Urban dictionary

Posted by: yoyo52

Urban dictionary - 11/19/06 07:55 PM

Just came across this site. It might turn out to be useful.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: Topper

Re: Urban dictionary - 11/20/06 06:47 AM

That could be helpful especially considering I'm not exactly with the in-crowd.<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Urban dictionary - 11/20/06 07:18 AM

The use in a sentence can be very helpful.<br><br>Buzzkill (n. or v.trans.)<br>1. Buzzkill, anything that takes the edge off your fluff, a downer, something that ruins your good mood; a killjoy.<br>2. (verb) to selectively and deliberately bring down someone's mood by actions that are designed to irritate, annoy or downright upset a person.<br><br>Lois had a particular skill as a mother. When any of her children came home, faces beaming, eyes aglow with a report of good behavior at school, having caught a large fish or having really righteously beaten up the nerdy kid next door, she'd have just the right buzzkill to bring them back to reality. Later in life, she wondered why the kids never called, but only infrequently--she was not of an introspective nature, by and large.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: Urban dictionary - 11/20/06 07:36 AM

perfect example:<br><br>what went down in the Political Forum<br>The Day After "the MidTerm Election". <br><br><br>"Gee, guyz, didn't mean to upset anyone<br>I'll just let myself out the way I came in."<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: WetBlanket

Re: Buzzkill - 11/20/06 07:36 AM

That was my brother's screen name - ironic that he was actually stung to death by giant African wasps, too.<br><br><embed src="http://www.waveevents.com/MyFilez/wavs/variety/bonewah.wav" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false type=video/quicktime><br><br><br>Sigh....
Posted by: trey

Re: Buzzkill - 11/20/06 08:10 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>ironic that he was actually stung to death by giant African wasps, too.<p><hr></blockquote><p>That's actually a coincidence, not irony... jeez, you can't even get that right.<br><br><br><embed src="http://www.waveevents.com/MyFilez/wavs/variety/bonewah.wav" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false type=video/quicktime><br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Buzzkill - 11/20/06 08:53 AM

Aw, lay off ol' WB. His life is sad enough. <br><br>

Re: Buzzkill - 11/20/06 10:43 AM

<br>HIS life?!? <br>Wot about poor 'BUZZ'!?!? <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Buzzkill - 11/20/06 11:24 AM

I thought we had heard the last of him when the bear mistook him for a she bear. Were they not the first trans-species marriage?<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: Urban dictionary - 11/20/06 11:52 AM

Pffft, who needs an in-crowd when we can hang out here? <br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue] Talk about things and nobody cares . . .</font color=blue>

Re: Urban dictionary - 11/20/06 01:34 PM

<br>I agree.<br>I'm glad to finally see the tail end of them. <br><br><br><br>