLC

Re: update on my health - 03/30/10 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
40% chance of living 5 years? what does 60% chance give you?

Dave, I'm sorry that you are having to go through this. I'm sure it's tough times and not exactly making you happy! If there's anything I can do for you, let me know.


I hope it's a 60% chance he lives 20 years ! wink

think POSITIVE, Dave !

best luck to ya man !
Dave #2 (he , he grin)
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: update on my health - 03/30/10 06:19 PM

Five years is a long time, Dave. Worth the temporary pain, I reckon! Better yet would be a cure for cancer, and those five years buy some time for medical progress. Yup, it's worth it to give it a chance.
Posted by: MrB

Re: update on my health - 03/30/10 06:52 PM

oh yeah. But only 40% chance of making it there. But will take each treatment as it comes. Oncologist said to day that after surgery I will have to have more Chemo. Oh boy

dave
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: update on my health - 03/30/10 07:36 PM

Good grief, Dave. One day at a time.
Posted by: macdavid

Re: update on my health - 03/30/10 07:37 PM

Best wishes during all this. Stay calm and focused on things that are beautiful. It helps.
- David