The Two Towers

Posted by: Trog

The Two Towers - 12/19/02 07:43 PM

Just got back from seeing The Two Towers and I was wondering what others thought of it. <br><br> I feel so sad... I didn't like it. I really wanted to like it.<br><br>I've read all five books (hobbit, silmarillion included) probably a dozen times so I know I am a harsh critic, but IMHO they really butchered the storyline this time... and in places that were completely unnecessary??<br><br>The subtle changes made in the first picture to transform from book to movie were understandable, but this... .<br>Oh well, gollum and the Ents were still really cool to see.<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: The Two Towers - 12/19/02 07:54 PM

Movies always suck compared to the actual books they are made after. I didnít get the opportunity to read the books, but I hope one day I will.<br><br>How do you compare it to the Fellowship of The Ring movie?<br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/19/02 08:21 PM

I think the first movie (The Fellowship of the Ring) was pretty good. They stuck to the storyline, but altered certain things to make it more dramatic for those unfamiliar with the books, and introduced a strong love theme that was really never there. But, that was ok, I expected that. So, I thought the first movie was quite good.<br><br>And the first hour of the Two Towers was very good, but then they just butchered the story, introducing and changing characters, creating subplots and adding huge scenes that never existed. It was just so... unnecessary, and it really pained me to watch it.<br><br>I know I sound melodramatic, but I expect other hardcore Tolkien fans feel the same, or do they?<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: The Two Towers - 12/19/02 08:25 PM

Haven't seen it yet, Trog, but am dying to, despite your review.<br><br>About the love thing, though, it is implied in the books pretty clearly since Arwen is willing to give up her immortality for the sake of Aragorn. Last time I read them through was out loud to my son, which is a totally different experience, so I may be exaggerating that a bit.<br><br>edit: And you're right that the film version plays up the romance in ways that chaste Prof. Tolkein would never have done. I guess that's what happens when you have a boy and girl on screen at the same time <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 12/19/02 11:26 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/19/02 08:38 PM

It wasn't the Arwen-Aragorn thing that bothered me. What really put me over the edge was poor Faramir's character. I won't give anything away for those who don't know the story, but that whole set of scenes was completely fabricated and it was so much worse for it!<br><br>Oh heck, I'll stop whining now. I hope you enjoy it, they've tried hard and some of it is still really beautiful.<br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/19/02 08:41 PM

I thought you meant the romance in the Fellowship. Romance for Faramir is not good, I agree.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: The Two Towers - 12/19/02 10:37 PM

Oh, ha ha! Lack of communication here. <br><br>No, there isn't a romance with Faramir, its just that his character behaves 180 degrees different than he did in the book and it creates whole new (lousy, in my opinion) scenes and subplots that never happened. <br><br>His character in the book was pivotal from a symbolic view. He represented the dwindling true good in men that was struggling to survive in a time of terrible evil; it was specifically his personal choice of humility over power that allowed the quest to continue. I felt it was a real slap in the face to Tolkien's writing.<br><br>
Posted by: Krasni

Re: The Two Towers - 12/20/02 12:20 AM

I've just finished the book in Italian (years ago I read it in Spanish, next year in English) and probably will go to to the cinema during my vacations in Spain these days. My favourite character is Gollum and I have been waiting to see him.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: The Two Towers - 12/20/02 06:05 AM

What if someone had never read the book? Would they enjoy the film otherwise?<br><br>[color:red]Hold on, it's time for a...</font color=red><br>
Posted by: NotTheOnly1

And with that comment-- - 12/20/02 04:05 PM

DaddyMac isolates all that really matters. Hi, I'm your friendly neighborhood Screen-ie-writer, and hearing comments like "Sheesh-- they changed it from the book and added scenes that weren't in it!" makes me cringe a little.<br><br>Look, I understand what you're saying. You read the books, they were great, if not beloved to you, and so WHY oh WHY do the screenwriters change things?<br><br>Easy. It's the same reason why wedding gowns must be changed to be hot bikinis. They are two different things. A great book is cerebral where a great movie is visual. Yes, they can both have such qualities, but any book that got in your head.. especially at HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF WORDS has no chance to be similar as a movie. It will be different.<br><br>That's why all that really matters is if the novice sees the movie and thinks it's fantastic. If you've read the book, you're not letting the film BE the film.<br><br>2001 was an okay rendering of the book. However, by itself, it's an extraordinary film. That goes for THE SHINING as well. Once you compare notes, you go blind.<br><br>My two cents. Toodles..<br><br>

