Happy Holidays to you all!

Posted by: Anonymous

Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:09 AM

I'd just like to wish you all the best Christmas ever and a wonderful New Year 2003. We are off to Europe next Friday to ski and visit family. Hope to post from over there a few times, the laptop is going along of course. Might even be able to post some on the road pics from Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein. We are hoping to meet up with Krasni and Gianni while we are there. <br><br>Merry Christmas everyone!<br><br>http://homepage.mac.com/bliemel/<br><br>Click the link for our Christmas greeting.<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:11 AM

Yes, I definitely want some pics from Liechtenstein...<br><br>Say, what exactly is IN Liechtenstein?<br><br>[color:red]Kiss my minions!</font color=red><br>

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:17 AM

Money! Lotsa money in Liechtenstein. Postage stamps, artificial teeth. My first wife worked for IVOCLAR, they make premium artificial teth used in dentures (we were both in the dental lab business at the time). What else? They have a few castles, more money and then still more money. <br><br>Did I mention money?<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:19 AM

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you and your loved ones.. Enjoy your time off and take lots of photos <br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:22 AM

Merry Xmas to you also. I hope you have a wonderful holiday in Europe. <br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:24 AM

The same to you & yours, Mike. Hope you have a wonderful trip - can't wait to see the pics.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:25 AM

Merry Christmas Mike! Have a good one. Make sure you take LOTS of pics!<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>
Posted by: Mactico

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:43 AM

Felicidades y salud en el Nuevo Aņo para toda tu familia.<br><br>

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:46 AM

I don't speak Spanish, but I do understand that German. <br><br>Do people usually have Christmas trees in Costa Rica? Are they grown "in country" or do you have to import them from someplace like Canada? <br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:47 AM

Thanks for the loverly christmas Card!<br>Have a great time on your trip<br><br>

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:53 AM

Ok Mike..I want a copy of that skiing at Lake Tahoe picture!! 1280x854 please <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:53 AM

You know where I got that font from! It worked out very nicely. Thanks again.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:55 AM

Thanks Mike--beautiful card. Happy holidays to you and yours as well. And have a great trip!<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 08:05 AM

[color:red]Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays</font color=red><br>Have a great time on your trip<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 08:11 AM

Have a wonderful and safe holiday, Mike. <br>Like everybody says, take lots of pics.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 09:26 AM

and yours looks better than mine...boohoo<br><br>

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 09:28 AM

I embossed, added drop shadow and outer glow. At least that is what I recall doing to it.<br><br>

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 09:40 AM

So what about it mike..are we going to be able to get taht pic?<br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 10:04 AM

The skiing at Tahoe pic? I didn't know anyone wanted it. I have uploaded it, it is 1024 X 768, look for DSCN1393.jpg. <br><br>EDIT: Oh, didn't see your other post on that. Unfortunately, this is the biggest size I have of that. Pics from Europe should all be 1600 X 1200 unless I run out of space on my 3 CF cards.<br><br>http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileS...=US&lang=en<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mikeb_X on 12/14/02 01:06 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 10:05 AM

You too, Mike & Lena! Safe & Happy Trails to You<br><br><br>
Posted by: MachOne

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 10:50 AM

Travel safe and have a wonderful Christmas break.<br><br>Cheers, Mike.<br><br>M1.<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 11:02 AM

Have a great holiday trip and Merry Christmas to you and Lena with a safe and Happy New Year!!<br><br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 12:39 PM

Have fun on your trip! <br><br><br>
Posted by: bird

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 01:08 PM

Thanks for your gorgeous card! Enjoy yourselves, and again thanks for all your help! <br> [color:red] Happy Holidays and A Great New Year [color:red]<br><br>Lets dance!
Posted by: Mcteak

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 05:47 PM

Mike to you and your family, have a super and safe trip and a wonderful Christmas. Look forward to seeing your photos<br><br>[color:green]"The day people stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them." Colin Powell</font color=green>
Posted by: Mactico

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/14/02 07:44 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Do people usually have Christmas trees in Costa Rica? Are they grown "in country" or do you have to import them from someplace like Canada? <p><hr></blockquote><p>We have plenty of tress in this country, but now in order to protect the nature, people prefers to use chinese plastic trees.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/15/02 01:28 PM

chinese plastic trees.<br>Holy Cow.<br><br>All our trees are imported in from Oregon and Washington state. 500 thousand trees this year. All the trees are grown on tree farms. In general like wheat they are harvested.<br><br>In January local groups like Boy Scouts and other non-profit orgs solicit donations to pick up your tree for 5 bucks. They then take them down to a temporary location that grinds the trees into Mulch. The mulch is then delivered into locations around the island so that people can pick up FREE mulch for gardens or farms. Hence the trees are re-used and the non profit orgs gets some bucks.<br><br>I always pay the 5 bucks to the Boy Scouts - since I was a Eagle Scout once.<br><br>

Re: Happy Holidays to you all! - 12/15/02 01:30 PM

I thought they used them for beach conservation? At least that's what I think they did in Florida.<br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>