Zinio

Posted by: walzuhair

Zinio - 02/28/08 01:31 PM

In Riyadh, it's not easy to get international magazines delivered to your home or office without suffering delays, censorship, or loosing issues. Not to mention how expensive a magazine can get when buying it from local bookstores or newsstands.<br><br>A few months ago, I subscribed with a couple of magazines through Zinio. Subscription costs are less and you get the magazine delivered electronically to your computer to read with their reader, or you can login to your account on their website to read your purchased magazines.<br><br>So far, it's been wonderful.. I've just received the current issue of Reader's Digest and I suspect it would reach the market here after a few weeks, after passing through censorship and loosing 20% of it <br><br><br>[color:blue]flick</font color=blue>[color:red]r</font color=red>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Zinio - 02/28/08 01:41 PM

Cool! I like the idea of using less paper. I'm going to try one or two out.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>my photos
Posted by: macbeemer

Re: Zinio - 02/28/08 02:53 PM

Zinio came free on one of our computers, but they gave only a free copy of macworld, so we threw it out. However, with an impending one-year deployment looming on the near horizon, I may revisit the issue (don't say it). Thanks. <br><br><br><br>Don't be too circumspective - you'll end up traveling slower than the speed of life.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Zinio - 02/28/08 04:38 PM

I used to get a magazine that way, Waleed. When it works, it's great. But there were so many problems and interruptions with the versions I used that I finally asked to drop the electronic edition and went back to the tree pulp version.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Zinio - 02/28/08 06:12 PM

Did you know that the print version of Reader's Digest is made to the perfect size so that it will fit on the back of a toilet tank? Most people read it while sitting on the toilet. One article is just long enough to take a dump. <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Zinio - 02/28/08 06:55 PM

<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Zinio - 02/28/08 09:10 PM

So far so good, no hint of communication trouble except from my ISP, and the environment is happy with recycled electrons, hehe..<br><br>As for multi-tasking in the bathroom, I have a small table there for magazines, and the wifi reception is very good Not to mention, I usually prefer to catch up on my podcasts. <br><br>[color:blue]flick</font color=blue>[color:red]r</font color=red>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Zinio - 02/29/08 01:00 AM

<br>teehee thanx<br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>