Re: And with that comment-- - 12/20/02 08:41 PM

I'll reserve judgment till I see the film. However, a friend described the changes that were done to Faramir, and not only is it adding/subtracting stuff (which I for one don't mind if it's necessary for the filmic telling of the story), it's adding the wrong kind of stuff. Faramir can't be tempted to take the ring and remain the kind of character that he is supposed to be, diametrically opposite to Boromir. I understand too that Faramir drags Frodo, Sam, and the ring back to his home, and that also is just plain wrong. Frodo's movement towards Mt. Doom should be relentless.<br><br>I understand perfectly why the director changed some things that are essential to the sense of the book. For instance, Aragorn in the books is in the mode of Nordic heroes, accepting his Wyrd. In the movie, though, he resists the inevitable, which makes much more sense to a 20th-21st century audience that believes in what Freud calls the illusion of psychic freedom. The distance between acceptance and resistance is one of the things that makes teaching something like Beowulf so difficult, by the way.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: And with that comment-- - 12/20/02 09:26 PM

I have to comment...<br><br>As I said, I understand changing things to make scenes more dramatic, exciting and easier (or even just plain possible in some cases) to adapt to film, its understandable.<br><br>What frustrates me is that the changes they made were more than inconsistent with the story as a whole and were not more exciting nor easier to portray than the version in the book. In fact, some were the exact opposite of what happened in the book, and I can't see how anyone benefits from that?<br><br>Hollywood certainly had a lot of influence on this movie and, as usual, they routinely "dumb down" important scenes because they somehow believe the audience cannot think for themselves. On the contrary, a story like this would have been successful without the "hot bikinis". This issue is relevant to more than just this one film. <br><br>Whether you enjoy the movie or not, how can you not say that they made changes that were completely inappropriate to everything about the story? They actually included dwarf tossing for god's sake. Dwarf tossing! Is this Lord of the Rings or Austin Powers?? They took a very regal character in the most epic of situations and completely fabricated a scene just to include modern day white trash entertainment. Is that necessary, is that cinema?<br><br>---<br><br>Yoyo beat me to some of this (and said it better too, damn! )<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Trog on 12/21/02 00:32 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: MachOne

Re: And with that comment-- - 12/21/02 12:35 PM

I might be off-base here but I recall A C Clarke being interviewed for a TV doco and he said that "2001 A S O" was written for the screen and novelized later. I may be remembering this wrong...it was quite some time ago...but I'm nearly certain that the screenplay was developed from an idea for a short story that Clarke never got around to writing. <br><br>Could be wrong. I'm happy to be corrected...<br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 12:41 PM

Jeez...get a life. It's a frickin' story already, not a translation from the bible.<br><br>If you disliked it so much, go demand your money back and boycott the third film. <br><br>"I really wanted to like it." I doubt that very much.<br><br>Hey, Harry Potter II was apparently very close to the book. Maybe you should go to see that. <br><br>Or maybe you could get a sense of perspective.<br><br><br>[i]Edit: That reads a bit crabby, doesn't it? Hmmm...not my intention. I was going for the 'sigh of resignation' and it reads more like 'Shut the fsck up'. Sorry about that.<br><br>But, if you go to a movie expecting an accurate translation from the book, you're always going to walk away unhappy. I just won't happen. Nor should it. How long did it take to read the book? Can you imagine a movie even half that long in order to capture every nuance and undercurrent of the book. Can you say boring?<br><br>I haven't read the trilogy and don't have any intention of doing so, but I enjoyed the first movie. If The Two Towers is a better movie, then I'll be a happy camper. Whether it's close to the book or not is mostly irrelevant. To me at least.<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by MachOne on 12/21/02 04:38 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 01:42 PM

