Zune: Brown is Beautiful

Posted by: yoyo52

Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/18/06 06:09 PM

[color:blue]Zune: I am brown -- I am invincible<br><br>Sales of Microsoft's MP3 player, Zune, have been disappointing, but don't blame it on the controversial decision to offer the device in the shade of brown, says Ultrabrown blogger Manish Vij.<br><br>White geek bloggers have been defecating all over the brown Zune, declaring that it looks like, well, a "brick of [censored]." A little digging around Technorati indicates that, yes, critical reaction has been less than favorable -- though it should be noted that according to available sales figures via Amazon, brown Zunes aren't selling anywhere nearly as badly as the white models. But Manish isn't having any of it: "This brown-is-dirty meme needs to be nipped in the bud," he declares.<br><br>Brown is an earth tone, the color of sourdough, pizza crust, cookies, chocolate, cinnamon, crepes, Cuban cigars, suede, corduroys, khakis, camouflage, spotted fawns, natural sugar, UPS, hipster tees, brown paper packages tied up with strings, the skins of potatoes and subcontinentals. When the Gorebot needed to be humanized, Naomi Wolf dressed him down in brown. D’Angelo and India.Arie wrote odes to brown.<br><br>Brown plays nice with sepia, red and green. Do I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself. I am brown, I contain multitudes.<br><br>Right on! Say it loud -- Ultrabrown is proud.</font color=blue><br><br>This is from Salon.com, so I won't bother to link it.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: carp

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/18/06 06:26 PM

Well it still looks like shiit<br><br>
Posted by: zwei

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/19/06 06:32 AM

Brown is my favorite color ...and I STILL hate the look of that thing. Saw one in Target the other day. <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/19/06 06:45 AM

Most of the examples of brown he lists are edible items. Which ultimately become, well... you know. <br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/19/06 07:34 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Which ultimately become, well... you know.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Zune? <br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/19/06 07:42 AM

I took one heck of a zune last night...<br><br><br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/19/06 07:43 AM

[img]/images/wwwthreads/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/wwwthreads/icons/laugh.gif[/img]<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/19/06 08:03 AM

THAT'S funny!!! Perhaps some of us can adopt the moniker further?<br>Anyone planning on getting zune-faced on New Year's Eve?<br>Zune happens.<br>Now the zune'll hit the fan.<br>Zune on a stick.<br>Zune for brains.<br><br>- alec -

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/19/06 08:06 AM

I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/19/06 08:12 AM

The Zune is a piece of Zune.<br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/19/06 08:32 AM

I suppose your Zune don't stink, eh, Buff Boy? <br><br>
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/19/06 09:22 AM

I like this part:<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Brown is an earth tone, the color of sourdough, pizza crust, cookies, chocolate, cinnamon,<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Yes, but he fails to mention not one of those examples is the same shade of brown as crap!<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!®

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/19/06 09:23 AM

Just add a few enzymes... <br><br>
Posted by: MrB

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 07:53 AM

and don't forget <br><br>You don't know Jack Zune!<br><br><br>dave<br><br><br>
Posted by: bird

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 08:31 AM

Apology in advance..... I don't know how to post this other then a link<br>Craig Ferguson Zune its crackalackin <br><br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 08:36 AM

The iPod Invisiblo <br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: Lizwaldner

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 09:34 AM

Hi Bird, <br>thanks for posting that link from my blog. I thought it was funny too. <br><br>Cheers, <br>Liz Waldner<br>Prince George, British Columbia, Canada<br><br><br>Typing from her Laptop, Traveling the Web, Thinking of Field Trips.
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 09:39 AM

Another Canuck... welcome to the forum! <br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 09:57 AM

Your very welcome, Liz I'm not good with my computer abilities[thus the link] and or understand even half of anything of how you got here...lol!!! I just love the fact that you found us...we have many folks here from Canada....stop by and visit. Cheers right back at you!!<br>“A sense of humor... is needed armor. Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life.”<br>Hugh Sidey<br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 10:08 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I don't know how to post this other then a link<br>Craig Ferguson Zune its crackalackin<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yeah, I know what you mean <br><br>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 10:12 AM

I see a SNL/Fake Commercial re-mix:<br><br>"Oops, I Zuned My Pants!"<br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 10:29 AM

Now you made me feel like Zune....I'm so embarrassed that I'm going out in the garden and eat worms....<br>look how you made bird feel <br><br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 10:36 AM

Don't feel bad. There's so much Zune on the internet it's hard to keep track of it all. Oh by the way does the bird Zune come in white? <br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 10:38 AM

Dewd... Zune happens.<br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 11:04 AM

I thought you'd never ask....<br>Unlike mammals, birds don't urinate. Their kidneys extract nitrogenous wastes from the bloodstream, but instead of excreting it as urea dissolved in urine as we do, they excrete it in the form of uric acid. Uric acid has a very low solubility in water, so it emerges as a white paste. This material, as well as the output of the intestines, emerges from the bird's cloaca. The cloaca is a multi-purpose hole for birds: their wastes come out of it, they have sex by putting their cloacas together, and females lay eggs out of it. [courtesy of google]<br>This Zune has started a new fad....instead of downloading songs folks are busy on forums discussing "Everything one needs to know about poop" Lol!!! <br><br><br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 11:16 AM

Maybe this is the logic that brought them to "squirting" tunes to one another. <br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 11:21 AM

Thankyou, Candy. I shall cherish those images forever. <br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 11:22 AM

Reminds me of my favorite children's book:<br><br>[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/petem/pics/zunes2.jpg" border="0[/img]<br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 11:42 AM

You can put all your scat on your Zune.<br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 11:45 AM

Everyone Pees too perhaps that will be Bills color for the 2nd generation .....<br> Good lord man, that was funny, You, Michael, George and Steve have me laughing so hard....you have no idea lol!!!<br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 12:26 PM

Gee, Candy, thanks for sharing <br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 01:01 PM

She's just saying her Zune is your Zune. <br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 01:34 PM

I would like you and Yoyo both "as Ray Charles used to sing" Bend over and let "me" see you shake those tailfeathers <br> Now both of you go to your rooms....<br> <br><br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 01:35 PM

Aw ma... <br><br>
Posted by: Leslie

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/20/06 06:06 PM

I think that makes at least 4 of us. Look out US of A - we have you surrounded!<br><br>
Posted by: Lizwaldner

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/21/06 03:19 PM

Hey gang, thanks for the welcome. <br>I found a video of Leo Laporte and how he hates the Zune. <br><br>Here's the link:<br>http://lizwaldner.wordpress.com/2006/12/21/leo-laporte-hates-the-zune/<br><br>Typing from her Laptop, Traveling the Web, Thinking of Field Trips.

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/21/06 03:56 PM

I'd heard that clip, but seeing it is even funnier. Thanks.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/21/06 04:05 PM

yeah, what WERE they thinking of? <br><br>

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/21/06 04:07 PM

Now that's hilarious! I damn near Zuned my pants!!! <br><br><br>Poor lil' brown Zune. It's gettin' Zuned on all ovah da plaze. <br><br>(Oh yeah, welcome to MM — Land of the Zuneaphobia)<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Zune: Brown is Beautiful - 12/21/06 07:58 PM

Wonder if Sharon Osborne has a Zune or an iPod?<br><br>oh yeah, that's going in the blog