Pictures of your workspace

Posted by: OSXaddict

Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 06:39 PM

I'll start since I got a clean area now! <br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 06:47 PM

This is the last workspace picture I took. I have since added a few amenities and the place hasn't been this clean in years.<br><br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 07:17 PM

Nothing new other than some dust:<br><br><br><br>_______<br>
Posted by: trey

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 07:21 PM

I don't feel like using a camera right now (been shooting all day), but here're a couple of pictures of my "darkroom" that I made to show someone on another board I'm registered at. My desk is too messy to show you guys anyway. <br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 07:27 PM

Here's mine:<br><br><br><br>***************<br><br>
Posted by: Mac007

And I thought I was messy - 05/28/08 07:31 PM

You've got me beat. <br><br>"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness."
Posted by: carp

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 07:53 PM

<br><br>
Posted by: zwei

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 07:56 PM

When I first got my iMac ....too dirty to take a pic of at the moment <br><br><br><br><br><br>zweisoft<br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 08:06 PM

Hey Michael, just wondering why is there a yard stick on the front of the desk top ??<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 08:08 PM

I didn't clean first. I have to keep the wide-format Epson printer covered with a scarf to keep cat hair from clogging up the print heads. Darned cats like to sleep on top it. Don't mind the junk on top of the file cabinet... I'll get a round tuit one of these days...<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 08:12 PM

Dude... come on ... fess up...<br><br>[image][/image]

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 08:21 PM

It's handy for measuring stuff...<br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 08:26 PM

Here you go...<br><br><br><br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 08:29 PM

Thank you! Finally! <br><br>I never knew it actually existed... Just ask the dust bunnies. ;-)<br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 09:42 PM

Mine's trashed as usual, so no picture (it's not as bad as Matt's though). <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 10:11 PM

Here's my mess.<br><br><br><br>I stitched together (not very well) three pics.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/28/08 11:49 PM

<br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br><br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 01:05 AM

<br><br>complete with 9-year-old HP just resurrected with ubuntu (256Mb ram maxed out!)<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: MicMeister

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 04:35 AM

You have got to be kidding me, Matt!!!??? I oughtta show this pic to the spouse, as she's always complaining about my desk and how packed and messy it is and...nah...I've always found people with overly clean, neat, tidy and picked up desks rather suspicuous. There's something eerie in a desk with barely nothing floating around.<br><br><br><br>Dang! The Razr really does take poor, poor quality pictures...oh well, didn't get it for the camera in the first place anyhow...<br><br>Yep, all the drawers are also pretty much full of stuff, a whole bunch of dictionaries there on the right side; Webster's of course, finnish/german/english/french/swedish -- don't ask me why, I'm a language pervert I guess.<br><br>And on the right side, equally blurry, whole bunch of usability books for my theisis, mostly borrowed from the uni library, two of Nielsen's actually, too, 'Usability Engineering' I actually bothered to buy. Couple of other techy books and of course my copies of two wonderful books: Killer Web Sites and "Free Skiing -- How to adapt to the Mountain" on the leftmost. That book is for the hardcore skiing enthusiasts out there.<br><br>Oh, almost forgot. Last but not least: That 'thing' on the floor is an actual Imperial AT-AT walker from the original Star Wars trilogies. (Another topic of endless complaint by the spouse ) and I also have a few original action figures inside it. And NO! It is not for sale!<br><br>
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 05:23 AM

LOL.. Matt's pulling your leg... just Google "messy desk" and ck the images section.<br><br>[image][/image]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by NucleusG4 on 05/29/08 08:24 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 05:29 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>LOL.. Matt's pulling your leg... just Google "messy desk" and ck the images section.<p><hr></blockquote><p>It's my desk sock puppet! <br><br>***************<br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 05:58 AM

What's up with that hat on top?<br><br>My desk is not normally clean like that. It's only like that since I just moved it to the basement.<br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 06:29 AM

That hat is an authentic Soviet Union railroad conductor's hat with the red star emblem and all. Damn cool, if you ask me. Got it from my grandma ages ago -- prolly around or shortly after the collapse of the iron curtain -- as she'd gotten from some customer in restaurant she managed.<br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 06:43 AM

Well, in any case I oughtta show it to bosslady. "See THIS is messy, my desk ain't half as bad as that."<br><br>
Posted by: trey