Thanks, I really needed that. What was I even thinking?<br><br>It was a fantastic movie! I think everyone should go to it and like it, and spare us any criticism. Especially no negative discussions in internet lounge forums, because that is an inappropriate place and it obviously just brings people down.<br><br>Whew, I feel better. Thanks for letting me know my perspective was out of whack, cause that really sucked. <br><br>---<br><br>Yes, it did sound like, "shut the fsck up". But my reply was just as snotty though. Sorry. And sorry I used this place to vent my own personal disappointment with something as trivial as a movie. I'd just been looking forward to it for a long time.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Trog on 12/21/02 04:47 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 02:28 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I'd just been looking forward to it for a long time.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Therein lies the catch. I have rarely seen a movie that comes even close to matching the enjoyment I have had from the book on which it was based. If I really liked the book, then I tend to not bother with the flick. <br><br>Blackhawk Down would be a case in point; nothing the filmmakers could do could possibly get close to the gut-wrenching narrative of the book so I just waved it away. Maybe some day if I'm really bored I'll rent it on DVD or I might even see it on TV. But my expectations are not high.<br><br>That's my point really.<br><br>Having said that, I enjoyed Gorky Park the movie nearly the same amount as I liked the novel. Just the mix of atmosphere and the characters which seemed to co-incide with my mind-picture of the book. Sometimes it can happen. So I can hardly criticise your hoping for the same miracle. <br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 02:38 PM

Blackhawk down didn't come close to the book...was very disappointed.<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 02:42 PM

Hey, if you can't vent about it here, where are you gonna go?<br><br>Besides, it's much better to get it out here than go home and kick the dog, which bites the cat, which scratches the baby, which . . . . <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: sross

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 02:43 PM

On the other hand," Dune "was a movie that left everyone scratching their heads unless they had read the Dune trilogy, not the Foundation trilogy.<br>Edit: I read them both. Go ahead, put my hand in the Gom Jabbar box.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sross on 12/21/02 05:50 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 02:46 PM

You mean the Dune books, not the Foundation books? I wish someone would make a movie from the Foundation books, actually, but that would be really hard to do, I think. The Dune films sucked badly, though, whether you had or hadn't read the books <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 02:53 PM

Figures.<br><br>That book was astonishingly gripping to me. From the opening paragraphs it seems I was continually thinking "oh, God no", and that can't be going to happen", and "please don't say that's happening"...I can vividly remember feeling my face being screwed up in response to the words I read.<br><br>Such an overwhelming narrative. Great book. *phew* <br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 02:56 PM

I haven't seen the Dune movie nor have I read the books..guess I'll have to get them. Never heard of the foundation ones either..which comes first?<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 02:58 PM

Read Isaac Asimov first (Foundation trilogy)<br>Dune is good reading too. <br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 03:01 PM

Seems there is more than 3 Foundation books!<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 03:04 PM

Dune series (now up to 6 books by the original author, Frank Herbert, and four or five by his son because Frank died) is pretty spectacular, involving a galactic struggle to control the "spice," called melange, which does all sorts of wonderful things, including enabling interstellar flight because of its effect on the time/space sense of people who use it. It geets into a very mystical place, as the effects of melange coincide with the "breeding" program of a sort of religious organization, which is trying to bring to birth the "Kwisatz Haderach" (I think that's how you spell it), who is a kind of Messiah figure.<br><br>The Foundation series, five or six books, is by Isaac Assimov, and is about the plans to ensure the survival of humanity by means of a very advanced social science, based in the "Foundation." It gets very complicated, but to describe the complications would give away some of the plot, which would be just wrong.<br><br>Both series are really essential sci-fi reading, I think.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 03:05 PM

It was originally the Foundation Trilogy, but Assimov couldn't leave it alone and wrote some more.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 03:11 PM

