"D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!"

Posted by: Phosphor

"D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/10/08 10:22 AM

At least, that's one of the strong theories Newsweek's Steven Levy is going on regarding the disappearance of his new computer.<br><br><Font size=+1><B>Gone, Without a Trace</B></Font><br>http://www.newsweek.com/id/120052/output/print<OL><B>"In lieu of the presence of a poltergeist with techno-lust, I have developed a theory that I first viewed as remote, but now believe explains the fate of my Air.</B><tt>[...snip...]</tt><B>As humiliating as it sounds, let me repeat: the MacBook Air is so thin that it got tossed out with the newspapers.</I></B>[/LIST]<br><br>[i]"This is not here."
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: "D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/10/08 10:27 AM

LOL... that's gonna leave a mark!<br><br>
Posted by: Boothby4

Re: "D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/10/08 10:52 AM

Thats just wrong. At least Newsweek is going to pony up. That's very cool.<br><br><br>Salus populi suprema lex
Posted by: polymerase

Re: "D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/10/08 11:12 AM

I've already had two scares with it and I hope I learned my lesson. I attend two meetings which all the material we read prior to the meeting is left in the conference room to be discarded by the office. These are reviews of grants and stuff which we should not keep. Both times I had my MacBook Air on the table in an interoffice mailer just like the commercial. I feel it is the best defense for theft. Who steals interoffice mail? (I did reinforce the corners with clear tape and put my address as the next place to deliver it.)<br><br>I get distracted by a conversation pick up my pack and coat and walk out of the room. Both times a light bulb went off early enough I was able to double back. The problem is that at three pounds you do not know that you are not carrying it. Now I constantly reach in and try to bend the envelope. Stiff. Cool.<br><br>I now have a very light canvas bag which I can actually tell the difference between empty Air and Air.<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: "D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/10/08 02:29 PM

Yikes. Nothin like a $2,000 memory lapse, eh?!<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: "D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/10/08 02:51 PM

I can see how that would happen. The darn things are so light.<br><br>I talked with a girl at the airport yesterday. She's a very new switcher. She'd just got her MBA last Wednesday. I asked how she liked it and she grinned from ear to ear. She loves OSX and her new Air. <br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: "D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/10/08 04:15 PM

"Now I constantly reach in and try to bend the envelope. Stiff. Cool."<br><br>...mmmm never mind...<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: "D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/10/08 10:59 PM

LOL<br><br>Well I cannot talk for Poly - but at my age reaching into any envelope and finding something that is "stiff" is certainly COOL. <br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: "D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/11/08 08:33 AM

In my case it's usually my back.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: "D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/11/08 09:24 AM

Your BACK *POPS* a Stiffy??? <br><br>...curiouser & curiouser...<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: "D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/11/08 04:14 PM

Just add "nd" to the "a" and then add "gets" and drop the "y" on "stiffy" and you end up with "pops and gets stiff." That's just about right <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: "D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/11/08 06:21 PM

LOL... I can identify with that because I keep checking to make sure I didn't leave my iPhone somewhere. I can't wait until that "auto kill" iPhone feature comes out, just in case... <br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: "D'OH! I threw away my MacBook Air!" - 03/11/08 06:24 PM

carp, as I learned in my Catholic education, sex is only intended for the purpose of reproduction of the species. Once you've reproduced, you've done your duty. <br><br>