Things you can't do with Daily Trivia

Posted by: Lea

Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/01/08 02:35 PM

1. You can't cheat. Well, you could, but then you'd be a real jerk and you wouldn't have any fun.<br><br>2. You can't predict how well you'll do in given category on any given day. Take the category "Texas." Or "Hawaii" or "Science and Technology." You just never can tell.<br><br>3. You can't hit the "Play Today's Game" button, then quit Safari one microsecond later because the phone rings. Well, you can, but you won't believe what it does to the "time" part of your score. ( )<br><br>No, no, I won't accept any monetary compensation for these tips. Just knowing I've helped others is thanks enough. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: cope

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/01/08 03:22 PM

4. You can't always automatically click on "all of these". If you do, you will be right 98 times out of 100 but the two you miss will be in games where the extra points mean the difference between 1st and 6th place.<br><br>
Posted by: trey

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/01/08 03:26 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>3. You can't hit the "Play Today's Game" button, then quit Safari one microsecond later because the phone rings. Well, you can, but you won't believe what it does to the "time" part of your score.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Don't I know it!<br><br>
Posted by: MrB

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/01/08 04:09 PM

right, happened the other day.<br><br>dave<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/01/08 04:35 PM

How could you cheat? Maybe sign up two accounts and use one for reconnoitering? That would be reallly perverse, though!<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: carp

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/01/08 07:17 PM

4 - you can score a perfect 10 and still end up with 3 points <br><br>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/01/08 07:51 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>How could you cheat? Maybe sign up two accounts and use one for reconnoitering? That would be reallly perverse, though!<p><hr></blockquote><p>That would be the ultimate "get a life."<br><br>And I would know they're doing it. I had to lock out and delete a loser perpetrator that did it a while back.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/01/08 08:07 PM

Sorry to say the monthly wrap up will be delayed and abbreviated this month. In the Standings link we have about a 1 hour window from 1 to 2AM ET when we can get the detailed stats for everyone for the month, total games played etc. After that it only shows the top 10 in the Hall of Fame link, doesn't show games played, and the formatting sucks. I fell asleep early and slept through it this month. Long week.<br><br>I just got a chance to play mine today, and have to work tomorrow. Between work and summer stuff I haven't even had time to bash the big O much lately, just an occasional drive by. <br><br>So fire me. <br><br>Edit - If you noticed I was even lacking in the special category creativity this month. I'll try and do better with them this month, I promise. I know you all miss them.<br><br>Especially I Love Lucy.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Reboot on 08/01/08 08:10 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: carp

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/01/08 08:13 PM

Thats okay Reboot - maybe I'll miss that poke in ribs you give me <br><br>

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/01/08 09:08 PM

I'll make sure to make it a double next month. <br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/01/08 09:30 PM

You're excused. <br><br>I can't believe that someone tried to cheat, though. That really sucks.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: MrB

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/01/08 10:52 PM

After all those languages in Sat's game I would be tempted to cheat. Speaking of which, Why isn't "poodle" in French, "poodle"? <br><br>dave<br><br><br><br>

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/02/08 04:47 AM

I think it was someone just being a smart ass, a first or second time player creating a sock puppet player. hotdog got a time of just over 20 seconds and all right on a not so easy one, it was quite obvious. Also I can see IP's, to verify the scoundrels.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/02/08 07:52 AM

A trivia game sock puppet . . . that beats 'em all!<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Lea

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/02/08 08:43 AM

<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>(I've been waiting forever for a chance to post this little guy. Thanks. )<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/02/08 08:49 AM

A handsome feller <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/02/08 09:02 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Why isn't "poodle" in French, "poodle"?<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Cos: from Ger. Pudel, shortened form of Pudelhund "water dog," from Low Ger. Pudel "puddle".<br><br>For that matter, what are the French doing using the same word for 'mermaid' and 'foghorn'? <br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>

Re: Things you can't do with Daily Trivia - 08/02/08 09:15 AM

Trying to figure the logic of language is really a siren call, isn't it?<br><br><br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>