New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool!

Posted by: zwei

New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 08:34 AM

link-o<br><br>15 shows for $9.99 is a lot better than $30 ...will be good for people who actually get ALL their shows from the iTMS. <br><br>I'm crossing my fingers for Battlestar Galactica season 3 to be on the list when it starts!<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 08:37 AM

I'm actually waiting for ABC to start offering their shows for free... <br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 08:40 AM

But ...But ...Battlestar Galactica isn't on ABC! <br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 09:01 AM

No, but I'm sure it's on Usenet or BT...<br><br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 09:16 AM

They are ...that's how I saw the first season. I just like the show so much that I want to contribute to it. I've bought the last 9 episodes from the iTMS ...and I have to say it's been a lot better user experience than getting via BitTorrent. I have encoded the whole first two seasons in iPod video format and it's nice to not have to go in and add all the artwork/metadata by hand ...much less re-encode them for the iPod which takes FOREVER on my ol 733. <br><br>Now since I have bought the whole last set of shows (season 2.5) ...I will be sure to grab the DVDs via Netflix and make me some high-res copies too. I love the show, but I want the DVD quality video as well ...and I won't be shelling out for it twice <br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 09:33 AM

Yeah, BT can be very sloppy at times, but I refuse to pay for TV shows that originally aired for free - I'm not keeping the shows for any sort of collection, I just want to see what I missed and then delete the file or burn it for someone else who may not have caught an episode.<br><br>I feel like this is completely within my rights to do - after all, I could very well have recorded the show on a VHS tape or DVD when it first airs - movies are a whole other ball of wax, though...<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 10:24 AM

And that's been my motivating factor in discovering Usenet.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 10:24 AM

But do you have my music video <br><br>Battlehard Galactica<br><br>[color:purple] st911.org</font color=purple><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Michael on 03/08/06 02:23 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 10:36 AM

hehe ...BSG is apparently just a big orgy with guns! <br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 10:39 AM

I'm definitely keeping BSG as a collection ..so I do feel obligated to pay for it. But I do agree that if you are just watching to catch up and tossing ...BitTorrent is the way to go. Much easier when you aren't adding metadata or re-encoding yourself.<br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 10:49 AM

fwiw, I've seen quite a few iPod-encoded videos of TV shows when I'm doing my searches...<br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 10:53 AM

I got season 1 in iPod format ...but it's lower quality than the iTMS gives you ...each file was like 160Mb ...the ones I ripped are ~250Mb each ...the ones from the iTMS are Just under 200Mb. <br><br>As of now I have every episode. ~10Gb worth.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 11:24 AM

Well it's a music video not a synopsis. <br><br>[color:purple] st911.org</font color=purple>
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 12:29 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>but I refuse to pay for TV shows that originally aired for free<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Last time I checked, SciFi channel actually cost money. ;)<br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 12:35 PM

Semantics, Sarge. <br><br>I pay $44.95 a month for my cable TV - damned if I shell out $1.99 more per episode for something that's included.<br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 01:35 PM

oh ..and I don't have cable so I can't get the shows I want other than downloading <br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 01:36 PM

I'll charge you $1.75 per show, and I'll download & burn the entire season on DVD for ya...<br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 01:40 PM

rofl ..ohh, a discount!<br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 01:47 PM

Nothing's too good for my fellow MM members!<br><br>$1.74 if you act now.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 06:45 PM

[color:blue]I pay $44.95 a month for my cable TV - damned if I shell out $1.99 more per episode for something that's included.</font color=blue><br><br>Ahhh Pete - the 44.95 is for the cable service , has nothing to do with the content.<br><br>The content , TV shows that air for free are paid for by the "advertisers"<br><br>iTunes is advertiser free - hence the fee for the download. I suppose Apple could have the "its free" option but you would have to download the commercials too. IMO<br><br>

Re: New iTunes "Multi-pass" looks cool! - 03/08/06 09:28 PM

I'll take the commercials - if I'm able to simply skip past them in QT, that is....<br><br>