Careful suggestion to Mod and Members

Posted by: eckhard

Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 12:43 AM

<br>A few threads down, Biggerfoot published a screen shot, which showed how he hadn't visited the SoapBox for many months if not years. Some others did the same a few weeks ago, proudly trying to outdo one another in their utter disdain for that nasty section.... that rowdy Ghetto.<br><br>That would seem to be pretty poor use of real-estate. <br>And really, the current descriptions for the fora isn't correct anyway, as we have just seen with the recent Bobby Fischer thread being moved. One can NOT discuss anything in the Lounge, and the PSB is NOT only for political topics. (If those who never ever go "there" might take a look, you'll find that the range of topics is quite broad actually.)<br><br>MC was so very vibrant, because of the mix of characters and topics, because on one page, one could get informed about world affairs, read about books and movies, and still post kids' art-work as I was often wont to do.<br>There was a constant flow of ideas, which grew out of the diversity and yes, sometimes controversy. Yet, with the exception of one individual, who sometimes did use questionable language, I can't even recall a discussion, which went beyond what one would say in ....... well, a Lounge. (After all, if some people went as far as archving the entire MC site, there had to have been more to it than fanaticism, eh?)<br><br>If this side is to be free of controversy, and that, I believe, is the real aim, that's perfectly fine and understandable. But then, perhaps, the other side could become the "real" MC-Alumni section.<br><br>Give it a new name and description, something that isn't stigmatizing members and potential visitors as fanatics!<br><br>How about it folks? Nothing would be lost and a lot could be gained!<br><br> <br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: ichi

Re: - 01/22/08 02:18 AM

One can NOT discuss anything in the Lounge, and the PSB is NOT only for political topics.<br><br>this makes no sense to me. i am one like others have said in the other thread --that is, for me all you need is two forums. but as i mentioned earlier, isn't that why so many came over here way back when?<br><br>so if i've just somehow ruined your intention here with your good idea, i know not how except what has been put forth numerous times before. <br><br><insert gratuitous remark.><br><br>but as far as your quote at the top of this reply goes: why would it be, or why is it that, if i'm reading this right, the PSB is not "equal under the law" so to speak? --if i'm reading correctly.<br><br>i'm simply wishing to understand, not advocate. if you want my support, for what i'm not sure, you have it. i trust you. :)<br><br>c.f. crefbanyyl, nf sne nf hfre pbageby tbrf, erzrzore guvf nva'g zps. zps vf qrnq, trg bire vg. wink bx gung jnf zrna. vg'f whfg n wbxr.<br><br><br><br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 04:05 AM

So are you asking for a name change to MC Alumni or dropping the soap box from the name?<br><br>Personally, I don't care if the name is changed but I'm mixed about merging the 2 forums. I like the way it is now and part of me thinks that the latest wave of people from MCF just need to get used to the way things are over here. Granted, it wasn't a busy forum, but we did like it here. We had our share of bumps along the way, but just like you all did at the old MCF, we created this home.<br><br>Let me switch this around: If MM had shut down and we all went to MCF and upon entering, within a matter of weeks we started asking for changes to make MCF more like MM. What would you say then?<br><br><br><br><br>my photos

Re: - 01/22/08 04:08 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>this makes no sense to me.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>ichi, very little of your posts make sense to me. <br><br>Actually, it kind of reminds me of emails from my 79 year old mother: full of shortcuts that nobody understands. But she's old and on a lot of pain medications for arthritis.<br><br>my photos
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 04:28 AM

Please quite trying to make MacMinute like MacCentral. This is not MacCentral and hopefully it never will never resemble the place that many of us left years ago.<br><br>Some of us LONG TIME MacMinute members left MacCentral because we did not like it there...plain and simple. <br><br>MacMinute was haven from the things we disliked about MacCentral and needs to remain that way.<br><br>I do not care if the Soapbox name changes but remember, this is not MacCentral! <br><br><br><br>_______<br>
Posted by: watcher

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 04:33 AM

This is why I came here from MCF and I don't really care for American politics.<br><br>I don't care if people talk about it.. As long as they don't bring it to every discussion. I can choose to not read threads I know will be arguments about issues that are domestic to the USA.<br>Yes I know these arguments all have outcomes which affect me severely but I am sure none there want to hear me whine about the way American politics treats the rest of the world.<br><br>
Posted by: keymaker

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:16 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Give it a new name and description<p><hr></blockquote><p> You have obviously posted this in the wrong forum. You could always make that suggestion in the Site Suggestion For.... no wait! We already know that there aren't going to be any changes so perhaps the suggestion should be that the Site Suggestion Forum be scrapped... or at least re-named but then how can that happen if there are going to be any changes? I give up.<br><br>km<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:19 AM

Some others did the same a few weeks ago, proudly trying to outdo one another in their utter disdain for that nasty section.... that rowdy Ghetto.<br><br>I really don't understand the compulsion to merge everything - there's *plenty* of thriving communities (Ars Technica to name one) that segregate their topics & the members seem to get along fine in that type of structured environment.<br><br>If you're looking to encourage fellow MM members to engage in political banter that's one thing, but encouraging wholesale forum changes just *isn't* going to fly with those of us who've remained here because of the current layout.<br><br>That said, I would welcome a name change for the Soapbox if you feel it would give the forum a more positive connotation.<br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:33 AM

<br>[color:blue]If MM had shut down and we all went to MCF and upon entering, within a matter of weeks we started asking for changes to make MCF more like MM. What would you say then?</font color=blue><br><br>But they did do that!<br>There was a time at MC when a number of people who spent most of their time here - among them a very vociferous husband/wife team - spearheaded the move to split the MC Lounge into a regular and political one.<br>That split was effected against the wishes of many older members, until finally, JD realized that we were able to police ourselves quite well and re-instituted the single forum.<br><br>I am not asking for ANY changes, other than a name for the Political SoapBox, which is not a priori stigmatizing.<br>The forum descriptions are a)incorrect and b) limiting.<br>What happens to a thread about genetically modified foods, which then turns into global domination of the agriculture market by a few corporations?<br>It isn't strictly a political topic, and perhaps others might also be interested. But currently, it either languishes over in the Ghetto, or it suddenly is moved somewhere else. Does that make sense?<br>There are plenty of topics like that, religion, health-care, education, and so on.... they all have social components as well as political ones, and as soon as those come out.... out the thread goes?<br><br>Wouldn't it make more sense to simply widen the definition of the place which most of you MMers don't visit anyway? I wouldn't consider that infringiung on your lives but perhaps making better used of the attic. :)<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: - 01/22/08 05:35 AM

<br>you get used to ichi writing in riddles ;)<br><br><br><br>

Okay then! - 01/22/08 05:37 AM

<br>I just would like a new name for the SoapBox!<br>And a better description ...... perhaps we could make that a project for the day?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:38 AM

well, i consider myself a MM member and not someone just arriving. i agree with Eck, fwiw. if the Mac Tech forum is going to become a vibrant part of the MM experience then i'd prefer MM to be 2 main forums just like it was a few weeks ago when folks rarely used the Mac Tech forum and it had another name. MM has long been a 2 forum community for all intents and purposes. now folks here are acting like MC is trying to change it to 2 forums. from my perspective, it's changed to 3 forums just in the past few weeks. some of us like the MM we had with just weeks ago.<br><br>my recommendation would be to have a Mac Tech forum and a Lounge forum for non-Apple and technology talk. but that's not happening. <br><br>perhaps we can call the Reader Cafe something different since i am not technically supposed to discuss the articles i read on the MM front page here any more. my recommendation is as follows:<br>Mac Talk (or Reader Cafe)<br>Fluff and Stuff<br>Thinking Cap<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by FSM on 01/22/08 08:51 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

great! - 01/22/08 05:42 AM

[color:blue]I do not care if the Soapbox name changes....</font color=blue><br><br>now we are getting somewhere!<br>Think of it this way: maybe you're not losing an (unloved) division but gaining a community! :)<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:54 AM

then i'd prefer MM to be 2 main forums just like it was a few weeks ago<br><br>Difference is, I think most of the members here always *wanted* a more thriving Tech-related forum, but it never got off the ground because of a lack of traffic.<br><br>Besides, your motivation for wanting everything to be merged seems to be based more on OCD and/or or a reluctance to have more than one window or tab open... <br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 06:02 AM

