keynote

Posted by: nutty

keynote - 01/08/03 11:15 AM

first impression<br><br>fast fast fast<br><br>much better than powerpoint<br><br>printing slides, notes outline, 1 up 2 up and so on<br><br>easy to get a handle on<br><br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:26 AM

Nutty, it is so very good to see you over here. Your "unique" perspective is legendary.<br>For the folks in this forum who don't know Sir Nutty, his sig is:<br>"not speaking for my employer"<br><br>Get it?<br><br>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:28 AM

we ordered our copy today - with FedEx overnite!<br><br>Ginny (MrsJonnyCat) can't wait to dazzle everybody at business school with her presentations.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:29 AM

i ordered it with second day delivery yesterday. <br><br>can you create a pie chart and export the chart without the background? or can you just copy the chart and paste into...word or save as a jpg for use on the web? my one concern is that the background becomes part of the graph or chart. thanx for any info you can lend to this concern.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:30 AM

ha! i paid $15 less and will get it the same day. nah nanana nah! <br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:31 AM

For a second there, I thought you were saying Steve Job's SPEECH was 'fast fast fast'...<br><br>[color:red]Hold on, it's time for a...</font color=red><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:33 AM

I ordedred mine from the Mac store downstairs this AM. No delivery charge, I have a tax exempt no. on file with them, and I'll have it by Monday. So there! <br><br>

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:34 AM

oh yeah, and well, grrr.. you got me there. this time!<br><br>

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:35 AM

nope it looks like the background comes with it. so use the the white theme or create a new master slide with the white background and export as pdf then export that from Preview app<br><br>

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:35 AM

okay, i just canceled my order and found it on hotline or carracho or whatever is chic at the moment and am using it right now (FREE). so there! <br><br>nutty, just in case i made the above up, can you still try my question above. <br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:36 AM

thanx...that's a decent work-around. much better than what i have been doing with freehand or the excel chart wizard.<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:38 AM

well, technically...if mine didn't ship yesterday then you will probably beat me anyway. i always tend to get the notification that my photos have shipped the same day they arrive so i don't know if my copy has shipped or not. fingers crossed that i win. <br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:39 AM

Well my copy is being hand-delivered by Diana Krall. And she's gonna sit on my lap and sing the instructions to me. Beat that! <br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:41 AM

Why should we beat it? <br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:42 AM

I'm tellin Carlos his Pop's a doity ol' man! <br><br>

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:43 AM

So you think he doesn't know? <br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:46 AM

*sigh* <br><br>

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 11:54 AM

I mean, just look at the way his parents behave. In public, no less!<br><br><=========<br><br><br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 12:43 PM

I beat you both... I downloaded it off LimeWire 2 weeks ago! <br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 12:43 PM

... For FREE!!!! <br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 01:14 PM

Hey....remember Steve saying that he had it made for him and that it has been beta tested for a year or whatever? <br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Well...someone had to do it!! <br><br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 01:21 PM

Three questions about KeyNote:<br><br>1. Can you spellcheck?<br><br>2. Can you link to outside programs in the presentation such as the DVD player as you can in PowerPoint?<br><br>3. Can you save as html?<br><br>I did download the manual and could not find those but did see the printing options!<br>

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 01:37 PM

yes spell check built in - on the fly<br><br>remeber it's cocoa<br><br>you can import Quicktime but i dont know about linking sorry<br><br>nope, PDF Quicktime and PP but since the file format is XML most web browsers can deal with XML, you juts may have to tweak some settings<br><br>

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 01:40 PM

the transitions simply rule! i mean the best freaking thing!<br><br><br>QT plays flawlessly and man what a nice thing.<br><br>so there may need to be some enhancements (feedback@apple.com) but i'd ditch PP in a heartbeat!<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 02:45 PM

This is a tough question for you.. Arabic, any Arabic or Unicode support?<br><br><br>http://waleedsgallery.biz

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 02:53 PM

yep Arabic and Unicode is fine<br><br>no problem<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 03:05 PM

Wow..sounds cool..too bad I don't have a need for it.<br><br><br>

heh heh he he he he heh heh - 01/08/03 04:33 PM

it just got shipped - see ya, wouldn't want to be ya <br><br>

Re: heh heh he he he he heh heh - 01/08/03 05:23 PM

hmph! mine shipped earlier today, too. let me know how you like it. <br>(i teach tomorrow morning at 10, have mtgs in the afternoon and teach a graduate class for 3 hours at night -- so i can wait the extra day)<br><br>i shouldn't have waited until 11pm last night to order. <br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: heh heh he he he he heh heh - 01/08/03 05:26 PM

Yes, please fill us in and also, can you see about linking to an outside program? I always seem to link to either the DVD player, a browser, Word, or Excel.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>

Re: heh heh he he he he heh heh - 01/08/03 05:29 PM

actually i just like buying stuff, Ginny will be using it. She has a presentation she has to do next week, so she'll be breaking it in.<br><br>(got the fedex tracking number bookmarked in Safari)<br><br>
Posted by: bganey

Re: keynote - 01/08/03 05:33 PM

Hats off to Apple for making this thing $99....even though I don't really have a need for it, I feel like I can splurge just to dabble. <br><br>

Re: heh heh he he he he heh heh - 01/08/03 05:34 PM

Ginny is doing a presentation for IT class next week - and she want's to try some fancy stuff like either linking iMovie or QT Broadcaster to present how a presenterless presentation would work (like either a canned presentation or live webcast presentation).<br><br>And she will be seeing how well it works with MS Office (cause others in her group project for Operations are all in windows)<br><br>Should be interesting.<br><br>