Cheap cheap cheap

Posted by: yoyo52

Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 06:31 PM

Is this monitor really that bad??<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: Trog

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 06:36 PM

Hey, its in stock. Let us know, will ya? <br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 06:39 PM

Would you really sit in front of something that bursts with delicious images in vibrant colors and compelling brilliance?<br><br>Your laundry bill might go through the roof. You teach english. How can brilliance be compelling. Isn't brilliance just bright? Maybe this monitor goes to eleven. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 06:43 PM

So they get carried away with the rhetoric. At least it's not a Rovism.<br><br>And Trog, I'm waiting for the price to come down. <br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 06:53 PM

The Hanns-g 19" LCD has gotten some very good reviews at Newegg and other places (it was selling for $100 after rebate recently). I can't find any reviews on this model but they seem to be a good company. I say go for it.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 06:54 PM

Define what is "compelling brilliance" ?<br>I don't know what is compelling is in the why of monitors but brilliance I can see . But when the two words are used together as this , compelling brilliance - Hey your the English Major guy ?<br><br>And what is "Rovism" I cannot find it in the dictionary <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 06:57 PM

So, a 30" model should be about $250 then, right? <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 07:01 PM

Now thats Rovism <br><br>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 07:04 PM

Some reviews:<br>http://www.reevoo.com/reviews/mpn/hannsg/hu171d<br><br>Just going by the specs, it looks like it'd be OK for simple stuff, or as a second monitor for application palettes.<br><br>Hours worth of mission-critical photo editing?<br><br>Not for me.<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 07:04 PM

Here is a review of the 19 inch model<br><br>Here is what people at Amazon think of the 19 inch model<br><br>Here is what people at PriceGrabber think of the 19 inch model<br><br><br>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 07:57 PM

The Hanns-G line is fine.<br><br>I bought a couple of Hanns-G 19" HannsG HU-196D last spring. 8ms, 700:1, around $140 after rebates. They have been fine, look fine. Speakers suck but that's not why I bought it.<br><br>That 17 is only 500:1 and 12ms. It will do for general use, dot pitch is good for clean text. Remember they like to be run at native resolution for best quality, 1280 x 1024 for that one.<br><br>IMO for a little more the 19's are worth it. Bigger, and better specs. I don't think the HannsG HU-196D is available anymore. they have 19's with 5ms response time now. <br><br>my .02<br><br>

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 08:22 PM

Thanks for the reviews, guys. I'm tempted to buy the 19" model, which comes down to 119 after rebate--but I don't like the rebate idea, and shipping adds anothe 16 bucks. It's just so that I can have a decent sized monitor in my office that I can plug into the 12" PB, so it's not crucial for me to get it.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/12/06 09:13 PM

OK, I broke down and ordered the 19" monitor. At 126 after rebate, not bad.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/13/06 08:31 AM

Does that one promise 19 inch delicious images?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>a google image serch of "delicious" is a weird one.<br><br>

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/13/06 10:16 AM

Is that Don Rumsfeld? I thought he'd just been handed his nuts. <br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!

Re: Cheap cheap cheap - 11/13/06 10:24 AM

Rummy's addition made them upgrade the sign. It used to be only 100 varieties. <br><br><br><br><br><br>