Such an Offer!!

Posted by: yoyo52

Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 06:32 PM

I'm gonna be posting this on eBay, but I thought I'd give you lucky members of MM forum a chance to get it before anyone else. Yes sir, to one lucky guy will come all of the original styrofoam packaging for a Mac 512 Ke, circa 1986. You get two big pieces of styrofoam that cushioned the all-in-one marvel of computing plus two beautifully engineered styrofoam boxes that used to hold the mouse, the keyboard, and the floppies and documentation for the Mac.<br><br>So, who wants it? Act tonight, or it will be gone gone gone.<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 06:34 PM

you mean for the actual foam?? <br><br>I bid $500! nooo...$550! <br><br><br>

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 06:38 PM

So far you're the winner, John <br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 06:39 PM

oh..dang it..forgot a decimal point!<br><br>I meant $.55 <br><br><br>

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 06:41 PM

Half a buck for this piece of computer history? C'mon man!<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 06:43 PM

$.58! i bid $.58! <br><br><br>[color:red]All hail the all mighty TAB!</font color=red>

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 06:46 PM

Do I hear a buck? One measly buck for your very own piece of history?<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 06:52 PM

OK, I bid $1.04 if i get free shipping! <br><br><br>[color:red]All hail the all mighty TAB!</font color=red>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 06:54 PM

I still have my 512ke in the original box and the styrofoam.<br><br>

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 06:55 PM

I have the computer, and I had the box up until teh roof leaked and it got wet. It's still in the house, though, so I can throw it in with the styrofoam. An even better deal! <br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 06:59 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhh damaged goods....I bid .38cents <br><br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 08:17 PM

Does the styrofoam at least still have that new Mac smell on it?<br><br>[color:red]Hold on, it's time for a...</font color=red><br>

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 08:19 PM

No, but I do have a small bottle of air that I trapped in there when I opened the box back in 1986. I can throw that into the bargain too. This deal just gets sweeter by the minute <br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 08:34 PM

Can I just buy the bottle?<br><br>[color:red]Hold on, it's time for a...</font color=red><br>

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 08:36 PM

You want me to un-bundle? Well, I guess I could. How much are you offering?<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 08:46 PM

Trade ya for a blade of grass from Ebbett's Field?<br><br>[color:red]Hold on, it's time for a...</font color=red><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 08:51 PM

You mean pay for padding?...[color:red]NEVAH!</font color=red><br><br>

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/09/03 08:51 PM

Ebbett's Field, huh? Well, I'll think about it.<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/10/03 09:52 AM

I just don't know what this world is coming to. I left the styrofoam and the box out in front of my house last night--just no room inside, you know. Well, this morning, the whole thing was gone. Last I saw, the box was sticking out of the rear end of a big ugly truck with "Waste Management" on it.<br><br>What am I gonna do with the eBay auction?!<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/10/03 09:54 AM

Well, there goes your blade of grass mister.<br><br>[color:red]Hold on, it's time for a...</font color=red><br>

Re: Such an Offer!! - 01/10/03 10:34 AM

damn, and here I was ready to outbid everyone at the last minute!! <br><br><br>