[color:blue]I am sure none there want to hear me whine about the way American politics treats the rest of the world.</font color=blue><br><br>Why do you think that?<br>Party politics are boring for the most part, but everything else of importance in the world, is somehow political.<br>I have learned a great deal from my years at MC. Interesting links to articles and films, and just reading what others believe and think.<br>And for the most part, even during the heated times of 2003, discourse can remain civil.<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Topper

I don't care... - 01/22/08 06:09 AM

Whatever everybody decides is fine by me.<br>I'll be relaxing over at Mac Tech. <br>I'll be back when I see the puff of white smoke.<br><br><br>

well then..... - 01/22/08 06:10 AM

<br>[color:blue]I think most of the members here always *wanted* a more thriving Tech-related forum, but it never got off the ground because of a lack of traffic.</font color=blue><br><br>... having us come over may help with that! <br>Our General Forum was quite active, and there are plenty of people here, who have questions and can offer advice. <br><br>I understand and respect your desire to have a zero-controversy room, this one, and since that 3-room set-up is already fait accompli, wouldn't this be an ideal time, to look at the furniture?<br><br>If SoapBox were to become something like "Current Affairs" where all interesting topics could be discussed from various angles, I think that would add to the usefulness of those 3 rooms.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 06:13 AM

I like it here because of the way the categories of topics are split. I think it is just right but see no reason you can't rename the political forum. <br>I am not the top poster although I am here everyday. I welcome the new people as it is nice to see some names I remember however I don't relish combining any of the forums. I now check the tech section much more. <br><br>oh yeah, that's going in the blog

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 06:21 AM

my motivation is that i my thinking isn't compartmentalized. when i walk into the coffee lounge at work, we talk about work and about politics and about family and life. real people having real discussions. the benefit to being online is that i don't have to sit and listen to Carol talk about her granddaughter when i am online . . . i can just skip right past her post or her topics. easy. but to move Carol to a room down the hall seems silly when i can just skip her posts online when i am not in the mood. score 1 for online discussions without the need to compartmentalize and segregate.<br><br>but, this is a losing position. people are set to have MM now be a 3 forum community. i agree that the political forum should probably be named Current Events and i'd like to see the Reader Cafe get a new name as well since the naming changes are already happening. <br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 06:35 AM

I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but forum behavior doesn't emulate 'real world' discussions 100% of the time. Whereas facial expressions and tone of voice can go a long way towards maintaining civility in a conversation in meat space, "smilies" don't always cut it here in cyberspace.<br><br>Not to mention that everyone's level of courage increases tenfold when hiding behind an online persona. If half the stuff said to me online was presented to my face in 'real life', there'd probably be punches thrown at some point.<br><br><br><br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>
Posted by: Lea

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 06:36 AM

What is with your obsession over the name?<br><br>You assume that those of us that enjoy the Box should agree that the name is somehow offensive and discourages other folks from joining in the political discussions. You assume an awful lot. yoyo did a very good job of explaining the concept of the name. Nobody, until you began to complain, has suggested the "name" is inappropriate. Nor do we feel marginalized by discussing politics in a separate room. You assume we do.<br><br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> I wouldn't consider that infringing on your lives but perhaps making better used of the attic.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I wouldn't consider visiting your home and renaming the street it's located on, especially if my visit was prompted by the destruction of my own home. <br><br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>wouldn't this be an ideal time, to look at the furniture?<p><hr></blockquote><p>See above analogy. MM is what it is and we love it as much as you loved MC. Your assumptions and suggestions that we rearrange the furniture to accommodate you is pompous, and really, insulting. It ain't broke, it doesn't need fixing, and thank the fora gods, it isn't MC.<br><br>Quit trying to remake this place in the image of something you've lost and show some respect for those of us that are very happy here, in spite of your generously joining us in your time of need.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 06:53 AM

<br>Pompous, to ask for a different name?<br><br>[color:blue]show some respect for those of us that are very happy here, in spite of your generously joining us in your time of need.</font color=blue><br><br>and what is That? ;)<br>One might think you were paying the bills for this place yourself in all that generosity.<br><br>More members means more traffic, and that might well be in the interest of the owner and make this place, which clearly had been rather low volume (see MOD's comments), a more viable proposition.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 06:59 AM

are you honestly pulling the "this is my home" card? <br><br>really?<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 07:13 AM

If this was real life I would have popped that beachball with the bullpen rake a long time ago.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 07:16 AM

<br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 07:16 AM

Nothing wrong with Soapbox - quite apropos, in fact.<br><br>Perhaps a better idea would be for the moderators to provide more fitting titles to members; many come to mind, but I'm sure wouldn't be appreciated by the "thin-skinned".<br><br><br>- alec -
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 07:46 AM

I have to wonder why a simple name change to a freakin Web forum is all that important when the subject matter inside it remains the same? What difference does it make if it's called Soapbox or anything else. Call it the sh!t-slinging forum for all I care... LOL.<br><br>Gaaahhh... <br><br>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 07:46 AM

Not everyone is as obsessed with politics as you are, and we don't want it thrown in our faces at every turn. There are many things in life more important than the rich's games of power that we have no control over. Politics spoiled many a decent thread over at MCF that started out non-political.<br><br>And Soapbox *is* the perfect word, re: Alec's wiki link.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 07:50 AM

Bravo, Reboot!<br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 08:00 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Not everyone is as obsessed with politics as you are, and we don't want it thrown in our faces at every turn. There are many things in life more important than the rich's games of power that we have no control over. Politics spoiled many a decent thread over at MCF that started out non-political.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Exactly and I have noticed the mudslinging has started here too. It needs to stay with the dead MacCentral forum.<br><br>_______<br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 08:03 AM

I don't care either way..<br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>
Posted by: GingerBreadMan

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 08:06 AM

Dear Moderator,<br><br>Please move this thread to the Site suggestions forum where it belongs.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>GBM<br><br><br><br>I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 08:08 AM

To quote a friend of mine:<br><br>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA<br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 08:18 AM

Well said, Reboot. I would, however, respectfully suggest that the MM Admin create a new room here: The Whine Bar.<br><br>And I would like to congratulate those who are now forced to slum here on having improved MM's Google ranking significantly. If you type in "arrogance", MM now pops up on page one!<br><br>Well, now I've killed two birds (not you, Candy) with one stone: I've added my worthless opinion to this equally worthless thread (gotta love consistency); and I've answered ichi's question.<br><br>Lucky me — I've just maxxed out my post quota for the next 3 months.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 08:18 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention;<br><br><br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 08:19 AM

Yo.<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game
Posted by: garyW

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 08:36 AM

Hey Steve, good to see you! Pull up a chair and stay for a while, can I get you a sandwich or something? <br><br><br>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 08:39 AM

Looking at this thread, it is obvious that many of the grievances that people have against one another here are much much much older than the death of the MacCentral Forums.<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 08:43 AM

<br><br>Now there's a face we've missed . . . wait . . . . . . where's your face? Where's the rest of you?!?<br><br><br> <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 09:06 AM

<br>You may consider dropping a line to Stan the Man, requesting that<br>another forum be added as an Alumni Hangout, if you wish & vote <br>on the name of your choosing.<br><br>As far as taking away our PoliSoapBox, I don't think that's a very <br>good idea with yet another election already in the works. <br>Personally I'd have no objection to annexing a new neighborhood <br>that we could visit freely and become even better(at least closer)<br>friends.<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 09:14 AM