I have always called the Foundation series a "trilogy" because Foundation, Foundation and Empire, and Second Foundation were written in 1951 and 1952. It contained theories that are now taken as basic everyday truths.<br>I didn't read the later ones.<br>I agree that Dune is very entertaining. <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 05:20 PM

Of the books I've read, precious few film adaptations came close to the cerebral experience. The Godfather and Marathon Man were two that worked, IMHO.<br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 05:27 PM

Nice stil suit there, Sherm! . Actually, I thought the theatrical Dune release was pathetic. Over-produced and downright hokey, and especialy diappointing if you've read the books. But surprisingly, there was a TV miniseries that aired a couple of years ago that I thought was actually quite good. The story was interpreted in such a way that prior knowledge wasn't needed to understand it.<br><br>Adapting the SciFi classics hgas never been easy. Martian Chronicles (also a TVG miniseries a/b 15+ years ago was just plain embarrassing.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 06:32 PM

Well I have been watching this thread all day. I just have to point out the obvious that all of you are missing. My Gawd! there are lots of good looking guys in that movie! Some of them in skimpy clothes. Just surprised none of you noticed.<br><br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 07:03 PM

I haven't seen it yet, iRock..but I'll be sure to gloss over that part Now..in the 1st one there was a hot blonde... <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 07:51 PM

I remember that TV version of Dune, and you're right, it wasn't half bad. The movie should have been buried before it was born.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 07:54 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>The Godfather and Marathon Man were two that worked, IMHO.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Never read the Marathon Man novel but I liked the film. A superb thriller. Was that a Steven King story? Can't remember.<br><br>I read The Godfather books after I'd seen the movies, so I wasn't affected by the way they translated to the screen. I found I really enjoyed Puzo's style of writing though.<br><br>Both stories were good yarns, well writ. <br><br>Check out Ghost Story by Peter Straub if you haven't read it. I think it was made into a movie, but again, there's no way I'd go see it. So much of the book's enjoyment comes from the atmosphere Straub seeds into your brain. I could never accept somebody else's interpretation since the words had such a defined impact on my imagination. Another good yarn told well.<br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 07:59 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Check out Ghost Story by Peter Straub if you haven't read it. I think it was made into a movie<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yep. Patrick Swazy and Whoopie Goldberg. Saw tbe movie ó probably should've read the book instead. <br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:03 PM

Wasn't it a Dino Delorentis production? More like a cross btwn an Eternity commercial and The Three Stooges. But the TV miniseries was actually pretty faithful to the book.<br><br>

LOL... - 12/21/02 08:05 PM

Errr...nope. Whole different story. You're thinking of "Ghost" I do believe. Subtle difference in name - big difference in plot. <br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:07 PM

Nope..you are thinking Running Man..that's the Stephen King book.<br><br>Marathon Man was an excellent movie!<br><br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:09 PM

Is it safe? <br><br>I remember feeling that drill dig into my tooth as I read the book.<br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:09 PM

LOL I almost choked on this coke here Steve! <br><br>I haven't read Ghost Story, yet...but I do know that it wouldn't turn into some hokey chick-flick <br><br>/ducks for the coming macbabe assault for the "chick-flick" reference.<br><br>BTW, when my unit was flown to Saudi at the start of the gulf war, they showed us Ghost...wtf were they thinking?? <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:11 PM

Yes, it was. So, who wrote Marathon Man? (Just out of curiosity).<br><br>

Re: LOL... - 12/21/02 08:12 PM

Woops! Right you are, old bean! (I don't get out much) <br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:13 PM

Ghost Story is a Chic Flic.<br>A good one BTW.<br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:17 PM

William Goldman, methnks.<br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:18 PM

William Goldman wrote Marathon Man, according to Amazon.<br><br>edit: steveg beat me to it!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 12/21/02 11:18 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:18 PM

A quick look on Amazon shows me that William Goldman wrote it...and he wrote The Princess Bride! I had no idea!<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:19 PM

dammit! LOL you beat me!<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:20 PM

Yeah, but who would've known about Princess Bride! What a different story that is!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: carp

