Cna yuo raed tihs?

Posted by: Michael

Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/04/06 09:21 PM

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/04/06 09:25 PM

What the hell is that, latin? I can't understand a thing in that post.<br><br>

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/04/06 09:27 PM

Don't try to think about it too much. Just read it. The first time I saw it I read it as if it were written correctly. But, I can read something that's upside down as if it were right side up too. <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/04/06 10:14 PM

I read the hole thing - you just need to understand carpisum <br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/04/06 11:09 PM

I learned to speed read in Jr. High. Don't ask, but it was cool and I can still do it. I could read the post.<br><br>We don't read a sentence word for word for word. We "scan" the sentence and that incredible eye to brain link does the rest. That's why san serif type isn't nearly as "friendly" to the eye. The little balls and such on serif type (OK, the serifs) allow the eye to travel more smoothly over the line of text. Makes it easier to process.<br><br>But y'all already knew that. <br><br>Yuo, two, torg. Qiut kidindg aournd. If nohtnig, esle, tkae a colser look.<br><br><br><br><br> <br><br>[color:blue]Silk suit, black tie, I donít need a reason why.</font color=blue>

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/04/06 11:23 PM

sorry... <br><br>

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/04/06 11:47 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>you just need to understand carpisum<p><hr></blockquote><p>What's crapisum? <br><br>Is that what killed Brian, by any chance?<br><br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/05/06 01:06 AM

it's sewet pepeprs, isn't it?<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: lanovami

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/05/06 03:46 AM

Hey I want to know if you actually read or heard that factiod about Iowa and gunshot deaths you posted elsewhere Paddy. Were you just funnin' or actually reproducing something you had seen or read? Hmm?<br><br>We are what we repeatedly do. -Aristotle
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/05/06 05:14 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I read the hole thing - you just need to understand carpisum <p><hr></blockquote><p>That sentence is pure carpathian. <br><br>
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/05/06 05:19 AM

People don't realize it's not thier eyes that see, it's the brain, and the brain doesn't see what's really there - it sees what it believes should be there.<br><br>

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/05/06 06:48 AM

The Iowa gun deaths thing is 'true' - insofar as it's a statistic. I found it when Bowling For Columbine came out in the UK - after seeing that film, I wanted to know if his statistics were real or not, so I went looking on the web, and one of the things I found alongside a list of the top 10 countries in the world for gun deaths was this research about gun deaths across the US, which said that if Iowa were a country it would rate in the top 10 countries. I think it was for 2002 or 2003 the research date. I don't have the link anymore, I'm afraid.<br><br>As to the reading with the brain thing, someone once pointed out to me "Our problem is that we don't believe what we see, we see what we believe." And the perceptual filters for the different senses are very different too. If you write poetry, try reading it out loud to yourself - it's a much more direct experience than reading just through the eyes, because there's a lot less interpretation going on between spoken word-ears-brain than between written word-eyes-brain.<br><br>- Padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/05/06 07:40 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>"If you write poetry, try reading it out loud to yourself - it's a much more direct experience than reading just through the eyes, because there's a lot less interpretation going on between spoken word-ears-brain than between written word-eyes-brain."<p><hr></blockquote><p>Writing a decent book is easy.<br>Writing a decent poem is hard.<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/05/06 09:05 AM

i loved that when <a href="http://www.macminute.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=lounge&Number=100327&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1">i read here at MM 3 years ago</a>. i like it today. <br><br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/05/06 09:19 AM

Hey, it's the internet. Everything old is new again. Want to know how to levitate?<br><br>P.S. I just looked at the post date on your link. That was about the time I had just moved into my new digs in Vegas. I don't think I had my internet connection hooked up yet. Oh well.<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/05/06 09:30 AM

heh heh, even that link i provided above was an old version of the post. <a href="http://www.macminute.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=lounge&Number=99177&page=8&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&part=">here is the actual first time it appeared</a>.<br><br><br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/05/06 11:27 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Writing a decent book is easy.<br>Writing a decent poem is hard.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>vout...<br><br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/05/06 12:45 PM

There's an easier way to levitate without the box, or special pants. Just like David Blane does. ;)<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs? - 05/05/06 02:54 PM

So that's how he Pentagon levitated way back when!<br><br>. . . . . Here's lookin' at [color:red]you</font color=red> kid.