Eck, ichi. I really don't get you. You have a place at MM where you can engage in relatively free and rowdy political exchange without fear of being banned or having the thread deleted yet you want more? ..... and what the heck is wrong with the name? <br><br>As Alec pointed out, it's very apropos. I don't imagine the folks standing on their soapboxes in Hyde Park consider it demeaning. I guess Eck can be forgiven, being German, if his grasp of the English language is not on the same level as those of us this side of the pond and that the use of the word "soapbox" is neither demeaning nor derogatory.<br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 09:24 AM

Would you consider the Largely Disused MEMBER PROJECTS Forum?<br>Simple make YOUR MEMBER PROJECT: The MC Alumni Project! <br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 09:34 AM

<br>[color:blue]Eck can be forgiven, if his grasp of the English language is not on the same level as those of us this side of the pond ...</font color=blue><br><br>I did post graduate work in English and have sufficient grasp of the language, to understand the origin of the word SoapBox. But the origin of a word does not cover its etymological development.<br><br>While Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park retained its neutral connotations, "there he goes on his soap box again" certainly has gained entirely different overtones, which Wiki also takes note of by adding "It is also used to express concerns or to release frustration."<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 09:40 AM

<br>no no no, for heaven's sake, nothing should be taken away!!! <br>There#s the election campaign, the economy, Iran, so much I'd like to tell you about Europe and especially Sarkozy .... nope, a wide-open discussion floor is absolutely needed.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Jashue

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 09:41 AM

"Whine Bar"<br><br>Hey that's really, really witty!<br><br>

now .... - 01/22/08 09:43 AM

<br>... that was a constructive post!<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 09:43 AM

Or, 'whitty', as it were?<br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>
Posted by: Phosphor

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 09:45 AM

I know the confab has evolved, but DANG! I never thought my complaint about having a thread moved would have generated this much energy.<br><br><OL><B>"my motivation is that i my thinking isn't compartmentalized."</B></OL>and<OL><B>"I don't care if people talk about it.. As long as they don't bring it to every discussion. I can choose to not read threads I know will be arguments..."</B></OL>These two statements pretty much cover my conflict about what's going on with this discussion.<br><br>I bring my experience from the Adobe Forums to bear in my preferences regarding whether forums are subdivided and how.<br><br>Over there, for the first 4+ years of my regular participation there, the "Hosts" (Mods) were continually reminding people that the discussions were to be kept focused on Photoshop, or Illustrator, or Acrobat or whatever, and when confabs drifted too far away from their respective headers, the Hosts would play Nanny/Cop and remind folks to get back on track or the thread would be locked down to being Read-Only. Not infrequently, the Hosts would be a little more vigorous and rigid about their reminders and decisions than many of the regulars were comfortable with. Often, off-topic replies were edited out by the Hosts. I don't know of ANY forum where people cotton to having their words removed.<br><br>At one point it was suggested that an off-topic Lounge should be created as a sub-forum of the Photoshop Forums (the Mac and Windows forums were separate, and were by far the most heavily traveled forum of all of Adobes product forums). After all, there were many folks there who had gotten to know each other well, and we wanted a place to talk about our favorite music, complaints about customers, jobs & cow-orkers, sports, movies, and anything else that might come up between friends.<br><br>After some time and discussion among hosts and paid Adobe administrators, the Photoshop Lounge was created. It got going, and turned rambunctious pretty quickly. We loved it because we were finally free to stray from strict discussions of <B><I>just</B></I> Photoshop. Some of the more staid regulars who visited early on didn't find it to their liking, and complained that it should be abolished. It wasn't Adobe's place to host such a "chatty" and wild forum on their dime.<br><br>We long-time regular participants on the Adobe Forums who loved the idea of an off-topic Lounge countered with a couple good arguments:<OL>[*]Where do they think Adobe's "dime" comes from? That's right—the customers who buy their products. We regular visitors and contributors, who know the product so well, and who spend untold hours volunteering our time and knowledge <B><I><U>for free</U></I></B> to help folks learn and understand the application. We're faster to respond and collectively know more about Photoshop than Adobe's own technical support employees. We, who are ostensibly acting as a vast, unpaid—and extremely valuable—resource representing Adobe's products really do deserve to have our wishes considered.[*]Without the Lounge's presence—people being how they are—the off-topic conversations which caused the Hosts so much consternation would simply return to the main Photoshop Forums.</OL>So, the Lounge stayed. And it's evolved. It's gotten pretty crazy at times, but it's survived through several threats to shut it down. All we needed to do was remind the Hosts how much hassle they had to deal with before its creation. Most of the Hosts and the paid Adobe admins now agree that it was a pretty good idea.<br><br>The Adobe Photoshop Lounge started out as a free-for-all. Hardly anything except porn/seriously vulgar was off limits, and we really didn't have much of a problem with that anyway, as we were 99.5% 20-some years old or more, with many of us in our 30's 40's and 50's or older, like here at MacMinute. Self-regulation worked and the nasty stuff wasn't really an issue...we just all kind of gravitated toward topics we were all, collectively, comfortable with. <br><br>And again—people being how they are—topics might start out on one thing, then drift into something completely different, changing direction many times, the longer folks kept replying to it. But this was pretty much OK, because it was the Lounge. But eventually, consensus demanded that we ought to try to keep certain things contained to particular threads. Several of us were quite vocal about our dislike of having so many different threads drift into political arguments; after all, almost anything can be related to whatever is going on in the political environment of the times, so it was easy and common for this to happen. So we decided it would be best to start one or two threads that were reserved for JUST political discussions. This worked really well, and this bit of self-regulation was heeded by almost everybody (we have one bad-ass over there who won't follow ANYONE'S directives).<br><br>Then, other topics started getting their own threads, such as:<OL><LI>"What Music Are You Playing Today?"<LI>"Biblioholics Anonymous"<LI>"Geeky Cool Science Stuff"<LI>"Be-eer!"<LI>"Production Gripes"<LI>"The Movies"<LI>"R.I.P."<LI>"NFL-(fill in the year)"<LI>"Baseball (fill in the year)"<LI>"Stories About Our Kids"<LI>"The Weather"<LI>"Who's Going to Be The Next President?"[*]"What's On The Menu Now?"<LI>"Quote of the Day"<LI>"News Snippets"<LI>"YouTube, Google Video, etc--Links to the Brilliant, Hilarious and Thought-Provoking" (we can't embed video or audio over there)</OL>This has worked out really well, mostly because it has become accepted practice among the regulars. Since these are popular topics, they get posted to often. Another reason it works is because the threads that are posted to most recently get popped up to the top of the thread title index, keeping them visible and viable. That happens to threads here as well, depending on how the user has set their preferences.<br><br>5+ years on, the Adobe Photoshop Lounge continues to thrive, and has been a gathering place for a bunch of people who have grown to like—or at the very least, respect— each other. It's not always a land of milk & honey, but it works better than any alternative that anyone has come up with.<br><br>On the one hand, I kind of like things to be compartmentalized here, just as I like it in the Adobe Photoshop Lounge. It makes things easy to find, and when we have a topic to add to one of the popular topics, we know right where to go. And so does everyone else who might just want to read, perhaps looking for a political discussion, or a book or movie recommendation, or to read about some newly discovered band.<br><br>Case in point in the MM forum:<br>The thread I started called "The self-rising all food & recipe thread." It seems pretty popular, and the theory seems to work here as well—people who want to yack specifically about that topic know where to go, and when it gets replied to, it pops up to the top (well, at least for those of us who have set our MM Forum prefs to make that happen).<br><br>On the other hand, that fact of life remains: Threads will drift. No big deal. That's the nature of conversation among friends. It's no great shakes if a thread starts off about, say, the TV show "24", for example, and then veers into how to grab it using your Apple TV set-up, or if references are made between the TV show and current politics. But if the confab wants to continue in that vein, perhaps by mutual agreement we could all decide to move it to a more appropriate thread. Surely there will be disagreement about when the discussion should be continued in that more appropriate thread, but hey, we're all fairly reasonable adults. We can work it out just fine...<br><br>...And with barely any interaction by a moderator.<br><br>I'm not saying that things here should operate exactly like they do in the Adobe Photoshop Lounge, but over there we've come up with some pretty good ways to deal with the issues being discussed in this thread.<br><br>IMNSO, moderators should go about their business with kid gloves and an <B><I>extremely</I></B> light touch. This is especially true if they're not also regular participants, and/or if they choose to remain relatively anonymous (Who is [color:green] "Moderator"</font> here, Greenme?..I'm not even sure). Killing Spam and spanking the obviously interloping hit-and-run trolls about the only things I think they're really needed for. We're mostly all big boys and girls. We don't need to be fussed over, or told what we may speak about, or admonished because we posted something in the wrong place. <B><I><U>WE</B></I></U> are the community here, and as big boys and girls of a reasonably well-adjusted social nature, we can do a fine job of policing ourselves, If we need your help, we all know how to use the Private Messaging system in place here.<br><br>—(Apologies to those who hate long posts, but better I say it all in one place than to break the continuity. I'm working up to applying for the job of becoming Shooshie's assistant genius )<br><br><br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 09:51 AM

