It's back on tonight!

Posted by: OSXaddict

It's back on tonight! - 07/29/08 06:29 PM

Season 3 is back on at 9pm. I missed the start so I set the DVR to record it when it repeats later on tonight. Great show!<br><br><br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: Mac007

I saw part of it - 07/29/08 07:42 PM

I would have seen it all except I got busy with other stuff. What I saw looked good. This show kind of reminds me of Twin Peaks and other oddball shows in the past. Guess I'll need to set my Tivo for a season pass. <br><br>"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness."
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/30/08 05:47 AM

I DVR'd it, but I haven't watched it yet. One of my favorite "odd" shows. <br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/30/08 05:58 AM

i watch a little tv here and there (shout out to Mad Men), but i've never heard of this show. i'll have to check and see if previous seasons are on Hulu so i can catch up -- or see if i like it.<br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/30/08 06:11 AM

Definately try to watch the 1st episode because it'll help explain a lot and then you can try to watch it in order or you can kind of skip some shows, but then you miss some plot lines.<br><br>We started watching it on a lark...I think I was flipping through channels when I came upon it. We were hooked from the start.<br><br>BTW, we started watching Mad Men last year but lost interest or something. I see now that OnDemand has both seasons 1 and what has been shown for Season 2. Might have to watch them again.<br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/30/08 06:28 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed this show, last season. Unfortunately, Sc-Fi isn't available in Canuckistan and we'll have to wait for a different network to air the new season.<br><br>- alec -

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/30/08 06:33 AM

You don't have to wait. You could always download a program called TV Shows (note, that link doesn't allow you to download, you might have to search for it on MacUpdate or VersionTracker) and a bittorrent client and you can have it automatically download to your mac! <br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/30/08 07:07 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>But that would be wrong<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Dick Nixon's famous disclaimer.<br><br>Or would it be wrong? How would Viacom feel about such downloading? Silly question!<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/30/08 07:11 AM

hey..what? When did I say that? <br><br>Eh, I just watch and delete afterwards.<br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/30/08 09:17 AM

The link did indeed allow me to download the app. Looks interesting. Thanks!<br><br>- alec -

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/30/08 10:02 AM

Welcome! I use Azerus or something like that to download my bittorrents with. Seems to be the only one that does it consistently, though it is a resource hog.<br><br><br><br>my photos

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/30/08 10:27 AM

hulu only has all of season 2: <a href="http://www.hulu.com/search/Eureka?company=all&type=episode">http://www.hulu.com/search/Eureka?company=all&type=episode</a><br><br>i won't go the bit torrent route so maybe i'll watch part of season 2, episode 1 and see if i feel like renting it.<br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/30/08 06:40 PM

Just watched it tonight. I think you will definately miss out by not watching season 1 first.<br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: Jim_

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/30/08 08:19 PM

Thx for the heads up, I was able to record the repeat at midnight, <br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/31/08 05:41 AM

i watched a few minutes of an episode and i don't think it's up my alley. but it looks like it could have some interesting plot twists and all that jazz.<br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/31/08 07:08 AM

It takes a few episodes to get an idea of all that is going on.<br><br>

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/31/08 07:21 AM

I guess my posts must be invisible because I said that you probably wouldn't get it if you came into it now.<br><br>See if Season 1 is out on video and rent the 1st disc.<br><br><br><br>my photos

Re: It's back on tonight! - 07/31/08 06:47 PM

no i saw what you said . . . but i also read a summary of the premise and combined that with what i saw and decided it wasn't my cup of tea, but that had more to do with what i read. if it was easier to get then i might have given it more of a chance. but at this point i'd have to go to Blockbuster and rent the first season (without being illegal). in the cost/benefit ratio scheme of things, i decided it wasn't worth it. maybe i am off, but i never liked the X-Files at all and reading about this gave me an X-Files vibe without the aliens (i hope).<br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>