Apple Registration

Posted by: yoyo52

Apple Registration - 09/26/06 04:41 PM

I just received a 60 GB iPod that I bought for my son's birthday, factory refurbished, from Smalldog.com. I tried to register it at the Apple site, but I get "We could not recognize the serial number." I've been on hold at Apple Support for about 20 minutes now. <br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: Michael

Re: Apple Registration - 09/26/06 05:00 PM

They're stalling until the police can get to your house. <br><br>***Leoville
Posted by: steveg

Re: Apple Registration - 09/26/06 05:51 PM

We'll all PM you our phone no's and you can conference us in.<br><br>

Re: Apple Registration - 09/26/06 06:04 PM

After an hour and a half, I got cut off. Then I called back and was on hold for another half hour. When the woman answered, she said they were having phone "issues" and that it'd be better for me to call back tomorrow. I wasn't too civil with her, I have to admit.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: steveg

Re: Apple Registration - 09/26/06 06:11 PM

Why can't Apple's customer support be as elegant and user-friendly as its products?<br><br>
Posted by: Gigi

Re: Apple Registration - 09/26/06 06:12 PM

I wonder if the phone system computer has been hacked?<br><br>

Re: Apple Registration - 09/26/06 06:14 PM

At this point, I'm sort of fantasizing about what I'd do if I could hack it <br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: Trog

Re: Apple Registration - 09/26/06 09:37 PM

I did hack it once, but all I was able to do was play Trey's music on iTunes. <br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Apple Registration - 09/26/06 10:55 PM

If you get it off of 3 of Trey's computers is that a Treyfecta?<br><br>oh yeah, that's going in the blog
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Apple Registration - 09/27/06 12:10 AM

Congratulations on the iPod and Happy Birthday..<br><br>I bought iWork '06 family pack and installed it on 3 Macs, I registered 2 and couldn't register the 3rd one, although the license is for 5 Macs on the same network... I went to the Apple site and tried to register, I got the same error you got.. A few days later, I got an email from Apple thanking me for the registration..<br><br><br>www.waleedsgallery.biz<br>

Re: Apple Registration - 09/27/06 04:57 PM

I called tonight and got someone who actually knew what she was doing. Issue resolved without being shunted off to "tech help" as I was last night.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Apple Registration - 09/27/06 05:14 PM

When will Apple ever stop hiring Microsoft people without retraining them <br><br><br>www.waleedsgallery.biz<br>

Re: Apple Registration - 09/27/06 05:43 PM

Exactly!<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!