Somebody save me!

Posted by: MacBozo

Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 02:34 PM

My dear wife has announced that "we" are going to try a six week vegetarian diet starting at the end of April. Anyone accepting boarders? cry
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 03:04 PM

If you go vegetarian you will lose weight. The lack of so much animal fat may help other things depending on your natural tendencies to retain the vein blockers or not, but you'd better carb up or carry rocks in your pockets or the next storm you may be like a leaf in the wind. They'll be chasing you and that hat down the street. laugh

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 03:06 PM

Yeah! Like I can afford to lose weight! I have to eat just to keep what little I have. laugh

She's actually doing it to try to lose weight, but woe be to me to mention that maybe she should just stop the continuous snacking.

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 03:20 PM

Dead man walking if you mention it.

Let me know, I want to take out a term policy on you if you say anything.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 04:07 PM

Tell her if she wants to snack... eat only Tofu !!

she'll give up that vegetarian diet, el pronto !! wink
Posted by: Lea

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 04:16 PM

Maybe you could suggest adopting a really big dog? The kind that needs to walk a couple of miles a day? wink I'm only halfass joking, if it weren't for our pup(s), I couldn't enjoy Fritos, Ben & Jerry, cream gravy on fries . . . the list is long. It would be cruel to go on. laugh

Michael, with any luck, she'll get as sick of it as you already are and you'll both figure out a better alternative. We're here for you. smile

Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 05:04 PM

I would start a six-week trial of providing food for myself, if I were you. She hasn't had any head-trauma lately, has she? :-/

Good luck, Michael.

P.S.: Maybe if you stopped calling her "Lardo?" ;-)

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Stumpy1

If I did that, which I wouldn't, I'd be dead - immediately. laugh

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 05:14 PM

Hahahah!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 05:32 PM

I used to be a vegetarian, but it was a lot of work and planning to get enough protein into my diet. Without enough protein, you lose muscle mass. Muscles burn calories, so you don't want to lose muscle mass. Try telling her that. wink
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Reboot
If you go vegetarian you will lose weight.

Not necessarily. Nacho cheese Doritos® are vegetarian. And William Shatner is a vegetarian. Now a vegan diet, you'll lose weight.
Posted by: Lea

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 05:57 PM

But who would want to eat William Shatn . . .

Oh. He's a vegetarian. Never mind.

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 06:13 PM

Also remember that beer is technically a vegetarian meal. grin
Posted by: DLC

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Originally Posted By: Stumpy1

If I did that, which I wouldn't, I'd be dead - immediately. laugh

no IF she were like my wife it'd be a slow lingering death !! laugh

pain meter on 12 !!!
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 07:04 PM

"Vegetarian"

Indian word for 'bad hunter'. grin
Posted by: carp

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Yeah! Like I can afford to lose weight! I have to eat just to keep what little I have. laugh

She's actually doing it to try to lose weight, but woe be to me to mention that maybe she should just stop the continuous snacking.

Well neither here nor there .

To be honest , from what I read all veggie diet is NOT good for anyone . Unless your a herbivore and oddly fat like a cow laugh Keep in mind that humans are not built like a cow and cannot eat grass alone .

Humans need certain proteins , enzymes and acids found in meats - that is not present in Nuts , grain and vegetables . Take a whole society that is vegetarian like India , indians who are totally vegetarian by virtue of product of religion . Yet to survive they have to take vitamin shots once in awhile when they feel weak .

Anyway
Eat salads 70% of the time - get a nice honking steak diner the rest of the time = moderation
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/10/10 11:24 PM

Nah, we're omnivores, not carnivores.

It's really not that hard to eat a veggie diet that's balanced, I've been doing it for 30 years (with a 2-year fish-break around 1988).

People's body types differ, some fare better on a veggie diet than others (even within the same culture - depends on genetic history to some extent). Same with being vegan. People in India who need vitamin shots, probably a lot of them it's because their diet is poor, not veggie - the standard of living is a lot lower there for many people.

Point is, it's up to you whether you want to be veggie or not, but saying 'you can't be a healthy veggie' ignores the evidence of millions of healthy veggies and conveniently focuses on the ones who aren't healthy, and who may be unhealthy for reasons other than the absence of animals from their diet anyway.

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/11/10 04:13 AM

Hahahaha! Good one!

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/11/10 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: padmavyuha

It's really not that hard to eat a veggie diet that's balanced, I've been doing it for 30 years (with a 2-year fish-break around 1988).
You're how tall and weigh how much again? grin
Posted by: Clark

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/11/10 05:01 AM

That's why god made fast food restaurants.
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/11/10 05:12 AM

. . . saying 'you can't be a healthy veggie' ignores the evidence of millions of healthy veggies and conveniently focuses on the ones who aren't healthy . . .

Like people who point at the one 120-year-old guy who smokes and drinks heavily and use that as justification to do the same, ignoring the 99.9999% of the people who do the same and die prematurely.

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/11/10 05:48 AM

Yes, I know one very attractive woman who is vegetarian, and, no, she is not a waif. wink

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/11/10 05:50 AM

I'd be dead before I got the "o" out. laugh

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/11/10 05:51 AM

I can vouch for that! Cheers! laugh

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/11/10 05:52 AM

That's why I said, "I'll be having dinner at the local sports bar and grill." laugh

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/11/10 06:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Reboot

You're how tall and weigh how much again? grin

6'3", 170 lb. Glossy coat, shiny nose smile.
Posted by: Clark

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/11/10 07:38 AM

Sounds like a good plan. A little brewskie with your steak, served by...

Posted by: carp

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/11/10 09:34 PM

I didn't say humans were carnivores ? so not sure where you got that .

Anyway
Medical types told me that 100% vegi is not all that good , you should get some meat even if it is only fish . If that diet works for you , then thats great

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/11/10 11:46 PM

I was saying that some people fare better on a veggie diet than others, similarly with being vegan - as opposed to what you were saying, which is that a veggie diet "is NOT good for anyone...unless you're a herbivore".

Since a carnivore (like cats, for example) is an animal that can't survive without meat in their diet, that where I "got that". smile
Posted by: Shooshie

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/12/10 03:22 AM

The answer is simple: the burger place down the street from where you work. Noon.

wink

Shooshie

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/12/10 06:54 AM

It's a good time to check out Five Guys. laugh
Posted by: MrB

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/12/10 07:46 AM

would silicon be on a vegetarian diet?

dave
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Somebody save me! - 03/12/10 08:48 AM

Silicone.