Age and Wisdom

Posted by: yoyo52

Age and Wisdom - 11/30/06 06:14 PM

Apple, naturally<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: Topper

Re: Age and Wisdom - 11/30/06 06:56 PM

Yes, I saw that.<br>You and I are not helping the stats at all.<br>I don't think it is a good thing. <br>Mac needs the young people to sustain growth.<br>But I think a lot of the switchers are young people...maybe the stats will change.<br><br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Age and Wisdom - 11/30/06 07:39 PM

some context:<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>. . . nearly half of Mac owners are 55 and older--almost double the share for average home PC users.<br><br>For the digital youth, high-street box shifter Gateway is the brand of choice, taking the No. 1 slot among PC buyers between ages 18 and 25. <p><hr></blockquote><p>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05

Re: Age and Wisdom - 11/30/06 07:41 PM

my daughter's grade school and my son's preschool both use Macs.<br><br>unfortunately, they are also both still using OS 9. doh! i have a feeling that they will never upgrade and that PCs will be the next move. i keep my fingers crossed though. but, OS 9 . . . sheesh!<br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05
Posted by: Topper

Re: Age and Wisdom - 11/30/06 07:50 PM

Say goodnight, Irene! <br>I'd have to think it over if someone offered me a choice between Windows XP or Mac OS 9. <br><br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Age and Wisdom - 11/30/06 08:05 PM

I'd expect no less from CNET. They're the John C. Dvorak of tech web sites. <br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Age and Wisdom - 12/01/06 01:09 AM

How much would it cost to buy them the School Upgrade<br>using the Educators' Discount <br>(That is ...if the Macs they're using will Support OS X)<br><br>

Re: Age and Wisdom - 12/01/06 04:10 AM

the preschool has 2 computers per classroom and 4 classrooms. they have older purple iMacs, so i am not sure they can be upgraded.<br><br>my daughter's school has computer labs with white iBooks. i would guess that they have 40 laptops, but i don't know how many are in other classrooms. my daughter's classroom has only 1, but older grades might have more. my daughter's grade school has 4 first grade classes and there are 2 other grade schools as well. i heard that the middle and high schools have already gone PC, so the ball is already rolling down the wrong path. <br><br>i guess we'll have to move. <br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05