Why is it?

Posted by: JohnR

Why is it? - 04/14/03 06:23 PM

Why is it that some posts that get posted over at MacCentral never get posted over here? I went over there today for the first time in several months just to see...and there I read about how Laci Peterson that Biggerfoot posted there but not here.<br><br>I was just wondering why...cause if I hadn't decided to check it out tonight (and I was only there for a few minutes) then I wouldn't have heard about this. <br><br>So, for those that do, what makes you post topics over there and not here? Just curious. And yeah..I know..if it's political then I understand. <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 06:34 PM

I don't post there at all. MM has exclusive rights to my worthless dribble <br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 06:34 PM

Sometimes I post the same thing at both, sometimes I just post something here, and sometimes I just post something there.<br>It all depends on the post.<br>Now that I'm thinking about it, I really don't start many posts, I just answer them....hahaha<br><br>I post stuff that I would want to share with my family over here.<br>I post technical stuff over there.<br>Yeah....that's it, that's what I do....I think<br><br><br>[color:red]Listen...</font color=red>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 06:35 PM

me too.<br><br>only MM gets my padding, err thoughtful notes <br><br>

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 06:35 PM

I don't post there either. In fact, tonight was the first time in a long time that I actually wandered over there. Just not my bag.<br><br>

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 06:40 PM

ahh, but your technical stuff is needed here too! <br><br>As far as swinging both ways, that's fine..it's more of those who do one without doing the other. <br>(now, get those minds out of the gutter! ok..so maybe it's just mine LOL)<br><br>
Posted by: Non_PC

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 06:54 PM

Well I use to go there more than any other forum site, but a lot of regular posters there are so far left politically (or more accurately anti-Bush) they're defending despots. I just couldn't read it anymore. It's much more civil here. <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 07:38 PM

I tend to respond to posts over there - but don't create them often.<br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 07:40 PM

I posted that over there because I was reading that forum when I saw the news...I do the same here. Since most of us read both forums, I rarely post the same post in both spots.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 07:43 PM

that's ok biggerfoot....I'll just follow you around to read your posts<br><br><br>[color:red]Listen...</font color=red>
Posted by: carp

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 07:47 PM

Not to be insulting to anyone.<br><br>I just feel that cross posting is rather redundant.<br><br>Reason:<br>So many here goes over to read MC aswell.<br><br>I see nothing wrong with cross posting - both iRock and Mactico practic that.<br><br>Just that for me if I feel that my target audience is over at MC I will post there for the highest viewership.<br><br>I will cross post more often.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 08:36 PM

I see nothing wrong with cross posting - both iRock and Mactico practic that.<br> And also Gizmo & Lesh among others. I find you get different responses to your posts. Sometimes it is the opposite of what you may think. And there are people I like there and here that don't go to both. When someone does cross post I often read both sets of replys/comments. I used to think it was redundant, too but not everyone is at both places. Please feel free to cross post, there is plenty of you to go around.<br><br>I too get tired of the political postings but I pick the gems out and find there is some good reading. And I cross post because I am not the only one that wants a change of pace. I look at it this way. If I don't participate in trying to put some of those gems in myself, I am part if the problem.<br><br>"Life's blows cannot break a person whose spirit is warmed at the fire of enthusiasm."<br>--Norman Vincent Peale
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 08:37 PM

I agree it's the highest viewership, and I usually try to cross-post when I'm having a tech issue- but only in GD or Mac OSX or Help & Tips...<br><br>I gave up posting to the Lounge simply because every other thread was either, "This is why the war is bad", or someone rebutting with, "No it isn't"...<br><br>And now that I'm up to a few hundred unread posts, I think I'm pretty much done reading anything in there as well...So I miss a few enlightening links to some articles that will show why GW is an imperialist war monger...<br><br>I read what I want to read on the sites that I choose to visit, and I make up my own mind. End of story.<br><br>But there's a goldmine of computer knowledge to be had in the various other MC forums, as well as in MM's corridors...<br><br>I'm not missing anyone or anything that I don't share with you all that visit MM...<br><br>And I may be sharing a VERY good piece of news any day now. Just don't want to jinx it yet...<br><br>Of course, it just may put a serious crimp in my mosaic video-making time...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on, it's time for a </font color=red> <br>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 08:51 PM

"And now that I'm up to a few hundred unread posts, I think I'm pretty much done reading anything in there as well...So I miss a few enlightening links to some articles that will show why GW is an imperialist war monger.."<br><br>yeah, I got a few unread GW is an imperialist war monger posts too <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Why is it? - 04/14/03 09:22 PM

Right <br>Precious.<br><br>I find you get different responses to your posts. Sometimes it is the opposite of what you may think.<br><br>I guess when I did that it was in the early days - when most was MC people at MM.<br><br>

Re: Why is it? - 04/15/03 02:43 AM

Thanks for all the responses. I wasn't looking at making you all change, it's just that I was wondering what made you all decide to post something here and not there, or vice versa.<br><br>Thanks! <br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Why is it? - 04/15/03 05:35 AM

I am like several others...while I rarely double post my frivolous items, if it is something more technical, helpful, or I am need of help, I do post in both places. <br><br>However, I am afraid to admit it, but most of my posts are frivolous.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Why is it? - 04/15/03 05:58 AM

No sir, they are always informative. You are in a profession that is unique here and it gives us a different perspective on things. It's good to balance it with nonsense. I didn't know about Laci Peterson being possibly found until you scooped my regular news sources. Who else would keep us up to date on the Hooters Airline? And the escapades of SpongeBob? Don't change, you or anyone.<br><br>"Life's blows cannot break a person whose spirit is warmed at the fire of enthusiasm."<br>--Norman Vincent Peale

Re: Why is it? - 04/15/03 06:45 AM

Heck no your posts aren't frivilous!! I like reading them..just hate to go find them someplace else <br><br>