Pet Hotel

Posted by: margadagio

Pet Hotel - 09/02/08 03:25 AM

Pets in Berlin have a new place to hang out just outside the city. They even have a special bus that picks them up and returns them to their owners at the end of the day. The Paws Hotel offers all the amenities of a first class people hotel. There's great food, spa treatments and exercise classes.<br><br>This video is in German but you'll get the idea.<br><br>
Posted by: MrB

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/02/08 03:48 AM

I assume that this "luxury" is judged on what humans think is luxury not what dogs would choose. Kinda like dog food.<br><br>dave<br><br><br><br>

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/02/08 04:03 AM

I would assume most dogs would prefer to be out romping and playing rather than being cooped up in the house or yard all day but I get your drift. Dogs and cats can easily survive eating scraps in a junkyard.<br><br>Cats prefer to stay at home in familiar surroundings. I would never subject my cats to a boarding place unless I was desperate.<br><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/02/08 06:11 AM

I imagine the dogs really enjoy it, they are social creatures after all. Although Sam Bass did fine when we were both working straight jobs. You gotta have the doggie door, but he pretty much just slept all day. Probably depends on the breed ~ MsN's Aussie Shepherd is a berserker if left alone all day, so she does the back yard co-op thing with another friend, who's also crazy enough to have an Aussie Shepherd. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: Mike

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/02/08 03:40 PM

Wow....that's neat! <br>Also kinda expensive!!<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: carp

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/02/08 05:30 PM

[color:blue]Also kinda expensive!!</font color=blue> - Certainly and that kind of accommodations for a pet is for the ones that could afford it. Would I do this for a pet even if I had the money to do so <-- absolutely NOT<br><br>Pets should be left with friends that the pets are accustom to like friends or family , not dropped into a cold glass cage . Hence why I like cats - dumb arse dogs need a sitter or a hotel - [censored] cats leave enough food and water thats it. <br><br>
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/02/08 06:09 PM

We've got those all over the place down here in my neck o' the woods...<br><br><br>http://www.pompanopetlodge.com/<br><br>http://www.getamover.com/moving_directory/pethotels/FL<br><br>[image][/image]
Posted by: Pete

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/02/08 06:09 PM

>> dumb arse dogs need a sitter or a hotel >><br><br>If you put food out for a dog and left for 3 days, the food would be gone after the first 20 minutes. That's not stupidity, that's genetics. Dogs are descended from wolves who eat voraciously whenever they food, because they never know when they'll get their next meal... <br><br>[color:red]Work With ____!</font color=red>

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/02/08 07:01 PM

[color:blue]That's not stupidity, that's genetics.</font color=blue> - sorry cats spread their meals over days not all at once like dogs - so dogs are inbreed stupid ?<br><br>

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/02/08 08:26 PM

No, no, dogs are smarter than cats. They don't obsessively flush toilets. <br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/02/08 11:48 PM

Depends on the cat/dog - I've known cats that will eat until they practically pop, whatever's there. That's why there's a cat obesity problem...<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/03/08 08:42 AM

'I've known cats that will eat until they practically pop, whatever's there. That's why there's a cat obesity problem..."<br><br>You have a good point.<br><br>Proof!! All 26 lbs of him.... <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Nana

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/03/08 09:52 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>That's why there's a cat obesity problem...<p><hr></blockquote><p>That's from feeding cats from the table = human food.<br><br>I leave enough "cat" food in the bowl to last all day. After that's gone, tuff sh...! You ain't getting nothing else to eat until the next day.<br>Water bowl stays full.<br><br>"I ain't scared of you muthafukaz!".....Bernie Mac R.I.P. 2008
Posted by: Pete

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/03/08 10:05 AM

>> so dogs are inbreed stupid ? >><br><br>I just *told* you why. The thing about the wolves, remember? <br><br>[color:red]Work With ____!</font color=red>

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/03/08 10:23 AM

My cat gets zero human food and only gets expensive old fart diet crunchies. He gets the prescribed amount in the bowl and that's it. No more. He's still fat.<br><br>
Posted by: Nana

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/03/08 02:08 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>old fart diet <p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>"I ain't scared of you muthafukaz!".....Bernie Mac R.I.P. 2008
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/03/08 06:39 PM

I have two ten-plus-year old cats who eat the same food (Purina One Senior Formula) from the same bowl. No table scraps (I give those to the crows) and the bowl never is empty because neither of them eats very much. One's fat while the other one is thin. They're both about the same age (give or take a year). My guess is that it's probably something genetic, so why worry about it?<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/03/08 08:20 PM