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:21 PM

Princess Bride!<br><br>I liked that movie.<br>Did you know that the princess not only acted in the movie but also produced it.?<br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:24 PM

She did? She was hot then..but now..not so. She's married to Sean Penn now. Robin Wright-Penn now.<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:26 PM

This TT thread has turned into a fairly perky one, eh?<br><br>Thanks to all for the Willian Goldman info. I now know without a shadow of a doubt who wrote Marathon Man. <br><br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:28 PM

Glad to oblige, I'm sure sir <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Did someone call The Shadow? - 12/21/02 08:29 PM

<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Did someone call The Shadow? - 12/21/02 08:30 PM

So you know what evil lurks in the harts of men, do you? What about the hearts of women, though?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:30 PM

Speaking of movie dentists, I have a VHS copy of the original Little Shop of Horrors circa 1960, by Roger Corman. It was Jack Nicholson's film debut as the sadistic dental patient. <br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:32 PM

Uh... wasn't that William Goldman? <br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:33 PM

Someone is a little slow today <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:35 PM

whu...?<br><br>*wipes drool from chin*<br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Did someone call The Shadow? - 12/21/02 08:43 PM

Nah - that's a place you don't want to go Yoyo...it's dangerous there!<br><br>

Re: Did someone call The Shadow? - 12/21/02 08:51 PM

Not me--wouldn't dream of it. But [color:red]The Shadow</font color=red> otta know <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Did someone call The Shadow? - 12/21/02 08:53 PM

That is a place even [color:red]The Shadow</font color=red> doesn't dare tread!<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:56 PM

Whoa! This thread grew.<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>My Gawd! there are lots of good looking guys in that movie! Some of them in skimpy clothes. Just surprised none of you noticed.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>I saw the movie with two women and uh... yes, they noticed and informed right away that the casting was very "good"! <br><br>
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 08:59 PM

OK....now that is one of the best movies ever!<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell</font color=green>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 09:26 PM

William, Willian...picky picky picky <br><br>Sorry Steev.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 10:07 PM

Ees eet saif?<br><br>[color:red]Hold on, it's time for a...</font color=red><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/21/02 10:10 PM

<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: Did someone call The Shadow? - 12/22/02 03:07 AM

He's here.<br><br><embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/drjohn/.Music/shadow.mp3" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false type=video/quicktime><br><br>drjohn<br><br>

Re: Did someone call The Shadow? - 12/22/02 05:59 AM

Ahh, do I ever remember that. How about the other one. "Inner Sanctum" with the creaking door.<br><br>

Re: Did someone call The Shadow? - 12/22/02 06:24 AM

That's cool..I don't know where to find sound files..<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Did someone call The Shadow? - 12/22/02 07:02 AM

I found it but it is in "Real" format and I don't know how to convert it.<br><br>

Re: Did someone call The Shadow? - 12/22/02 07:04 AM

I don't know how to either...isn't there a site that has a bunch of quotes take from movies in sound format?<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Did someone call The Shadow? - 12/22/02 12:46 PM

I don't know much about sound files but I have some original Shadow radio programs on tape. I used an application called Coaster, which is free, I think, to record the sound from a tape player to the computer (as an aiff file) and then used SoundJam to convert that to an mp3 file. If you can record the 'Real' file from your sound output to a tape, maybe you can do something similar. <br><br>Audiophiles may gasp at this method but it worked and, fortunately, I had the foresite to copy someone's code for posting an audio file because I didn't have a clue on how to post one. I remember "Inner Sanctum" well.<br><br>drjohn<br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/22/02 01:12 PM

"...sadistic dental patient"? Do you mean a patient that bites, or did you mean a sadistic dentist?<br><br>drjohn<br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/22/02 01:22 PM

I mean a patient that's really into pain ó want's the drill, the pliers, the staple gun.. and declines the novocaine! <br><br>

Re: The Two Towers - 12/22/02 05:07 PM

Ya, those staple guns were a masochists delight.<br><br>drjohn<br><br>