Regarding the name of the "Political Soapbox" section:<br><br>What has always come to my mind's eye when I think of that name is the area of Hyde Park in London (I think that's where it is) where folks regularly hold forth on whatever topic they choose—often it's politics—by standing on a box and just letting 'er fly.<br><br>Because of that imagery, I find the title of that sub-forum rather quaint and amusing.<br><br><B>(ADDENDUM: Oh...I went back and read the stuff I missed while I was composing the long reply, and I see that you already referred to "Speaker's Corner", Eckhard. I was just happy I got the location of the park right, having never been there! )</B><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Phosphor on 01/22/08 12:54 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 09:55 AM

Eck, give it up.<br><br>Just open all three rooms in tabs and call it a day.<br><br>What bothers me here is those that seem to be adopting such a hostile attitude towards others that have the gall (as they would put it) to suggest that the current way of doing things maybe isn't exactly ideal. It's one thing to say "things have been this way and they are working just fine." But it's quite another to say so while showing one's teeth.<br><br>And that attitude brings out the worst in me (and others I imagine) therefore perpetuating the situation. Case in point: someone posted a screenshot showing that they hadn't visited the political room as if it was a badge of honor. It disgusted me. Badge of honor? In such dire times, I would think that it might be a full of subjects that (you know, might possibly) be worth a look. But no.... That badge of honor was, if you ask me, a badge of disgrace. <br><br>But I digress...<br><br>Those individuals (for all I know) feed their minds elsewhere and come to MM for escape (doubt it though), and that's fine. <br><br>Enough rambling... <br><br>Just open the three rooms in tabs and drop the topic. And let this godforsaken thread drop into oblivion.<br><br>I'm out<br><br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 10:05 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Case in point: someone posted a screenshot showing that they hadn't visited the political room as if it was a badge of honor. It disgusted me. Badge of honor? In such dire times, I would think that it might be a full of subjects that (you know, might possibly) be worth a look. But no.... That badge of honor was, if you ask me, a badge of disgrace. <br><br>But I digress...<p><hr></blockquote><p>LOL. It's a badge of disgrace because "someone" doesn't think like you and share your interests exactly? That's not very open minded either, now is it?<br><br>Yeah, you digressed alright.<br><br>Signed,<br><br>Someone (who doesn't share all of your interests but allows you to pursue yours without ridicule)<br><br>------> JD's Trivia game<br><br>------> MCF-MM Trivia game

huh? - 01/22/08 10:06 AM

[color:blue]I have noticed the mudslinging has started here too</font color=blue><br><br>where has there been any mud slinging???<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 10:10 AM

<OL><B>"And that attitude brings out the worst in me (and others I imagine) therefore perpetuating the situation. Case in point: someone posted a screenshot showing that they hadn't visited the political room as if it was a badge of honor. It disgusted me."</B></OL>OK, so it disgusted you. And you told everyone how you felt. That's cool. But not everyone agrees with you. We're different, that is to be expected, just move along and find something you like.<OL><B>"And let this godforsaken thread drop into oblivion."</B></OL>Or not. You've been here, you've read through some or all of this thread, so you know the tenor and the main arguments being presented. You can choose to continue to reply, or you can ignore it.<br><br>Ain't it great to have free will and some room to speak your mind—or not?<br><br><br><br>

well now, reboot, old buddy .... - 01/22/08 10:14 AM

<br>... at MC you started many a political thread yourself (one of the last ones I recall was the one about Germany and Scientology). And now, over here, you say how little you care for politics?<br>I don't quite get that. Ah well...... <br><br>Me, I'm the same old opinionated, ornery grump, wherever I am. One of the nice things of getting older. ;)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 10:45 AM

I get the impression around here that it is not just a simple issue of having a topic here or there or even an issue with how the separations are enforced. The problem here is how people identify with the various forums and more importantly, how they prefer to disassociate with the others.<br><br>Although Biggerfoot's statement with the forum screenshot could have been, "I don't like that topic, let me show you how much." Look at it from the perspective of someone who might identify with that forum. Imagine if it was the Lounge that was neglected in the picture. It could easily be interpreted as a snub.<br><br>In that case, it's not a ghetto because Stan Flak made it that way. It's a ghetto because we members continue to make it so.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 10:48 AM

Disgust is probably a strong word, but I don't think it's out of line to be disappointed at all. It's one thing in a class of 30 to ignore 10 people. It's another to show off to the other 20 how little you care about what the 10 are saying.<br><br>I regret that anyone feels that way.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 10:57 AM

<OL><B>"Imagine if it was the Lounge that was neglected in the picture. It could easily be interpreted as a snub."</B></OL>Meh...I'd take it like I would any other opinion. I'm free to agree or not. It wasn't like he tried to quantify the reasons why the Sopabox forum wasn't worth visiting, thereby attempting to foist his opinion as fact. It ain't no big deal, IMO.<OL><B>"In that case, it's not a ghetto because Stan Flak made it that way. It's a ghetto because we members continue to make it so."</B></OL>Prezactly. It thrives or dies on its own merits and the will of the folks who participate.<br><br>My feelings about the fate of the Soapbox forum are neutral, either way. I choose not to participate, because I prefer to hear tone-of-voice and see body language when a topic is so highly charged. Others are game for it. So it goes.<br><br><br>
Posted by: zwei

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 11:04 AM

Here's my...<br><br><br><br>zweisoft<br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:04 AM

