eBay SCAM

Posted by: yoyo52

eBay SCAM - 02/17/02 04:23 PM

If you get an email from someone saying that you're supposed to verify your eBay account, don't do it. The eBay site has nothing at all about verification of accounts, and the whole thing seems to be a pure unadulterated scam. The url is www.ebay-verify.com. Watch out!!<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: eBay SCAM - 02/21/02 02:51 PM

I got another scamming email today. This one was even better than the first one because it takes you to a web page that looks like eBays' Community/news page, but isn't. I've sent a note to the eBay folks about the emails, but since they don't reply, who knows what they'll do.<br><br>Is there any other place I should notify? My son thinks there are internet cops out there and keeps telling me to let "them" know too.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: eBay SCAM - 02/22/02 12:31 AM

The people that need telling I believe are the Police from the country of origin of the email. That is the problem with the internet it is international so scams like that they will set up in countries which really couldn't care less, assuming they are not amateurs that is. If it is is the states I assume it is a federal issue as the emails would have been sent all over, so try contacting the FBI about it I suppose.<br><br>“Here can be found the last words of Joseph of Arimathea. He who is valorous and pure of heart may find the Holy Grail in the aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh…”<br><br>- Monty Python and The Holy grail<br>