Awesome Watson feature!

Posted by: DaddyMac

Awesome Watson feature! - 12/11/02 07:27 PM

Don't know if this has been around for longer than the 1.6.1 release, but there is a 'set iCal reminder' function built-in!<br><br>I found it when I was searchin the TV listings for some Christmas movies...I found what I was looking for, then I clicked on the little iCal icon in the bottom pane and it automatically added the show to my 'Home' calender!<br><br>COOL!<br><br>You can also Option-Click to set it as a weekly occurance...The fun bever ends with iCal!<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Awesome Watson feature! - 12/11/02 07:46 PM

I didn't know that either. Thanks for the tip!<br><br>
Posted by: Giaguara

Re: Awesome Watson feature! - 12/11/02 07:49 PM

Do you use watson???????<br><br>If i need anything that is outside of my computer either i type "g" and am in google if using chimera... or if its not on, just "google whatimlookingfor" in a terminal and i get it in browser...<br><br>as at least in 10.1 i could not add google to the places to seach without searching the plugin or hacking it, i simply quit using it. <br><br>but hmm, maybe i should try... :)<br><br>what movie were u looking for ? :)<br><br>Giaguara<br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Awesome Watson feature! - 12/11/02 08:16 PM

Thanks for the tip. <br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Awesome Watson feature! - 12/11/02 08:59 PM

'Christmas Vacation', with Chevy Chase.<br><br>Sunday at 9pm, on NBC!<br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Awesome Watson feature! - 12/12/02 02:34 AM

Hey now...I own that on DVD! One of the classics <br><br><br>[color:red]Don't make me open this on you!</font color=red><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Awesome Watson feature! - 12/12/02 07:56 AM

Yeah, they added that in the last release a few weeks back I think... very handy!!!<br><br><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: sross

Re: Another cool feature with Watson - 12/12/02 02:47 PM

In the telephone book section, once it gets the number, there is a button to add it to your Address Book.<br><br>