This certainly is a forum with a history of passive-aggressive swipes and territorial fights between forum members. Gladly, many of those participants have been shamed into either infrequent posting or have disappeared altogether. So I'm not neccessarily saying that I believe Biggerfoot or anyone else intended to insult other forum members and it would not be appropriate to share my opinion on their intentions. However, there is plenty of rationale to see it as rude or an attack.<br><br>I think it goes back to some acrimony between posters that needs to be dealt with directly. I personally don't believe that having separate forums or what they are called is the root problem here. The problem is that some people don't get along with others.<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:07 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>What bothers me here is those that seem to be adopting such a hostile attitude towards others that have the gall (as they would put it) to suggest that the current way of doing things maybe isn't exactly ideal. It's one thing to say "things have been this way and they are working just fine." But it's quite another to say so while showing one's teeth.<br><br>And that attitude brings out the worst in me (and others I imagine) therefore perpetuating the situation. Case in point: someone posted a screenshot showing that they hadn't visited the political room as if it was a badge of honor. It disgusted me. Badge of honor? In such dire times, I would think that it might be a full of subjects that (you know, might possibly) be worth a look. But no.... That badge of honor was, if you ask me, a badge of disgrace. <p><hr></blockquote><p>Disgrace? What a pompous attitude. Illustrating that one is not interested in what new people are proposing to change is not disgusting, it is making a point against the integration of the forums. Contribute several thousand posts here first before you start trying to throw your weight around and accuse other members that that they are disgusting since they do not wish become involved in the Soapbox discussions. I am sure there are other long time members with the same numbers with the other sections. <br><br>It is an individual's choice on what they wish to view and participate in...nothing more or less. Who cares what others are looking at? Why in the world would it offend anyone if a person does not wish to look at a series of posts? The uniqueness of MacMinute's Lounge is the fact that for those wishing to avoid the political banner, can. I would not be offended, or disappointed, one bit if people did not want to view my latest motorcycle, cat, or weight room photo...it is about choice. Here at MacMinute, there is choice<br><br>However, I am pissed and am probably showing my teeth. The fact that several MacCentral refugees are wishing to make MacMinute like the dead MC forums is not appreciated. The harshness of MacCentral chased me away years ago and after being a regular here for years and seeing new folks wanting to change MM to MacCentralv2 is upsetting. As a result, I will speak up. This is not MacCentral and I hope it never will be.<br><br>_______<br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:11 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>It's one thing in a class of 30 to ignore 10 people. It's another to show off to the other 20 how little you care about what the 10 are saying.<p><hr></blockquote><p>We aren't saying we don't care what you have to say ...we are saying we don't care what you have to say about POLITICS<br><br>I would love to hear what you 10 people have to say about AppleScript ...or AAPL stock ....or Apple sauce for that matter.<br><br>This makes me wonder if there are people in knitting forums that are absolutely pissed that I'm not paying attention to them either! <br><br><br>PS ...THIS THREAD IS NOW MACCENTRAL APPROVED!<br><br><br><br><br>zweisoft<br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:13 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>So I'm not neccessarily saying that I believe Biggerfoot or anyone else intended to insult other forum members and it would not be appropriate to share my opinion on their intentions. However, there is plenty of rationale to see it as rude or an attack.<p><hr></blockquote><p>So, you are saying that you have read everyone one of my 3247 posts? If not, what's the difference from me not reading political posts and you not reading all of my posts? I do not see your rationale at all.<br><br>_______<br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:16 AM

Woah... showing your teeth?<br><br>A long time ago, I was posting in both forums when things got a little wonky at MacCentral. I can't remember what exactly was happening (maybe a sockpuppet episode or some other nonsense) and I commented on it here. I was warned by another member, not about my participation here, but by a member concerned about creating acrimony between the two forums given that several people posted in both. I never forgot that.<br><br>No one can begrudge you for wanting to take a stake in this place and protect its integrity, but it sounds in your writing like you need to deal with your problems directly with the people you are talking to. Why begrudge MacCentral when nearly all of us once posted there?<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:20 AM

I am talking about the integrated political banter that seemed to creep into many of the posts...that was not a rare occurrence. If MC would of kept their political forum, it probably would have been a bit different. However, IMO, MacCentral was not a fun place to visit. <br><br><br>_______<br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:23 AM

It seems a little strange that you are taking exception with me for only saying that I understand how people would be offended. What's the problem with trying to see it someone else's way?<br><br>-- Cee Bee Double-U

Re: - 01/22/08 11:26 AM

this is insane isn't it?<br><br>anyway, my crypt is ROT13. with all the mischaracterizations you've endured you may as well endure that. i AM sorry. smilie.<br><br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:35 AM

I'm loving every minute of this thread ...you have no idea how funny it is to me to see people arguing over such trivial things. <br><br>People are offended by my disinterest in politics?? Does that not sound a bit crazy to you? <br><br>zweisoft<br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:35 AM

I totally agree with you.<br><br>I get along fine with most everyone here and even more so since I don't have to deal with the political stuff.<br><br>The thing I don't like is when someone starts a thread that is right on the edge of a political post and then it spills into politics. I see politics on TV, read it in the paper, and hear it in real life. When I come here to MacMinute, I want to talk Macs or whatever else, except for politics and religion.<br><br><br><br>my photos

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 11:36 AM

Zwei,<br><br>This reminds me of the Stewie and Brian "over" gag from Family guy. Can't imbed, only link.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:36 AM

I'm offended by your laughing over people who are offended by your disinterest in politics!! <br><br><br><br><br>my photos

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 11:36 AM

I want an "I Am Sooooooo NOT Offended" badge. Think I can get one with my 43 FunTrivia Bucks? <br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 11:39 AM

...yeah, I kinda get that too.<br><br>zweisoft<br>

Here, let me help you with that link <br><br>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5LUvOzuQHM<br><br><br><br>my photos

As Matt would say, "Nice Try" with the Family Guy clip - my Soapbox numbers remain intact. <br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:40 AM

BF, you seem quite adept at being able to avoid threads and topics, etc. per your screenshot so i am not sure i see how this is getting you so heated. i get the sense that you aren't against politics as much as you just don't like what you perceive to be an argument even if the participants in the debate aren't feeling the hostility like you are.<br><br>the great divide here is in the perceptions . . . some people perceive a debate to be unruly and spiteful and other people see the same debate as entertainment and fun.<br><br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:41 AM

And some here just don't want to read about politics.<br><br>my photos

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:47 AM

Pompous? I rather doubt it. I think my comment speaks to the very condition of our democracy.<br><br>So you don't care to think about current events? Well I hate to break it to ya, but that's how you get a guy like Bush in office. You think it doesn't affect you? Well have you lost a loved one in this pointless war yet?<br><br>But keep in mind-- I held my tongue in the interest of peace when you first posted your lovely little screen shot. I've been playing by the rules of this place-- and pretty happily too. Only now, since the topic has been brought up do I feel motivated to engage. I'm not interested in changing this place-- never said I was. But just because I don't have thousands of posts logged here doesn't make me (or shouldn't) a second class citezen! Its a shame you think it does.<br><br>I gotta stop. Writing on this iPhone isn't as easy as I'd like (getting an oil change).<br><br>
Posted by: MicMeister

...oh well... - 01/22/08 11:52 AM

I'm a bit amazed at what this whole thread turned into, really. This looks like a territorial feud already. Crazy. What was Eck's initial post about, anyway? I already forgot..oh yeah, briefly went back to check...sure, he started the thread and he got the most flak although there seemed to belong-time MM member agreeing with him and ho-hum...it started looking like someone overreacted to something someone else said and then someone else counteroverreacted and so on...well, the words seem quite civil thus far, eventhough certain hostility can be read between the lines, along with a lot of 'oh well' kind of attitude...oh well.<br><br>Exactly as FSM says:<br>"the great divide here is in the perceptions . . . some people perceive a debate to be unruly and spiteful and other people see the same debate as entertainment and fun."<br><br>...oh well...<br><br>I'm also seeing the entertainment aspect here, oh well.<br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 11:54 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>my Soapbox numbers remain intact.<p><hr></blockquote><p> Yeah, right. Admit it. You are a political voyeur who reads every single one of my posts over in the political soapbox but cannot admit it. You're probably a closet Red Sox fan too. You like Terry Francona. There are self help groups you can join for this. First you have to pop that beachball. Pop it. Pop it. Pop it now. You'll feel better. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 11:59 AM

<br><center><br><br><br><h1>[color:red]BINGO!</font color=red></h1><br><br><br><br></center><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 11:59 AM

I just had the strangest thing pop into my head. One that will surely scare the pants of the rest of you as well:<br><br>What would this thread look like, if ol' II would be participating?<br><br>Now feast on that for awhile.<br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 12:01 PM

<tt>II</TT> ought to be on the "He who shall not be named" list, lest we somehow spookily invoke his manifestation here.<br><br>"This is not here."

