OUCH!

Posted by: maestro

OUCH! - 09/06/05 10:36 AM

I just got out of the hospital today. Sunday I feel and dislocated my ankle and broke my lower leg in three places. Eight screws a plate and a gallon of morphine and Im almost as good as new. This should make the next couple of months interesting.
-maestro :pinch:
Posted by: Waragainstsleep

Re:OUCH! - 09/06/05 10:47 AM

I propose a sister site:

MaestroMod.com

You should have attached an ipod shuffle to the plate. Extend the usb port to the back of your knee and the headphone jack... well, wherever you like.

"We can rebuild him, we have the technology...."

Post edited by: waragainstsleep, at: 2005/09/06 17:49
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:OUCH! - 09/06/05 11:11 AM

Eh... you should have just walked it off :silly:
Posted by: anil8tor

Re:OUCH! - 09/06/05 11:12 AM

Man I feel your paine! I fell down the stairs on May 29th and broke 12 bones in my right foot. I now have 4 new screws, 2 4" pins, a cane and funny shoe, and 20 extra pounds from spending the summer in a wheelchair. Take my advice eat light! and God bless the Vicodin! :blink:
Posted by: krusher117

Re:OUCH! - 09/06/05 12:20 PM

I hope you guys aren't all 73 years old...its starting to sound like a geriatric joint around here laugh

Post edited by: krusher117, at: 2005/09/06 19:20

Re:OUCH! - 09/06/05 12:27 PM

Nope, only 43...just feel like 73 wink
Posted by: krusher117

Re:OUCH! - 09/06/05 12:51 PM

I actually said "when i was kid..." just the other day.. man im getting old. Oh and in case you were wondering i was saying that in reference to some kids i saw jumping on a trampolene with a safety net around it(**cough** pussies **cough**)
Posted by: shadowboxer47

Re:OUCH! - 09/06/05 02:50 PM

krusher117 wrote:
Quote:
I actually said "when i was kid..." just the other day.. man im getting old. Oh and in case you were wondering i was saying that in reference to some kids i saw jumping on a trampolene with a safety net around it(**cough** pussies **cough**)

What is with "safety" these days! I biked and skated w/o a stinking helmet--I jumped on a trampoline w/o a net and I am a better man for it! BAH! :angry:
Posted by: Antonio

Re:OUCH! - 09/06/05 03:50 PM

shadowboxer47 wrote:
Quote:
krusher117 wrote:
Quote:

What is with "safety" these days! I biked and skated w/o a stinking helmet--I jumped on a trampoline w/o a net and I am a better man for it! BAH! :angry:

When I was ten, I fractured my skull in a bicycling accident.
Be a man, quit whining, and put on your damn helmet! wink :P

Post edited by: Antonio, at: 2005/09/06 22:51
Posted by: whitlock

Re:OUCH! - 09/06/05 04:21 PM

Jeesh, well I hope you guys get back to better health soon.
Posted by: modyourmac

Re:OUCH! - 09/06/05 06:09 PM

I dunno, it still creeps me out that there are kids born after 1985 who can buy liquor. Maybe its just me. Course, it also make me feel strange when they call me "sir." Sheesh, I'm only 29!

Dude, thats one hell of a break. Its amazing how durable we are as humans, till we break something. I was the smart one and always wore my pads and helmet when skating vert (still do) but experienced what is supposedly some of the worst pain ever from a kidney stone th size of a sesame seed. Lying there in the emergency room, unconsciousness would have been a blessing. Course, modern IV painkillers have a way of helping. Heal up soon!

Oh, and think of it this way, airport metal detectors will always be an adventure now! laugh
Posted by: maestro

Re:OUCH! - 09/07/05 12:05 AM

Wow. Didnt expect any replies. Yeah, its funny how much more protective we are of children these days. I dont think they are pussies, they are just smarter than we were. Just consider ourselves lucky we survived a childhood of jumping off roofs, making huge ramps, and biking down hills at 50mph. Well, Ive got two new scars to add to my collection of lifelong battle wounds. How bout a picture of my xray.

Post edited by: maestro, at: 2005/09/07 07:06
Posted by: modyourmac

Re:OUCH! - 09/07/05 12:28 AM

heh, I know all about the ramps. It was the beginning of the end for my knees when I bought my first snowboard oh, almost 15 years ago smile

hah! thats a great x-ray! Pure hardcore awesome. Maybe I should upload my last CATscan...

Re:OUCH! - 09/07/05 04:20 AM

Man, Looks like you got me by about 4 screws! sick

Since I moved to the cane I have a pair of crutches I nolonger need. Want me to ups them to ya?

Post edited by: anil8tor, at: 2005/09/07 11:23