Car/ID Theft

Posted by: Celandine

Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 12:01 PM

<br><br>BEWARE OF PAPER IN THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE <br><br>You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. <br><br>You start the engine and shift into Reverse.<br><br>When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking<br>space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear<br>window. So, you shift into Park, unlock your doors, and jump out of your<br>car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your<br>view. <br><br>When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear<br>out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. <br><br>They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.<br><br>And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car. <br><br>So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and<br>your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised! <br><br>BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED....<br><br>If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away.<br><br><br>Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you read this e-mail.<br><br>A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification<br>documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong<br>hands. <br><br>Disseminate at will. Thank you. <br><br>Lieutenant Tony Bartolome<br><br>Bureau of Investigations<br><br>Florida Highway Patrol <br><br>P.O. Box 593527 Orlando , FL 32859.<br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 12:07 PM

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/car-jacking-warning.html
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 12:14 PM

So, should I not be so happy about the money coming from Nigeria??<br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: Pete

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 12:33 PM

Something similar happened to me last week in the parking lot of retail store - I was backing out of my space when I heard a loud 'thump'. I looked back and there was a shopping cart directly behind me. <br><br>As I walked back to the car after getting out and pushing the cart over to the designated 'cart area', I got a chill up my spine thinking that could have been a carjacker scam. I had walked a good 10 feet away from the vehicle with the driver's side door WIDE open.<br><br>Whew! <br><br>[color:red]Work With ____!</font color=red>
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 02:22 PM

Don't worry Pete, noone wants your crappy car ;)<br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 06:26 PM

Figures.<br><br>When will I learn NOT to pass on these DIRE WARNINGS <br>as a public service, forwarded from PCeee Weenies? <br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 06:31 PM

If you drove away wouldn't it fall off the back as you accelerated? I'm sorry but if you are dumb enough to get something off the back you shouldn't have a car. Am I right?<br><br>oh yeah, that's going in the blog

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 06:39 PM

<br>Thanx for thr Link. <br><br>I FORWARDED it back to my Nervous-Nelly GirlFriend.<br><br>She's been a wreak since her husband died last fall, and now the <br>apartment upstairs from her was burgled this passed Sunday.<br>So I guess she's (understandably) been kicked into hyper overdrive<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 06:42 PM

I probably would have noticed it walking up to my car.<br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: Lea

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 06:45 PM

I'd figured that whoever was getting paid to flypaper windshields was getting paid waaaay too much. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:white]xx</font color=white>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 07:03 PM

No problem. It just sounded a little fishy to me... too similar to other hoaxes I've heard of...<br><br>

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 07:03 PM

No problem. It just sounded a little fishy to me... too similar to other hoaxes I've heard of...<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/02/08 07:42 PM

Rule of thumb: if any warning email asks you to pass it on, it's a hoax. Confirm at http://www.snopes.com<br><br><br><br>

Re: Car/ID Theft - 04/03/08 01:22 AM

<br>It's harder to spot since it wasn't a mass mailer, but from a trusted friend<br>who works for the government, ...so I was unsure of the point of origin...<br>Also she's directly connected to the FBI (indeed TEACHES classes TO the FBI)<br><br>Another is that I live in the Guard-Rail State/the Land of Malls & StripMalls<br>and receive regular awareness bulletins (particularly around X-Mas time). <br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>