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 12:09 PM

There is another who should not be named. Rhymes with Mongrel. And the one blessed thing the non political readers have over us soapbox dwellers is they have never read a post from him. Could we somehow rename the SoapBox and not leave a forwarding address?<br><br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 12:12 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>What would this thread look like, if ol' II would be participating?<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>I dunno. There are only so many ways that one be called a retard!<br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 12:16 PM

Oh yeah, the Other One. At least this one wasn't quite as straightforward abusive as the first one mentioned who should not be named, but was on the same level otherwise. Though this latter one mentioned who should not be named at least had the understanding to stay out of the other places whereas the first one mentioned who should not be named might not have had that aforementioned understanding.<br><br>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 12:43 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>BF, you seem quite adept at being able to avoid threads and topics, etc. per your screenshot so i am not sure i see how this is getting you so heated. i get the sense that you aren't against politics as much as you just don't like what you perceive to be an argument even if the participants in the debate aren't feeling the hostility like you are.<p><hr></blockquote><p>It is because of these MacCentral type posts that has got me heated:<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>So you don't care to think about current events? Well I hate to break it to ya, but that's how you get a guy like Bush in office. You think it doesn't affect you? Well have you lost a loved one in this pointless war yet?<p><hr></blockquote><p>In all of the years I have been here, I have never once spoken out towards anyone here as it seemed virtually everyone always got along. Then comes this crap and it time to speak. <br><br>Thank you Jashue for proving my point about the MacCentral political banter being weaved into posts with your asinine comment. It included it all...Bush bashing...the War, all of the things that MacCentral has the reputation for and why so many of us left MacCentral to come here.<br><br>This is a plain and simple truth...I just do not want to hear about here either and OSXAddict stated it perfectly:<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I get along fine with most everyone here and even more so since I don't have to deal with the political stuff.<br><br>The thing I don't like is when someone starts a thread that is right on the edge of a political post and then it spills into politics. I see politics on TV, read it in the paper, and hear it in real life. When I come here to MacMinute, I want to talk Macs or whatever else, except for politics and religion.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br>_______<br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/22/08 12:56 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>So you don't care to think about current events?<p><hr></blockquote><p>if that was a response to OSXADDICT saying<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>And some here just don't want to read about politics.<p><hr></blockquote><p>then that's radical interpretation of the text, as they say.<br><br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 01:00 PM

I don't see the point of messing with something that basically works. If it fundamentally wasn't working, then a change would be in order (or a name change).<br><br>I wish I could show a screenshot of how high my unviewed Mac Tech post total is. The truth is I only go there if I have a problem or if I start to feel "guilty" (if that's the right word) of how high that little red number has reached.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 01:11 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I wish I could show a screenshot of how high my unviewed Mac Tech post total is<p><hr></blockquote><p>I SOOOO thought you were going to say "but I don't know how to take a screenshot" ..that would have been awesome <br><br>anywho ...I don't want this thread to get any lighter so I'm gonna pop back out <br><br>zweisoft<br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 01:20 PM

Ba-dum-bum-ding! Yeah, a similar line occurred to me, but I've missed my chance now. However, my actual reason is similar, but less humorous: I have no place to put up the screenshot so it could be viewed here, and no real interest in getting one, and wouldn't want to bother with putting the screenshot up, even if I could.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 01:25 PM

http://imageshack.us/<br><br>FREE and no registration required...<br><br>You can even download a widget to automatically upload images.<br><br>http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/25111/image-upload<br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 01:29 PM

So what does happen if a thread drifts from lounginess into politics - but then meanders further into mactechiness? One of the forums I visit has the capacity to 'split' a post off and relocate the 'off-topic' part to its own thread in the most suitable place. Wouldn't that be fun?<br>Props to you for making this such a multidisciplinary experience... <br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 01:29 PM

Thanks (cough), who knows, I might even look into it. <br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 01:34 PM

<br><br>zweisoft<br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 01:39 PM

i said earlier elsewhere i have no problem with the name. and i am not advocating or lobbying for anything. k? i support eck, yes, but i have no "horse in the race" as they say. a minor distinction but a distinction just the same; especially where it comes to characterization of my positions by others --even via association. if you're going to associate me do it correctly, please.<br><br>thank you, as you were.<br><br>btw, fyi, whether one knows one is standing upon stigma/discrimination, etc. (your soapbox) is irrelevant and offers no relief to those who believe the may be affected, regarding: I don't imagine the folks standing on their soapboxes in Hyde Park consider it demeaning. i.e., mb those are not are prejudiced bigots or just idiots, who knows.<br><br>again i have NO problem with it, at least mb NOW (mb not i guess i HAVE to now smile i'll start to think about it decide it is stigmatizing, so far i haven't thought about it nor researched it here or elsewhere.<br><br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by ichi on 01/22/08 04:46 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 03:07 PM

OCD would want more not less.<br><br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 03:09 PM

as i understand *this thread* in its original intent: that forum [tech] would remain changed.<br><br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 03:10 PM

I don't relish combining any of the forums. I now check the tech section much more. <br><br>as i understand *this thread* in its original intent: that forum [tech] would remain unchanged.<br><br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 03:14 PM

followed by lawsuits and jailtime. deal with it.<br><br>the pen is mightier than the sword; stick and stones are only temporary damages which serve to anger and beg vengeance.<br><br>(you wouldn't make it as a journalist or a cop. ;)<br><br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 03:29 PM

yoyo did a very good job of explaining the concept of the name.<br><br>how does s/he know he intent of the naming?<br><br>You assume that those of us that enjoy the Box should agree that the name is somehow offensive and discourages other folks from joining in the political discussions. You assume an awful lot. yoyo did a very good job of explaining the concept of the name. Nobody, until you began to complain, has suggested the "name" is inappropriate. Nor do we feel marginalized by discussing politics in a separate room. You assume we do.<br><br>those is ALL your assumptions. do you see somewhere where eck said you should agree with him?<br><br>i understand that you're acting out of anger though, no problem. i've acted the same way many times.<br><br>fyi, whenever you say "we" someone or some group is being left out aren't they? using "we" there must be some other.<br><br>i would think the idea of community or society is to unite not divide, granted MM is not such an entity.. it is private... even you are "other" here. i guess get used to it.<br>me? i could care less. <br><br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 04:02 PM

thank you! (for the link i mean.) i now see its pejorative nature and even so when used in the manner related here. <br><br>fascinating.<br><br>we know drama! don't "we". (the royal usage, of course.)<br><br>--some ppl are amicable to the special olympics/arguing online imagery whereas others see it as disgustingly crude. <br><br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>
Posted by: DLC

Re: I don't care... - 01/22/08 04:08 PM

"I'll be relaxing over at Mac Tech. <br>I'll be back when I see the puff of white smoke."<br>ROFL... <br>NOW that's funny, Topper !! <br><br><br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 04:59 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>show some respect for those of us that are very happy here, in spite of your generously joining us in your time of need.<p><hr></blockquote><p>There are literally millions of other places on the Internet people can, and do, go. It isn't that anyone NEEDED to come here. People came here because they like the people who hang out here. <br><br>Just wanted to get that straight... <br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:10 PM