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 09:30 AM

Is that an ancient PowerMac you're using there?<br><br>
Posted by: John_Lasruk

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 09:56 AM

Okay, I don't usually do this, but I happen to have a recent shot taken of my setup in an unusually neat condition.<br><br><br><br>[color:blue]Laz, OFI[/i]<br></font color=blue>[color:green]<br>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.<br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 10:32 AM

Hehe. Good observing. Not really using but having it on semi-retirement. Old beige G3. Still completely functional, but haven't booted it in about two years.<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 11:09 AM

I tidied up my "workspace". <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 11:22 AM

Hey John, how's that USB turntable working out? Decent sound quality? Any rumble on your recordings?<br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 11:22 AM

I was wondering about that, too. What model?<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 11:56 AM

Let's see the REAL one! <br><br>- alec -

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 12:02 PM

That IS my "daytime" workspace. The "night" space is a wreck. <br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 12:13 PM

Marg, is that a grill behind your laptop?<br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 12:38 PM

Looks like a George Forman grill.<br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos
Posted by: starmillway

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 01:06 PM

Hey Lefty! <br><br>If ya keep it simple and small, less chance for much of a mess <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 01:33 PM

Yup, it's a Coleman grill.<br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 02:00 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Hey John, how's that USB turntable working out? Decent sound quality? Any rumble on your recordings?<br><br>I was wondering about that, too. What model?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Much to my surprise and disappointment, I had an audible whine coming through the USB connection. Fortunately, the Ion TTUSB also has an unamplifed (phono) out and a line out jack. I used the latter, which delivers a decent level from the Ion's built-in preamp. I could then plug the turntable in to the audio in jack on my 30" iMac via an RCA-to-Sony (stereo miniplug) converter. The sound I get is clean, with noise at -80 db or lower.<br><br>A $200 turntable isn't going to come equipped with the greatest stylus in the land, although the one provided wasn't bad. I assumed that the lightly-used Shure M91ED I've had around for years 'n years would be that much better. So I mounted it on the detachable cartridge holder, then carefully balanced the tone arm 'cause the Shure requires only one gram of weight.<br><br>I've written up a little thing about the exerience on my site; you'll find it at The Vinyl Episode<br><br>All in all, the Ion delivers pretty good bang for the buck, although I think it's kind of flimsy, so I wouldn't expect decades of use from it. But then, once your vinyl collection has been digitised, its usefulness would be ended anyway. Unless you then decide to use it on your audio system as a regular turntable, which you can, very easily.<br><br><br><br>[color:blue]Laz, OFI[/i]<br></font color=blue>[color:green]<br>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.<br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 02:15 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Much to my surprise and disappointment, I had an audible whine coming through the USB connection.<p><hr></blockquote><p>John,<br><br>Looks like you've solved your noise problem, but if not, I use this product for just this very thing:<br><br>Bias SoundSoap<br><br>I've transfered lots of old American Top 40 Countdown (Casey Kasem) shows from original vinyl LPs. My turntable emits a high cycle tone that is very audible, but once I run the recording through SoundSoap, it's gone. Plus, this SoundSoap removes pops and clicks too. <br><br>Highly recommended and it's available as a download, so you can buy and start using it right away. Works as advertised!<br><br>Check out the demo movie. <br><br><br>***************<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 03:17 PM

Here's mine at home. been at the studio more lately:<br><br><br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 04:22 PM

Matt,<br><br>I'll have a look at SoundSoap, although I have found the built-in click and pop filter in Spin Doctor (part of Toast) to be pretty good. Thanks for the lead.<br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]Laz, OFI[/i]<br></font color=blue>[color:green]<br>Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.<br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 04:40 PM

I still like the look of those Apple ADC screens - great design!<br><br>- alec -

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 05:31 PM

And they still perform very well. I may have to sell the larger 20" monitor when I sell the G5, but I plan to hang onto the smaller 15" for a second screen once I get a newer Mac.<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 06:12 PM

Ruben can we get a closeup of the art on the wall right above your LCDs?<br><br>[color:red]Work With ____!</font color=red>
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 08:29 PM

OK, I never contribute to this kinda thing (lurker), but here it is.<br>Old school Dual 1.8 G5 connected to Nakamichi receiver connected to Infinite Speakers (LOVE IT).<br>HP all-in-one 6110 (HATE IT) and Wacom tablet.<br>It gets me by until the next upgrade.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 09:09 PM

Yeah whats up with HPs these days.<br><br>At work I have a brand new HP all in one - when I click print it takes about 4 minutes for the first page to print a black and white pdf?? - ahh XP on a Dell laptop via frigging Citrix.<br><br>
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 09:26 PM

