zunage

Posted by: lanovami

zunage - 01/16/07 05:27 PM

Hey, I have always been a fan of language and an amateur linguist. And I have noticed people using the word zune in a number of negative uses independent of the product itself. There are a few current examples in this forum. Is this widespread at all? Is is more a Mac community thing? Don't forget, I live in Japan, and my finger is nowhere near on the pulse of current English slang.<br><br>I would love to see this usage make it's way to common usage before MS can figure out a way to force acceptance like it did with the XBox. <br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: Trog

Re: zunage - 01/16/07 05:37 PM

Haha, I don't know, but I've wondered the same thing myself.<br><br>When it first came out I know I made a lot of smart-ass comments about the brown colored model looking like a turd, and I'm sure others were doing the same. I haven't encountered specifically anywhere else, but yeah, it would be interesting to know the exact thread where Zune became synonymous with feces. Poly, there is your next database assignment. <br><br>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: zunage - 01/16/07 05:40 PM

I dunno if it's happening anywhere else, but there are those of us here who are trying really hard to use it enough so that it'll spread.<br><br>I know I've been using it on just about every forum I visit where I might wanna call somebody out for spewing BullZune, or calling a crappy product a pile of Zune. I've even taken to using it in meatspace, and have gotten a few spewing guffaws when folks realized how I was using it.<br><br>I don't know if Craig Ferguson has been using it that way, but he sure has been busting on MS and their so-called "iPod killer" for being such a steaming pile of Zune.<br><br>Soooo, all you can do is to do your part. Help spread it!<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Leslie

Re: zunage - 01/16/07 07:10 PM

Zune one and all.<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: zunage - 01/16/07 07:29 PM

I think this thread was the origin, at least here at MM.<br><br>There were other moments of inspiration, like poly's new puppy <br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 01/16/07 10:30 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>