Black Furious Over 'Photo Snub'

Posted by: drjohn

Black Furious Over 'Photo Snub' - 07/31/06 11:35 PM

Hollywood star Jack Black is reportedly furious that he hasn't received any multimillion dollar offers from magazines for photos of his new son Samuel.<br><br>The King Kong star blames the recent spate of high-profile births for "flooding the market." He said, "We do have some offers from some major magazines. Popular Mechanics was talking about something. To tell you the truth I'm a little insulted, 'cause nobody cares about my sweet baby. The market is flooded. Tom Cruise has got his baby everywhere! Nobody cares about Baby Black!"<br><br><br><br>Old farts, the hidden caulk of civilization. Jim Atkinson<br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Black Furious Over 'Photo Snub' - 07/31/06 11:43 PM

Shiit Stars are propagating - does that mean more sequels ?<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Black Furious Over 'Photo Snub' - 08/01/06 06:05 AM

The hidden irony is that he's obviously joking about being upset that his baby isn't on the public's "most wanted" list... but he's kidding about it to get attention.<br><br>Losers like this can't die away and relegate themselves to making movies on the Lifetime channel fast enough for me. Him and that Farrell idiot can join Ben Stiller and a slew of other no-talent jackasses on the fast-track to whocaresdom in Hollywood.<br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.
Posted by: sean

Re: Black Furious Over 'Photo Snub' - 08/01/06 07:26 AM

hidden irony? the guy is in the entertainment business largely for laughs. making money is predicated on being in demand and becoming "in demand" means publicity is necessary. i think he's probably just doing his job, isn't he? if nothing else, he's extremely successful in his chosen path.<br><br>then again, i think black has a pretty good talent because he certainly isn't making it in the business because of his looks. black is oscar worthy if you are comparing him to keanu reeves. it's all relative, i suppose . . . and, obviously subjective.<br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05
Posted by: Pete

Re: Black Furious Over 'Photo Snub' - 08/01/06 07:34 AM

Being funny is hard - it's very hit n' miss, especially when you're working with a script that sucks or a concept that's run its course within the first 10 minutes of the flick.<br><br>Ferrell and Jack Black have made me laugh *really* hard at times, and other times they've done some pretty cringe-worthy stuff. Comedy ain't pretty when it doesn't work.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Black Furious Over 'Photo Snub' - 08/01/06 07:34 AM

Admit it. You're one of those losers that hold up the supermarket checkout line while you treat the magazine rack like your personal library. You drive all the way cross town to buy a roll of toilet paper and a pack of gum just so you can catch up on all the celeb gossip. G'wan. Admit it. You're a tabloid junkie! <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Black Furious Over 'Photo Snub' - 08/01/06 07:46 AM

i am a pencil-head. i grab the tiny crossword puzzle book and sit and complete it in my head until i reach the front of the line (if it's really busy or loud, i'll use a soft #2 pencil). then i squirm to the back of the line to put the tiny crossword puzzle book back. lately, i have been alternating between crosswords and soduku because i need some diversity in my life. <br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05
Posted by: steveg

Re: Black Furious Over 'Photo Snub' - 08/01/06 07:57 AM

What? You don't get enough diversity here? <br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Black Furious Over 'Photo Snub' - 08/01/06 08:35 AM

Just another angry Black.<br><br>***Leoville
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Black Furious Over 'Photo Snub' - 08/01/06 09:23 AM

Well that explains the smudge marks . . . please tell me you at least wash your hands before you do this.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]My my baby blue . . .
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Black Furious Over 'Photo Snub' - 08/01/06 12:21 PM

I have no argument for anything you said... I guess I just like more intelligent actors who don't make themselves look like idiots for a living.<br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.