Gore not running in 2004 - yay!

Posted by: Anonymous

Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 03:07 PM

I am glad to see Gore out of the race for '04. Never especially cared for the man and he had no charisma to speak of. I think this event will improve the chances of Kerry being the candidate. Kerry has a kind of "Lincolnesque" look and manner, I think he may go over quite well with voters unhappy with the dumb "a s s" in the White House now. I sure hope so, because we need to get rid of that thief in the White House.<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 04:19 PM

Well, I'd say just about anything, even Gore, would be much better than this!<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 04:26 PM

As I posted over at MC.<br>Gore is not that stupid to want to clean up this Mess.<br>Would You?<br><br>Better to wait till when things gets better. I would.<br><br>Beside I never like Gore either. Really in the last election their was really no choices. I was hopeing that Pat Paulson would run again.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 04:28 PM

I think Pat Paulson is dead.<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 04:34 PM

And hopefully she's not running..<br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 04:35 PM

And I'm glad he's out of here! <br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 04:37 PM

<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 04:38 PM

<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 05:16 PM

There's a very good biographical essay on Kerry in last week's issue of The New Yorker.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 05:19 PM

He could still win guys! Pat Paulsen for President. Maybe a dead guy could do less harm to us, eh?<br><br><br><br>

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 05:23 PM

IMO it's going to take a looooong time to undo the damage to civil liberties that we're undergoing now--and I don't mean just from the current administration, although they're not helping. With Palladium in a couple of years and TIA in a couple more years, we're well on the way to Orwell.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 05:45 PM

Well one thing is for sure,<br>Hilary did not give head - so Bill had to looked elsewhere.<br><br>I guess thats the one constant in the universe. Hey.<br><br>I have yet to see any contenders for the next election match from any party, that even come close to some logic.<br><br>Maybe Warner Brothers was right.<br>The World is a Cartoon.<br><br>

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 05:47 PM

Some cartoons make too much sense, don't you think? <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 06:16 PM

Plus thats the longest movie. Gheees<br><br>If anything DC keeps you entertained. Combine that with your state goverment you just can't change the channels. <br><br>

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 06:50 PM

All I can say without been too rude is, they sure hoodwinked you.<br><br>

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 06:54 PM

That's ok..feelings mutual (and only meaning the political party...otherwise you are an alright guy..no matter what Gizmo says! )<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 07:16 PM

You said it yoyo, I can hardly believe how fast certain civil liberties are vanishing. I'm not saying that Democrats would be any better, but look where things have gone in just two years! It makes my stomach hurt to think where we'll be when Dubya's finished with us.<br><br>We sure would be better off if old Strom Thurmond had won in '48! <br><br>

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 07:32 PM

Think about it for a second.<br>GW gets elected through a Florida swamp of shiity water.<br><br>GW finaly finds where the bathroom is at the White House.<br>Then finds his desk and paper clips. Plus all those new faces and names to remember.<br><br>Then WTC happens.<br>Not what he wanted after a few months on the Job.<br><br>

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/15/02 07:48 PM

I'm not going to respond. No, I'm not. I won't I won't I won't. And I'll be nine next week too, Steve <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/16/02 03:26 AM

Well, I am not too friggin' thrilled by either party to be honest. But, if it comes down to one or the other I do think the Democrats are a bit less in the pockets of the super-rich than the Republicans are. Not by much mind you, but at least their economic policies brought us good times, whereas the current administration is just an outright bunch of thieves and has certainly done a horrible job with the economy. And it is going to get worse. <br><br>Other than that of course you have the stands taken by the Republicans on issues such as abortion, which I simply cannot ever agree with nor would I ever support anyone that is anti-abortion. The ironic thing in my mind is that the Republicans always talk about less government, yet today we have the most intrusive snooping federal agencies in place that we have ever had.<br><br>When all is said and done, I don't trust any politician, but I'd rather have a liberal progressive in charge than a damned fascist leaning [censored].<br><br>Remember, it is never personal. I figure you are a good person, same as I am. It is just the corrupt politicians that are generally not too clean.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/16/02 03:58 AM

That was very well said Mike, I feel exactly the same way. It seems whenever their are D's in office, the economy is doing better. Some argue that's because of the republican who did all the work before... I say "whatever floats your boat." <br><br>As far as the anti-abortion issue... I'm against anyone who tell me what I can and can't do with concern with my health, and the health of my family. IMO, the last person on earth who should decide what is right and wrong with what a woman does in a pregnancy is a morally bankrupt, 70 year old man, with no children, who is cheating on his wife, receiving payoffs from lobbiests, SOB serving out his umpteenth term in congress because "It was his turn."<br><br>

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/16/02 09:25 AM

Dude, you've got a way with words! (MUCH better than having a Dull )<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/16/02 02:10 PM

I feel the same way MG, but i can't vote! <br><br><br>

Re: Gore not running in 2004 - yay! - 12/16/02 08:37 PM

Heres my understanding.<br><br>Democrats;<br>Believe that goverment should provide to the people, ie;<br>Welfare, medical, houseing etc etc etc. At tax payer exspense. = big Goverment to administer all the programs that are needed.<br><br>Republicans believe; <br>Through a healthy economy that business will provide, medical, houseing and get people off of welfare thru pay checks. Consider this; if the economy/business is healthy companys can provide all those benefits and still give out donations to the organizations to help the needy. Less goverment is needed.<br><br>Thats the very Basic ideals between the two parties.<br><br>Sadly is that stupid people and politices get in between the two.<br><br>