We have two cats who get identical foodstuff. One is a pig-out fatso, the other one is so slim that you'd swear she had intestinal worms (she doesn't).<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: eckhard

don't forget .... - 09/04/08 02:11 PM

<br>... Germans are world champions in vacationing, with 3-4 weeks twice a year being the norm. I have friends who will take Spookie (our miniature Schnauzer) for a few days, but 2-3 weeks, that's a different story.<br>Mind you, we have a place where they charge a whole lot less, and still, Spookie likes it there.<br><br><br>As far as dogs being stupid, by the way ..... I recently talked to someone who trains animals for movies etc. It may take 3 different cats to simulate one simple scene, like stretching, getting up from a blanket, walk to the fridge, and paw the door. No single cat is bright enough, to learn something that "complex". Now, cat owners will say that shows independence ..... yeah, sure it does. ;)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

look at it this way ..... - 09/04/08 02:15 PM

[color:blue]He gets the prescribed amount in the bowl and that's it. No more. He's still fat.</font color=blue><br><br>.. perhaps, with cheaper food, he might be even fatter!! ;)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: don't forget .... - 09/04/08 02:38 PM

Dogs are pack animals and so their evolution privileges training/obedience/getting along with the alpha dog (the owner, natch). Cats are not pack animals. It has nothing to do with intelligence, IMHO.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: don't forget .... - 09/04/08 02:50 PM

Time Warp: Once upon a time there was a little forum called MacLibs (yeah, yeah, I've heard all the jokes ) ~ The one time the place almost burned to the ground was over "Dogs are smart, cats are stupid, no you moron, cats are smart, dogs are stupid." <br><br>I'm talking mature adults melting down like dummies in the Wax Museum. And yes, I was one of those dummies. <br><br>Cats and dogs are a whole lot like people ~ some are smart, some are dumb. Cats and dogs are not a whole lot like people ~ regardless of their intellectual heft, or lack of it, we still love them and they always love us back. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: don't forget .... - 09/04/08 06:26 PM

[color:blue] Cats are not pack animals.</font color=blue> Ahh Lions always pack and Cheetahs are known to pack in small groups for time to time.<br><br>Simply Cats can hunt by themselves without a pack and be successful - Dogs however cannot , they need a pack. Don't confuse this with hunting dogs that do the pointing and not the killing.<br><br>

Re: don't forget .... - 09/04/08 06:36 PM

Yes, lions are pack animals. Leopards aren't. Tigers aren't jaguars aren't. Jaguarundis aren't. Domestic cats aren't.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: iBookmaster

Re: Pet Hotel - 09/04/08 08:45 PM

That's kewl! We love our animals don't we? Part of the family. <br><br>Too many lives they've spent across the ocean. Too much money been spent upon the moon. Well, until they make it right, I hope they never sleep at night. They better make some changes and do it soon. -Things Goin' On/Lynyrd Skynyrd

lions are really dogs... - 09/05/08 07:58 AM

<br>... at least that's what Katrina told me a few years ago when she couldn't square that pack thing either? ;)<br><br><br><br><br><br>

lions are really dogs... - 09/05/08 07:59 AM

<br>... at least that's what Katrina told me a few years ago when she couldn't square that pack thing either? ;)<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: lions are really dogs... - 09/05/08 01:23 PM

She's right, eck. Lions are the most trainable of the felines, and it's for the same reason that dogs are trainable . . . they're pack critters.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: don't forget .... - 09/05/08 06:53 PM

Yeah, Al, that's true. With a dog, you need to assert your dominance, or else they will. With a cat, you can be more laid back and come to a mutually agreeable situation. ;-)<br><br>

Re: lions are really dogs... - 09/05/08 07:22 PM

[color:blue]trainable . . . they're pack critters.</font color=blue> - Well you don't see me hanging around a bunch of guys all the time "pack friends" and more so when I go chic hunting - so are you saying that I am NOT trainable <br><br>

Re: lions are really dogs... - 09/05/08 07:52 PM

That's something you'd have to reveal for us, carp.<br><br>[And here's what the ladies are doing while they wait ====> ]<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: lions are really dogs... - 09/05/08 08:15 PM

New Flick Franchise? Dinos Gone Wild! Think about it, we could redefine the whole Chick Flick concept. <br><br>But could carp handle be objectified? And how many women would pay good money to find out? (I get the biggest percentage, since it's my idea. )<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: lions are really dogs... - 09/05/08 08:28 PM

It could be like one of those peep shows that used to be all over the place around Times Square . . . except spread out across the whole country. You could retire, Lea <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: lions are really dogs... - 09/05/08 08:48 PM

Especially if carp works cheap. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: lions are really dogs... - 09/05/08 09:20 PM

Hmmmm . . . given the circumstances, he might do it for free. Even pay you to do it <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: lions are really dogs... - 09/05/08 10:04 PM

HuH ?? what what ?<br><br>Now if I am going to pay for it I would expect my moneys worths - You know the trapeze , pommel horse , floor exercise , uneven bars , single bar - then bring it on "take me for a ride" after all I want my moneys worth<br><br>Now I would certainly do it for free but don't expect Olympic performance at my age <br><br>