But, gosh, it prints like crap, scans like crap and faxes like crap.<br>What's not to love?<br><br>No more all in ones for me.<br><br>But I have to admit, I did get it free with my purchase of the G5.<br><br>I long for a wide format printer... Any suggestions?<br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/29/08 10:28 PM

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I'm a big fan of Hanna-Barbera. <br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/30/08 03:46 AM

How do you like that Nakamichi receiver? that is it under the paper, right?<br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos
Posted by: Mike

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/30/08 05:15 AM

Is that a BBQ grill in the back?<br>You're allowed to do that in your office...? <br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/30/08 05:45 AM

Yes, I'm allowed to barbecue in my "office". It's also my garden area. (currently petunias and tomato plants) Right now it's my breakfast nook too.<br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/30/08 10:08 AM

"Right now it's my breakfast nook too."<br><br>Yeah, when it's not below 10 C... which hasn't been for a while. Rumour has it spring will soon be here!<br><br>- alec -

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/30/08 10:20 AM

There ya go, spreading rumours again. Spring? We got no stinkin' Spring. <br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/30/08 10:24 AM

Unfortunately this is the biggest I could find online, it was my first commissioned piece for Hanna-Barbera's Animation Art Dept called,"Endless Summer" traditionally painted. The framed print is an Artist's Proof signed by Bill & Joe, I originally thought I would pay for it, but the Animation Art Dept. convieniently lost the invoice.<br> When Turner bought H&B the first casualty was the Animation Art Dept., I really missed that group, they were a great bunch of people.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/30/08 10:40 AM

What day is summer this year? <br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/30/08 10:46 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but Rubens portrait is not only missing the villains but I don't see Tom & Jerry either, who IMO were HBs most successful characters.<br><br>I don't see Dick Dastardly or Muttley. (that sorta' looks like Muttley in water behind Peter Potamus but I can't be sure)<br><br>My favorites and my Saturday morning line-up... sitting at the coffee table with my Yogi Bear cereal bowl while wearing twin Colts. I probably behaved in similar fashion back then too.<br><br>Top Cat (born on my birthday in 1961)<br>Tom & Jerry<br>Jonny Quest<br>The Flintstones<br>The Hillbilly Bears<br>The Jetsons<br>Quick Draw McGraw<br>The Secret Squirrel Show<br>The Yogi Bear Show<br>Space Ghost and Dino Boy<br>The Huckleberry Hound Show<br>The Herculoids<br>Magilla Gorilla<br>Moby Dick and the Mighty Mightor<br>The Perils of Penelope Pitstop<br>Ruff & Ready<br>Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?<br>Shazzan<br>Wacky Races<br>Cow & Chicken<br>Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines<br>The Banana Splits Adventure Hour<br>The Impossibles<br>Peter Potamus & his Magic Flying Balloon<br><br><br>So, Ruben was the portrait a gift from your co-workers and is that hand-painted?<br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/30/08 10:54 AM

"it was my first commissioned piece for Hanna-Barbera's Animation Art Dept called,"Endless Summer" traditionally painted. "<br><br>I'm assuming traditionally painted means by hand?<br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/30/08 10:54 AM

I feel like an idiot for posting my last post. I didn't know you were in the process of answering...<br><br>Thanks for that bit of history. I also found Tom & Jerry are now a Warner Brothers property.<br><br>Another interesting bit of history, Bill & Joe personally wrote and directed 114 Tom & Jerry cartoons between 1940 and 1957 before MGM closed down their animation unit. Their work earned them seven academy awards, tying it with Disney's Silly Symphonies series.<br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/30/08 11:14 AM

Yup, I remember walking into Bill's office the first time I was at H&B and seeing all those Academy statues lined up in a glass case, it was a sight!<br><br>The entire H&B library is part of Time Warner/Warner Bros. now<br><br>I just recently got a copy of the <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Hanna-Barberas-Pic-Basket-Cartoon-Classics/dp/B0000033R3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1212171138&sr=1-1" target="H&B" <em>Hanna-Barbera's Pic-a-Nic Basket Cartoon Classics</em></a> CD, brings back memories!<br><br>

Re: Pictures of your workspace - 05/30/08 11:24 AM

And yes, traditionally painted means by hand. The background was done by me, and the cell was also hand painted by cell painters on acetate. They would take the original background and make giclee prints, and the cells were all hand painted.<br><br>