Surpise niceness from MS

Posted by: yoyo52

Surpise niceness from MS - 04/05/02 08:03 PM

I am so surprised at what MS just did for me that I still don't believe it. It started on a bad note since I had a problem mounting the Office for X upgrade CD. It just wouldn't mount at all on the computers running X, and only partially so on computers running 9. That is odd because I'd used the CD to install Office a couple of months ago, and I just wanted to see what else the disk had on it.<br><br>Anyway, I put a message on the MS support site explaining the problem. The next day I got a nice note from an MS guy saying that it was a CD problem and that if I called an 800 number, I could get a replacement CD for free (and without an "incident report" being logged to my account).<br><br>So I called the 800 number and spoke to a nice woman who asked only for the ID number on the CD itself (it's around the central hole of the Cd, something I'd never noticed before. She told me a new CD would ship the next day. Today I got the CD (that's only 4 days after I posted the note on the MS web page).<br><br>What's even more surprising, given what we all know about MS, is that I also got a new product key, so that if I were tempted to cheat, I could do so more or les with MS's blessings.<br><br>Now is that remarkable or what???<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear