Waiting for follow-up

Posted by: MacBozo

Waiting for follow-up - 09/08/08 08:57 AM

It was a group interview at the Apple Store yesterday. There were 16 of us (I think I was the oldest). A lot of young talent, so my age may be working against me on this.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Waiting for follow-up - 09/08/08 09:32 AM

ah, but you certainly know more than them combined! I don't think you will have a problem getting hired on there.<br><br><br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Waiting for follow-up - 09/08/08 05:05 PM

Hey, if they don't hire you, you have a ready-made legal case to bring against Apple . . . AGE DISCRIMINATION.<br><br>You don't have to yell it, I guess <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Lea

Re: Waiting for follow-up - 09/08/08 06:57 PM

Or, you age may be working for you. Talent counts, but it counts a whole lot more when it's backed up with experience.<br><br>You think positive and we will, too, 'K? <br><br><br>LL<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: Nana

Re: Waiting for follow-up - 09/08/08 07:52 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Hey, if they don't hire you, you have a ready-made legal case to bring against Apple . . . AGE DISCRIMINATION.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I've often wondered about the hiring practices in the Apple Stores. I've visited several across America during my travels & the average age of the employees appears to be about 25. I don't believe I've ever seen anyone working in these stores over 30.<br><br>Another thing I've noticed, I could count on one hand the number of minorities working in them.<br><br>"I ain't scared of you muthafukaz!".....Bernie Mac R.I.P. 2008
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Waiting for follow-up - 09/09/08 05:16 AM

It could just be the demographics of the computer literate in the area. The Boston Apple stores are peopled by asian, black and old geezers. The one missing component is older women (lots of young women.) But it might be there is a shortage of blue hair computer literate in the area.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Waiting for follow-up - 09/09/08 10:33 AM

Here the average is 25 to 30 , however the store manager is a 50 year old asian woman<br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: Waiting for follow-up - 09/09/08 12:12 PM

You know you're in trouble when the first group question is, "Do you still buy green bananas?" ... and you have to think about it !! <br><br>Best of Luck MacBozo !!<br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Waiting for follow-up - 09/09/08 06:10 PM

Kudos for making the effort, no matter what happens. I read somewhere that it takes about six months to find a new job. I would suppose that for people our age, it takes a bit longer because of age discrimination. <br><br>The Lord has something in mind for you, but you just haven't found it yet. <br><br>
Posted by: Nana

Re: Waiting for follow-up - 09/09/08 06:34 PM

Best of luck to you. Have my fingers & toes crossed.<br><br>"I ain't scared of you muthafukaz!".....Bernie Mac R.I.P. 2008
Posted by: carp

Re: Waiting for follow-up - 09/09/08 07:14 PM

Yep thats what it takes here about 4 to 6 months to get hired <-- however in most cases there is absolutely no reason it should take that long except for industry exploratory disfunction .<br><br>True story one manager told me once - why he took 30 days to interview a person was so that he could show his superiors that he is Really REALLY busy , hence why he needed the extra help ? ? then he took an extra 30 days to interview applicant #2 and so on <-- truth of the matter is he could have interview all applicants in a single week<br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Waiting for follow-up - 09/10/08 09:58 AM

The Lord has something in mind for you, but you just haven't found it yet.<br><br>A winning Lotto ticket? <br><br>