I think I finally get it. You just have to have the last word. Is that it? You keep saying you don't care, you don't need a change, blah, blah, blah. Yet you keep posting reasons why it should change. You've said your peace, why don't you just shut up already?<br><br>Ever since you and a few others have arrived here we've had threads moved, locked and deleted. NONE of which had happened in as long as I can remember. We've had a few relatively minor arguments over the years here, but they're usually contained within a single thread (if not PM) and gone as quickly as they started. You've managed to keep this stupid buIlshlt going for over a week now.<br><br>I think I can safely speak for a good portion of people here when I beg you to either shut the hell up already and enjoy the fact that you have forums here at MM to participate in, or just get the hell out. We really don't care if you like it or not, nor do we care if you or anyone from MC like the name of any of the forums. We've managed to participate in the three main forums for years without issue. They're not perfect, but they are what they are.<br><br>And before you try to imply that this applies to everyone from MCF, don't bother. Because for the most part, most all of them have fit right in here as though they had been here the entire time. But you and a few others represent everything we hated about MCF, and why Macworld shut it down to begin with.<br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:13 PM

Perfectly stated.<br><br>Myself, I wouldn't mind if he took the option of leaving. Everyone else can stay. I just can't deal with his ramblings.<br><br>my photos
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:22 PM

Well said, Giz. I've been wanting to say STFU all week.<br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:27 PM

<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: GingerBreadMan

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:29 PM

"I think I can safely speak for a good portion of people here when I beg you to either shut the hell up already and enjoy the fact that you have forums here at MM to participate in, or just get the hell out."<br><br>well said Gizmo!<br><br>bravo! [insert trophy here]<br><br>I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:30 PM

Perhaps he can understand this:<br><br><br><br>my photos

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:31 PM

Ok guys, you made your point. Yeesh. Talk about mob mentality. <br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:34 PM

Ah but I bet he still doesn't get it.<br><br>my photos

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:35 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>...why don't you just shut up already? ...you've managed to keep this stupid buIlshlt going for over a week now.<br><br>I think I can safely speak for a good portion of people here when I beg you to either shut the hell up already and enjoy the fact that you have forums here at MM to participate in, or just get the hell out. <br><br>But you and a few others represent everything we hated about MCF, and why Macworld shut it down to begin with.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I support this perfect statement 100%! <br><br>I cringed when I saw a several of the MC refugees that were coming here for they were the reason why I left MC. I thought it would probably be okay for they would realize this place is different and therefore gave them the benefit of the doubt. Boy, it sure did not take long for the same old MC crap such as Jashue's, to show up here and prove me wrong.<br><br>For those MC folks that are not happy, please just leave and take your crap with you!<br><br><br><br>_______<br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:36 PM

Well, give him a chance to get it for crying out loud, you guys are getting more annoying than him across TWO threads. You've had it up to here, I get it. Move on.<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:37 PM

Oh, I know what you mean, it's just that watch, tonight he'll go on some ramble and post a gazillion responses.<br><br>my photos

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 05:43 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Oh, I know what you mean, it's just that watch, tonight he'll go on some ramble and post a gazillion responses.<p><hr></blockquote><p>As lanovami said, you are doing the same thing. Could you take some of your own advice and just chill? I did think ichi was annoying but the mob metality is surpassing him in spades.<br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 06:31 PM

interesting that some folks who hate confrontation are doing quite a bit themselves.<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 06:39 PM

<blockquote>I like it here because of the way the categories of topics are split. I think it is just right but see no reason you can't rename the political forum.<br><br>I am not the top poster although I am here everyday. I welcome the new people as it is nice to see some names I remember however I don't relish combining any of the forums. I now check the tech section much more.</blockquote><br><br>I like 3 forums. [If anyone is counting opinions ] I hoped that changing the name of the Tech Talk forum would increase usage, and it appears to be doing just that! I like being able to root out tech stuff there rather than have to pick it like daisies over in the Lounge. <br><br>As for changing the name of the 3rd forum, makes no difference to me. If a majority think it would be a neat thing to do, so be it! or . . . amen! <br><br>Just don't tell me and Bird and others to quit using smilies!!! <br><br><br><br><br><br>p.s.<br>I ain't de moderator. Pay was okay, but NO health benefits!!<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: bird

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 07:32 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Just don't tell me and Bird and others to quit using smilies!!! <p><hr></blockquote><p>Believe it or not kate I found out some folks don't like the smilies..... <br>I have proof<br> <br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 07:52 PM

Thread hijack.<br><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JpNNADzzuz8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JpNNADzzuz8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br><br>
Posted by: John_Lasruk

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 07:53 PM

You don't need proof — I confess that I dislike them myself, though I do use 'em on occasion. I just can't picture Churchill's History of the English Speaking Peoples written with smilies at the end of each paragraph. Or, how's about, "It was the best of times; it was the worst of times. "<br><br>(Not that I am attempting to place myself in exalted company.)<br><br>[color:blue]Laz, OFI[/i]<br><br>Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others. -Groucho</font color=blue><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 09:19 PM

<br>yerp!<br><br>...and as I'm so fond of saying... <br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 10:26 PM

I just don't see the problem here!<br><br>A few people asked a few questions, made a few inquiries, <br>and a few suggestions.<br><br>It was certainly not a reason to go off on a tirade about.<br><br>The attitude some people feel obligated to display toward<br>"The Denizens of the DARK Forum" indeed often chafes.<br>although I doubt the name is the nature of the problem.<br><br>Also people's bewilderment regarding what seems like an<br>unnecessary separation, due to what seems to be relatively<br>mild topics and discussions. But I can see where they'd get<br>that mistaken impression, since they'd not witnessed the <br>knock-down-drag-out blood-spattered-on-the-walls <br>fights that were there until fairly recently. <br><br>Personally I've been enjoying the relative calm, as a time <br>when topics could finally be discussed & explored without <br>being derailed and sidetracked in the attempt to shut down<br>discussions that might have yielded possible solutions.<br>While some members find a bar room brawl stimulating,<br>I find it unproductive. Lots of yelling, with nothing being<br>said may raise the bloodpressure, but it rarely leads to a<br>solution to a given situation. <br><br>That's why I was hoping the newer calmer discussion forum<br>would stay in tact, and welcome people to join that bring a<br>fresh outlook to the topics. LOL Fresh Blood, as it were, <br>...but not in the literal sense! <br><br>My suggestion <br>of converting the under-employed "Member's Projects"<br>Forum into a place where the Alumni could set up a place<br>that may seem more familiar to them was sincere, but it's<br>not mine to offer... ...it was just a quick fix... ...I still<br>think contacting Stan and petitioning him to add a new <br>room would be more permanent solution, since (as far as<br>I know) it's just a matter of the Administrator pushing a <br>few buttons, and VOILA'! New Forum Section! <br><br>That's not to exclude them from the existing forums...<br>by all means... I welcome the new members!!! It's just<br>that I think "they'd like a little place of their own".<br>It would be like a grand resort... cozy family cabins,<br>and a open common meeting/dining area with access to <br>services & entertainment.<br><br>IOW they are more than welcome to take advantage of <br>the main lounge, The tech forum, and the "Soapbox"<br>as the need or desire arises.<br><br>I doano... it's just a suggestion... I don't want to exclude<br>the new members... but rather the exact opposite... <br>I just think it's better than "STFU or LEAVE" that's pretty<br>much what some others seem to have suggested. <br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 10:33 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I just don't see the problem here!<br><br>A few people asked a few questions, made a few inquiries, <br>and a few suggestions.<br><br>It was certainly not a reason to go off on a tirade about.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Agreed!<br><br>&#63743; &#63743; &#63743; &#63743;
Posted by: Trog

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 10:43 PM

I hear ya.<br><br><br><br>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/22/08 10:58 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Boy, it sure did not take long for the same old MC crap such as Jashue's, to show up here and prove me wrong.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Piss off.<br><br>When I chimed in on this thread, my recommendation was to those to whom it concerned to leave well enough alone; to accept the structure of MM and be happy with it. Go ahead and re-read it. <br><br>Now you cling to this whole MC vs MM thing-- as if it holds any water. Well guess what? A lot of MC people are MM folks-- and vilifying a whole segment of those that participate here shouldn't endear you to anyone. It's just going result in more conflict.<br><br>And if you have issues with me? Well that's just sad. I've tried to be respectful to everyone I've come across on-line-- I really have. I bet a lot of people here could vouch for me on that (not that I'm looking for any character references). I can be a little intense, as I am a person of deep convictions-- but I try to be nice, which is more than I can say about you as reflected by some of you more recent posts.<br><br><br>
Posted by: MrB

