Seen this yet?

Posted by: zwei

Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 10:47 AM

MS Redesigns the iPod box<br><br>Designers will definitely love this one. <br><br>
Posted by: SparkCollector

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 11:09 AM

A brilliant allegorical tale.<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 11:15 AM

Brilliant - and I loved the music...<br><br>Favorite part was, "We should clarify 5gb", and then seeing the tiny yet enormously verbose text box appearing next to it...<br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 11:20 AM

But watch this video to the end .. I think our very own Wet Blanket produced it.<br><br>***********************<br>[color:red]Nice Try</font color=red>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 12:20 PM

My stomach still hurts from that bangtail for the "sys reqs". I cannot tell you how close that is to the reality of some accounts! <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 12:38 PM

D@mn, that looks like a set of ad revisions I just did for a rather [color:blue]large health insurance company</font color=blue> today.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 12:42 PM

Thanks Zach, I'd like to send that to my manager to show the ad reps what not to let accounts 'just squeeze in'.<br><br>oh yeah, that's going in the blog

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 12:45 PM

I'm glad you shielded us from the company's true identity, Jim!<br><br>

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 12:46 PM

Where I work ..white space seems to be the #1 enemy <br><br>

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 12:55 PM

Yep who here hasn't sent out a beautiful proof that has come back with revisions filling every possible space and sucking any creative life out of it? Or as we say ugly it up.<br><br>oh yeah, that's going in the blog

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 12:59 PM

I try to tell these clods Copy? Sh!t, that's just the grey stuff between the pictures. <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 01:09 PM

I [color:blue]shielded</font color=blue> you from their identity because I would never [color:blue]cross</font color=blue> the companies trust in me.<br><br>

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 01:13 PM

I GET IT! I GET IT!! It's Aetna, right? No wait. It's Cigna? Um... MetLife, yes?<br><br><br>Ok. gimme another hint. <br><br>

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 01:23 PM

Someone needs to tell this woman about a neat little invention they came up with a while back...<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 01:46 PM

OMG, Matt, I can't believe I watched that whole thing. Damn you! <br><br>

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 02:03 PM

That's hysterical! Light bulbs! HA!<br><br>Yesterday I bought a new beard trimmer. It was encased in that friggin' welded plastic clamshell packaging, just like that 3-hole punch. And there was a even second clamshell within to hold the charging stand. Worse still, the attachments (4 or 5 small pieces) were nested inside vacuum-formed bubbles in the lid, with a thin plastic membrane holding them in place on the inside. Peeling the membrane away caused the attachments to be catapulted across the room!<br><br>By the time I got the dang thing set up, I needed a chain saw to trim my beard!<br><br>Oh, and the instructions... at least 12 languages, including ebonics. Fully unfolded, it could dwarf a 30-sheet billboard. GAAAAAAAAAH! <br><br>

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 02:09 PM

Trog...<br><br>You do know that you can grab and drag the leading edge of the playbar in the YouTube videos after the entire file loads, right? I skipped to the end to see why it was important that I watch that far. Otherwise I'd've bailed 10 seconds in. I still wish I would have.<br><br>And about those fscking welded packages:<br>Yes, those scissors work, but you still have to be careful. I was opening the weld seal on my V-Tech phone package, and once the rift got started the scissors slid quickly and the sharp plastic edge opened up a deep 2"slice in the base of my thumb.<br><br>I HATE those packages!<br><br>

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 02:21 PM

Those are the real weapons of mass destructions. I have sliced myself on those packages too Sparky but not as bad as yours.<br><br>oh yeah, that's going in the blog

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 02:21 PM

I know I can drag it, but Matt made me think there was an entertaining Wet Blanket moment coming up and I didn't want to miss it.<br><br>Damn you Matt! <br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 02:43 PM

The music is from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. It is played over him waking up in the morning and getting dressed and eating breakfast. Ends with him shaking out Mister T, "pity the poor fool who messes with my breakfast cereal"<br><br><br><br><br>(__*__)
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 03:10 PM

That was great because it's not too far from what really happens.<br><br>Here's another classic from back in the day.<br><br>I swear some clients thought this was serious and use it as a how-to guide even today.<br><br>A higher res PDF for those poor souls like me with failing eyes.<br><br>

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 04:26 PM

You think I don't already know that? C'mon now...I own the DVD, *and* I've downloaded that track from iTMS! <br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 05:36 PM

I own the Laserdisc. Seriously I do. One of my favorite flicks.<br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 05:38 PM

Thanks for that, Mike. <br><br><br><br>

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 06:14 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>You think I don't already know that? C'mon now...I own the DVD, *and* I've downloaded that track from iTMS!<p><hr></blockquote><p>Shoot, and Michael too. I thought I was the only one who apreciated that movie as high art.<br><br>Thanks for the tip just downloaded it.<br><br><br><br><br>(__*__)

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 08:26 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I thought I was the only one who apreciated that movie as high art.<p><hr></blockquote><p>What do you think you are? A loner? A rebel?<br><br>

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/27/06 09:11 PM

That's what you are what am I? Infinity.<br><br><br><br><br>(__*__)

Re: Seen this yet? - 02/28/06 06:48 AM

I know I'm not the only one that every time the name 'Francis' is mentioned, I whisper it intensely as Pee Wee does when he realizes who stole his bicycle...<br><br>"FRANCIS!!!!"<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Update - 03/15/06 08:31 AM

Microsoft made iPod Parody Video<br><br>[color:purple] st911.org</font color=purple>
Posted by: carp

Re: Update - 03/15/06 06:37 PM

LOL<br>great to see that MS can have some humor at its own expense .<br><br>

Re: Update - 03/16/06 11:11 AM

That's cool ...I didn't expect that twist to the story <br><br>