Where Are You Moving?

Posted by: yoyo52

Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 07:51 AM

I thought we should have a thread dedicated to where we all are going to go after MM closes down.<br><br>I'm going to be at MacCentralCafe, with some checking out of MacMerc and MacFora. I'd be over at JimD's from time to time, except that it's been down so long it looks like up to me. (Anyone remember that book??)<br><br>Both MacMerc and MacFora have just far too many different forums, most of which seem to be unused. MacCentralCafe's One Forum is attractive by comparison, although I understand Marg's concern that the political stuff should be segregated. I would not at all mind that . . . but I understand others would. It's up to soulotomy what happens.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 07:54 AM

You'll find me at the Cafe, Jim's, MacMerc for starters. I don't think I can handle much more than those for now. <br><br>
Posted by: macbeemer

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 07:57 AM

Likewise, the Cafe, with a continued presence at that .ning thing. <br><br><br>The Bill of Rights doesn't grant us our rights, it merely enumerates them.
Posted by: DLC

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 07:59 AM

Ditto... I've bookmarked them all (3).<br><br>dang - I hope we don't lose any one ... <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 08:00 AM

MacFora - nah, doesn't look interesting to me. Way too many sections.<br><br>MacMerc - I'm registered there, but it feels so '90's. I don't think I'll stay there.<br><br>MacCentral Cafe - Only 1 board. I don't know about going there yet. I'm leaning towards not adding any new forums.<br><br>JimD's - not bad, but really slow activity.<br><br><br>For sure you will find me at Waleed's site.<br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos
Posted by: Pete

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 08:18 AM

Undecided, although I'd prefer someplace populated by people other than just the folks from MCF and this place. <br><br>Don't get me wrong, familiar faces are nice but meeting new ones is even better. <br><br><br><br>[color:red]Work With ____!</font color=red>

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 08:20 AM

Isn't that why you have Arthur? <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 08:22 AM

Arthur only likes me for my ability to reach the shelf with the cookies on it. <br><br>[color:red]Work With ____!</font color=red>

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 08:24 AM

Perhaps there is a Wii board?? <br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 08:25 AM

Someone should tell Arthur you were responsible for his nut removal. <br><br>

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 08:27 AM

3 or 4 cookies and he'd be over it. <br><br>[color:red]Work With ____!</font color=red>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 08:46 AM

Cafe and that's it for me. i am too lazy to have many.<br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: Jashue

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 08:46 AM

FYI (to all, not just to you, YoYo),<br><br>In case you were unaware, there is a thread over at MacCentralCafe with a poll to help ascertain whether or not one, two, or three subfora is the way to go.<br><br>I know that there are a lot of people here for whom that is a huge issue. This is a chance for all to be heard and a chance to help preserve the community of which we've been apart for so long.<br><br>

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 08:52 AM

I may end up joining there, though ichi will hate that I'm sure!<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 08:58 AM

Yar skip MacFora<br>it's not for the easily confused. <br><br>For everyone else, There's only two forums: Tech & Community<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> <br>

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 09:02 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>it's not for the easily confused. <p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Yeah? Why are you there then?<br><br><br>Geez. You just do not stop, do you? <br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos
Posted by: Jashue

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 09:08 AM

Love. Hate. Forgiveness. Acceptance.<br><br>None of us are above any of those. I, for one would very much love to see you there, John.<br><br>BTW-- I draged my father into my Honda dealer with the hope that he'd trade his aging Celica for a Civic Hybrid (yeah, right-- not a chance of getting one of those for at least a year). He wound up buying a Fit Sport with 5speed manual tranny in Storm Silver. He takes delivery today.<br><br>I'm totally psyched for him.<br><br>

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 09:14 AM

Yeah, I need to just move on myself when it comes to her. I try and try, but sometimes I just have to speak my mind.<br><br>I did register there and I may end up joining in. I see the Mario Kart codes are there..heh<br><br>That's great regarding the Fit. He'll love it. I went with the automatic so that way my wife can drive it with no problems. It does come with the paddle shifters, which are cool.<br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos
Posted by: lesh

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 10:37 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Fit Sport with 5speed manual tranny in Storm Silver.<p><hr></blockquote><p>That's exactly what I traded my CRV in for. I absolutely LOVE it, suits me perfectly.<br><br>

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 10:40 AM

then you all need to go here: http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/<br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos
Posted by: lesh

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 10:48 AM

Please...no more forums! :-D<br><br>

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 10:58 AM

ha. I haven't visited there in a long time. I'm no gearhead but I sometimes like to read what the kids are doing to the Fit.<br><br><br><br>[color:white]I'm also the Moderator here</font color=white><br><br>my photos
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 01:10 PM

John, I DO hope you decide to join the Cafe... if you do, I promise to never post a photo of a futon! <br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 01:20 PM

I'm leaning towards the Cafe for now, I'll visit Waleed's site from time to time.<br><br> Funny how this move feels like we're all leaving an apartment building we've all occupied for the last several years with some comings and goings. And now the building is changing owners with plans to build a shopping mall or a parking lot.<br><br>Just weird!<br><br>
Posted by: Piper_14

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 01:30 PM

I'll be around JimD's (even though its extremely slow these days) and most likely, as soon as this board shuts down, I'll check out the MacCentral Cafe. I registered over there already, but am still waiting before I become more active.<br><br>Oh, and I'll be around on my Wii, of course! If you haven't swapped Wii Console numbers with me yet, please do so! My number is below, in my signature, but I also need yours (the console number, not the MarioKart friend code) bedore it works!<br><br><br>My Wii: 5721 8516 7937 9434 (PM me if you Wii)

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 01:43 PM

The only wee I do is here <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 03:00 PM

The only wee I do is here <br><br>Wii this ..Wii that!<br><br><br><br><br>[image][/image]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/23/08 03:24 PM

MacCentral Cafe. Until I'm done with college (while working full time), I don't have as much time for fun as I used to, so I'm picking the place where the majority of my friends are headed to. I'm not worried about the political posts being mixed in with the rest because I don't have to read them if I don't feel like it. ;-)<br><br>
Posted by: Pirate

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/24/08 05:55 PM

Moved over to macmerc the officers club has a nice homey feel to it, kinda like an old favorite Mr Rogers sweater, warm. Dont see many names from here there yet, but I hope to see them at macmerc or someplace along the way.......<br><br>oh by the way remember happy hippie?....well..........<br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/24/08 06:33 PM

<br><br><center><br><br><br></center><br>all thanx goes to polymerase<br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> <br>
Posted by: watcher

Re: Where Are You Moving? - 05/24/08 06:39 PM

I'm a bit confused about ichi..<br>Not sure I have ever read any posts unless he s also called TheGreatDivide?<br><br>