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/23/08 01:02 AM

This is a pleasant forum. It's comfortable. I do prefer the ergonomics of the Old MCF as, to me, it was easier to manipulate.<br><br>dave<br><br><br><br>

Re: - 01/23/08 01:40 AM

did her.<br><br><br>hey, i have arthritis! but you knew that. wow, a mind reader. :P<br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: about so-called approved badges - 01/23/08 02:06 AM

(the "approved" stamp is making me post... again...) i had not, until now, read this entire thread --thus a few little reply quips... but i really must commend those who this early am entertainment possible.<br><br>this thread is RIOTOUS!<br><br>word to your sheep, free graze haters:<br><br><embed src="http://www.math.fsu.edu/~trogers/data/movies/badges.mov" width="240" height="196" autoplay="false"> <br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/23/08 02:16 AM

gurer'f n guvatvr... sbe gur gi v zrna... jung'f vg pnyyrq...... bu lrnu, n punaary punatre, n erzbgr.<br><br>jbj! v pna'g oryvrir lbh unir arire punatrq punaaryf! gung'f ubg!<br><br><br>decrypt it!<br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: 2'fers - 01/23/08 02:30 AM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ykk6iy6QCjo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ykk6iy6QCjo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ANBuqQA7Zk4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ANBuqQA7Zk4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: grasp of the language? - 01/23/08 02:41 AM

could some english boffin please diagram some mc vs. mm sentences for me, of these apparently distinct grammatical structures, i mean? that would be hot<br><br>am i at reply quota yet? i feel so sorry for youse flat threaders, time to switch to threaded! <br><br>ok i haven't finished this thread, but i have to stop. unreality bekons.<br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/23/08 02:48 AM

ppl die that's what HAPPENS! get with the program soldier!<br><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VclHtnoTqRA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VclHtnoTqRA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br><br><br><br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: not really... - 01/23/08 02:58 AM

...no. you don't get it. if you did you could prove this: "Yet you keep posting reasons why it should change."<br><br>facts are all i care about. the rest... everybody's got one. others may like a sensationalist --that's fine for them. <br><br>i apologize if *my* post were deleted before you had a chance to read them.<br><br>however, please don't make allegations or accuse without proof, that's worthless and i guess embarrassing, no, it is embarrassing, don't i know!<br><br><br>here ya go, these appear to be my relevant posts to your sensationalistic diatribe directed at me, ready? go. now prove it. i hope for your sake it's in there somewhere. --oh, and before you say something like in every other thread, prove that too. btw, sure, i did make my request early on in the suggestion area and if someone else brought it or brings it up, sure i might chime in. but i said then i'd never bring it up unless someone once was asking/brought it up first.... capisce?<br><br>anyway, this only took a minute:<br><br><br><br>Re: [re: eckhard]<br>Edit <br>Reply <br><br>One can NOT discuss anything in the Lounge, and the PSB is NOT only for political topics.<br><br>&#8232;&#8232;this makes no sense to me. i am one like others have said in the other thread --that is, for me all you need is two forums. but as i mentioned earlier, isn't that why so many came over here way back when?&#8232;&#8232;so if i've just somehow ruined your intention here with your good idea, i know not how except what has been put forth numerous times before. &#8232;&#8232;&#8232;&#8232;but as far as your quote at the top of this reply goes: why would it be, or why is it that, if i'm reading this right, the PSB is not "equal under the law" so to speak? --if i'm reading correctly.&#8232;&#8232;i'm simply wishing to understand, not advocate. if you want my support, for what i'm not sure, you have it. i trust you. :)&#8232;&#8232;<br><br>c.f. crefbanyyl, nf sne nf hfre pbageby tbrf, erzrzore guvf nva'g zps. zps vf qrnq, trg bire vg. wink bx gung jnf zrna. vg'f whfg n wbxr.&#8232;<br> <br>Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members [re: margadagio] <br>Edit Reply <br><br>i said earlier elsewhere i have no problem with the name. and i am not advocating or lobbying for anything. k? i support eck, yes, but i have no "horse in the race" as they say. a minor distinction but a distinction just the same; especially where it comes to characterization of my positions by others --even via association. if you're going to associate me do it correctly, please.<br><br>thank you, as you were.<br><br>btw, fyi, whether one knows one is standing upon stigma/discrimination, etc. (your soapbox) is irrelevant and offers no relief to those who believe the may be affected, regarding: I don't imagine the folks standing on their soapboxes in Hyde Park consider it demeaning. i.e., mb those are not are prejudiced bigots or just idiots, who knows.<br><br>again i have NO problem with it, at least mb NOW (mb not i guess i HAVE to now smile i'll start to think about it decide it is stigmatizing, so far i haven't thought about it nor researched it here or elsewhere.<br><br>Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members [re: iRock] <br>Edit Reply <br><br>I don't relish combining any of the forums. I now check the tech section much more. <br><br>as i understand *this thread* in its original intent: that forum [tech] would remain unchanged.<br><br>Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members [re: Lea] <br>Edit Reply <br><br>yoyo did a very good job of explaining the concept of the name.<br><br>how does s/he know he intent of the naming?<br><br>You assume that those of us that enjoy the Box should agree that the name is somehow offensive and discourages other folks from joining in the political discussions. You assume an awful lot. yoyo did a very good job of explaining the concept of the name. Nobody, until you began to complain, has suggested the "name" is inappropriate. Nor do we feel marginalized by discussing politics in a separate room. You assume we do.<br><br>those is ALL your assumptions. do you see somewhere where eck said you should agree with him?<br><br>i understand that you're acting out of anger though, no problem. i've acted the same way many times.<br><br>fyi, whenever you say "we" someone or some group is being left out aren't they? using "we" there must be some other.<br><br>i would think the idea of community or society is to unite not divide, granted MM is not such an entity.. it is private... even you are "other" here. i guess get used to it.<br>me? i could care less. <br><br>Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members [re: Mississauga] <br>Edit Reply <br><br>thank you! (for the link i mean.) i now see its pejorative nature and even so when used in the manner related here. <br><br>fascinating.<br><br>we know drama! don't "we". (the royal usage, of course.)<br><br>--some ppl are amicable to the special olympics/arguing online imagery whereas others see it as disgustingly crude. <br><br><br>now, what was it you accused? oh yeah: "Yet you keep posting reasons why it should change."<br><br>you led yourself and all those lemmings right off the cliff, for nothing.<br><br>looking over a few of your posts in this thread you seem to be more of a cheerleader, than an informer or a questioner, in this thread.<br><br>hey, here's cheerleader picture made once:<br><br><br><br>btw, i mean just fyi --i don't care, hell i do it-- a quote from Moderator: "[C]ursing at members isn't tolerated." i understand that with the sudden large influx here there are far too many cases to mod them all. again, i have no complaint because i do it, but they may get ya --they got me for it, be aware.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>"in times of peace the warlike man attacks himself."<br><br>[color:red]Libertarian Communist</font color=red>

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/23/08 07:30 AM

My suggestion of converting the under-employed "Member's Projects" Forum into a place where the Alumni could set up a place that may seem more familiar to them was sincere, but it's not mine to offer<br><br>While your heart's in the right place, IMO that would only cannibalize the other sections of the forum.<br><br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Careful suggestion to Mod and Members - 01/23/08 01:18 PM

To no one in particular......<br><br><br>OH GOD!! Here we go AGAIN!!!<br><br><br>lol<br><br>