Hello all!

Posted by: Anonymous

Hello all! - 05/25/01 07:39 AM

Hey everybody....<br><br><br>Cool site... Macnn sucks!<br><br>Only problem here, is it seems a little slow, especially the forums... <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: Hello all! - 05/25/01 07:59 AM

Hi Scarecrow. Welcome!<br><br>I'm sorry to hear you are finding the site slow. One of the things we take very seriously is speed of access. Could it be a problem at your end? Is anyone else finding things sluggish?<br><br>Regardless, I will look into it, and thanks for letting me know.<br><br>Warmest regards,<br><br>Stan<br><br>

Re: Hello all! - 05/25/01 08:01 AM

It will improve with time, as people get to know the place. However, I think the somewhat cumbersome login procedure discourages access even though it improves security over other forums. The arcane password makes it an effort unless you use keychain, which I don't.<br><br>John<br><br>

A Little Slow Today - 05/25/01 08:03 AM

All sites experience this from time to time. It was fast enough yesterday.<br><br>John<br><br>

Re: Hello all! - 05/25/01 08:03 AM

Hi John,<br><br>You know you can change the password to whatever you prefer from the Control Panel page. In addition, the way the forum works, it will save your login and password as long as you are online.<br><br>If there is a way we can improve upon it, please let me know. I want this to be as easy as possible for you.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan<br><br>

Foolish Me. - 05/25/01 08:11 AM

Thanks Stan. I just realised that. Makes things easier, that's for sure. The one you sent to get me started (probably generated randomly) looked like a DOS command.<br><br>John<br><br>

Re: Foolish Me. - 05/25/01 08:15 AM

No problem John. Actually, I think there is a way a user can select their own password when they register with this software. I'm off to investigate! <br><br>

Re: Foolish Me. - 05/25/01 08:23 AM

Me again John. OK, I found the option and changed it. Now a new user logging in for the first time can select their own password instead of a randomly generated one.<br><br>Thanks for the suggestion! <br><br>