Why 23 years?

Posted by: iRock

Why 23 years? - 02/13/03 10:54 PM

We have been together that long, Rick & I. This weekend he is working, I am not. We won't spend much time together, but here is why we won't be quite so alienated. Earlier in the week, I had to fill in for a coworker on loan to a sister publication, doing my job and hers. Grueling day. I came home and took a short nap. Rick told me he had dinner covered. I woke up to Vermont Maple syrup flavored link sausages, pancakes with chopped, sweetened, fresh strawberries and whipped cream. What a treat. And it wasn't even Valentine's Day. We will see each other for 10 minutes before I got to work tomorrow so I was not expecting anything. I get home from work after he has already left for his job & don't get to see him, so tonight this was sitting on the dining room table from him & the furkids. It is huge!<br><br>---<br><br> <br><br>---<br><br>Plus he went shopping for my birthday and there is a big green bag in the bedroom that I swear I am staying out of. What a great guy. We all have stories of what we are getting for our sweethearts, does anyone have a nice story of something your honey has done for you that you really enjoyed? Would love to hear.<br><br>---<br><br><br><br>"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."<br>--Jack London<br>
Posted by: bganey

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/13/03 10:58 PM

Wow!! How cool!<br><br>Congratulations! Here's to another 23 more.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/13/03 11:00 PM

Make sure you give him a big hug when he comes home.<br><br>Ahhhh<br>Tell you what even better "Give" me a real big hug instead <br><br>Happy Valentine's Day.<br>I wish you 100 more years of hugs.<br><br>

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/13/03 11:17 PM

Thanks Brian & you too, Carp, silly boy. The nice thing is when I got home last night he was here and I gave him a bigger hug than usual just because I was so glad to see him. And the MacBabes are thinking of you single guys as our special Valentines. Might not be as good as being there in person but we are sending you our thoughts Friday. XOXOXOXOXOXOX<br><br>"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."<br>--Jack London<br>
Posted by: bird

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 12:23 AM

A little hug just for you our Island honey! <br><br>
Posted by: bird

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 12:32 AM

A great guy married a great girl!! Ain't love grand when you get it right!! Don't you peek either!!<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 01:44 AM

Congratulations Shelli & Rick, and thank you so much for sharing those happy moments of your lives.. May all your days be like Valentine's day <br><br>Tell Rick that I'm standing up, raising my cup of freshly brewed coffee and saluting him for his thoughts and actions.. The was super sweet..<br><br><br>http://waleedsgallery.biz

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 06:43 AM

Oops, very appropriate toast Waleed, considering he makes the coffee.<br><br>"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."<br>--Jack London<br>
Posted by: MrsJonnyCat

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 07:45 AM

I love your post Shelli. Thanks for sharing it. I can't wait to hear what is in the green bag! <br><br>MrsJC<br><br>Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug
Posted by: MrsJonnyCat

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 07:47 AM

Yes, lot's of XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO's for our special Valentines! <br><br>MrsJC<br><br>Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug
Posted by: Lori

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 09:52 AM

I woke up this morning and my honey was already gone for the day.<br>He did leave this on the table with a nice card!<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Listen...</font color=red>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 10:16 AM

Ahh, How sweet it is. Congratulations to you both on 23 years and may you at least have another 23. My wife Carol and I will be celebrating our 23rd year together in June, so we're right behind you. Happy Valentines.<br><br>

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 10:21 AM

WoW<br>Is that Orchids?? I didn't think that they grew up there in the cold.<br><br>Very nice.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 10:36 AM

well...they are faux orchids from Bombay Co.<br>I love real orchids, and many people have them as house plants here. My house does not get much sun, so honey got me the fake ones that will be forever in bloom.<br><br><br>[color:red]Listen...</font color=red>

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 10:45 AM

Thanks.<br>I had a feeling that they were fake by looking at the stems. I certainly did not want to point that out. <br><br>The fake ones cost more then the real ones. Most of my plants are fake, the ones that do grow do so without my help.<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 11:11 AM

They look great. <br><br>
Posted by: ChrisN

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 11:31 AM

Why 23 years?<br><br>L-O-V-E!<br><br>The best to you and Rick, Shelli.<br><br>Chris<br><br>Nice Jack London quote, btw.<br><br><br><br>Light-Imagery<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 09:53 PM

Cheers, Shelli!<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Why 23 years? - 02/14/03 10:01 PM

Nice!, those are pretty and last a very long time. Even I can't kill that kind. Glad you shared, too. Leaves you with a warm feeling, huh?<br><br>"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."<br>--Jack London<br>